What's new

Friday night losers club!!!!1!

in
keys fell off my belt on way home.
had to drive back. found keys on the the side of rt 81.
thank god.

That was the other fucked up thing that happened on my trip. Tuesday we were fishing a small lake and my buddy was fishing on the rock dam. He went to grab his Leatherman out of his back pocket which is also where he had his carabiner with all of his keys on it . Needless to say the carabiner came out of his pocket at the same time as the Leatherman and fell down into the depths of water and rocks - we couldn't even see them. We were pretty screwed at that point - 80 miles in the boonies and no truck keys. He started hiking down the road to find a ride to get some help while I stayed behind with the truck. It took me about 3 hours of moving boulders and rocks and letting the sediment settle but I could finally see the keys, I just couldn't reach them - they were to deep. I pulled an extra web strap off of my pack and the lanyard off of my survival knife and tied them together which gave me enough reach to get to the keys. I took a treble hook off of one my biggest fishing lures, tied it on the end of the lanyard and was able to fish the keys out. Popped apart the keyfob , dried it out and it worked normal. About an hour later my buddy showed up - I showed him the keys and I thought he was seriously going to cry tears of joy and relief. The only alternative to me finding the keys was to have a flat bed tow truck come from Billings,MT and haul the truck all the way back there so he could get a new encoded key from the Toyota dealer (Cody,WY was much closer but no Toyota dealer). He was able to call the tow company from the only tiny little store in the area (luckily they had a land line because there was zero cell service) and cancel the truck. He said I saved him about $1K by fishing those keys out of there.

In, not doing anything. I need to load the truck up for a dump run tomorrow I'll procrastinate a little longer.

What dealers were you going to hit in Puyallup? I'm just up the hill in Edgewood.

NW Motorsports. Was going to look at a truck in Oly on my way up also. I can't find shit for what I'm looking for here in Portland area, NW Motorsports has 3 of what I'm looking for.

NW Motorsports. Was going to look at a truck in Oly on my way up also. I can't find shit for what I'm looking for here in Portland area, NW Motorsports has 3 of what I'm looking for.

Do some research on them. They are not the most reputable out fit around here.

Changed the deadbolt on the front door. Got some pizza. Going to see Old Faithful in Napa tomorrow. Putting some can LED lights in the hallway, gotta go into the attic and undo the nail holding the existing light cans in before going to see old faithful.

DO NOT, I repeat, and I can't say it loud enough DO NOT waste your time with the junk they peddle.

DO NOT, I repeat, and I can't say it loud enough DO NOT waste your time with the junk they peddle.

Even if it's a newer truck with under 20k miles? I mean, how could they fuck that up? CarFax will definitely be had.

Even if it's a newer truck with under 20k miles? I mean, how could they fuck that up? CarFax will definitely be had.

Are you sure you want to risk figuring that out?
I don't know anything about NW Motorsports but they sound like bad news.
​​​​

In. Work was pretty busy as usual.
Relaxing tomorrow for better part of the day, after there are some projects awaiting.
Might make my local Cars and Coffee tomorrow AM.

About to make some margarita...

Ok, finding lost keys on the side of a freeway is amazing .

I said fyck it, lit up a stogie and went to chill in the back yard.:beer:

tara had given me one of those key chsin thing you buy at gas stations with your name on it.
It is safety orange with anthony on it. it is about 6" long.
it was the only thing i spotted.
got really lucky on this.

Close enough. Colusa. Lol

I think I ran the only stop sign in Colusa the other day on my way to chico. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and tapped the brakes and said, fuck to late. It was about 6 am and there was NOBODY around.

I wouldn't trust it to be a legit clean title vehicle. Every car of theirs I've ever inspected (pre/post purchase inspections) has had obvious rust painted/undercoated over because like the other used lots around here, they like to buy trucks from the auction after they've seen a few winters of salted roads in Canada. They're a big ass buy-here pay here lot.

In, not doing anything. I need to load the truck up for a dump run tomorrow I'll procrastinate a little longer.
Of course I fucked around too long and had to go to a different further away disposal site. Heading to home Depot for some 2x4s now.

Top Back Refresh