What's new

CA Free Scout?

Billy

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I found this in a sand wash while on a hike in Lake Hughs CA. Last registered in 97.

KIMG0073~2.JPG

I thought everything in CA was stripped and burned overnight by tweekers?

Actually a clean traveler, all things considered.

Would you just run it unregistered Offroad only, or try and contact the previous owner? Seems risky to do the work getting it out and then it being “stolen” in the system

Would you just run it unregistered Offroad only, or try and contact the previous owner? Seems risky to do the work getting it out and then it being “stolen” in the system
I didn't see any property boundary markers, but this might be on someone's back 40 since there's some other crap rotting away in the bushes nearby, but all that could've been dumped there.
If someone is for reals interested I could try and ask the land owner about it.

I didn't see any property boundary markers, but this might be on someone's back 40 since there's some other crap rotting away in the bushes nearby, but all that could've been dumped there.
If someone is for reals interested I could try and ask the land owner about it.
Is it accessible by 4wd tow rig and car trailer? Think Instagram overland 2 track roads...? Do you know the land owner?

Is it accessible by 4wd tow rig and car trailer? Think Instagram overland 2 track roads...? Do you know the land owner?
I don't know the land owner or even if it's on private land.
It's about an eighth mile from a house/paved road and the way they've recently graded the wash at the paved road, I think you may have to leave the trailer by the paved road and drag the scout out to the trailer

I don't know the land owner or even if it's on private land.
It's about an eighth mile from a house/paved road and the way they've recently graded the wash at the paved road, I think you may have to leave the trailer by the paved road and drag the scout out to the trailer
Do you have Gaia maps app, it has landowner info, if not send me coordinates and I’ll see what it shows

So you’re trying to give away a vehicle you don’t own and know nothing about? Seems illegal.

So, IF this rig is actually on private land, the closest house address is:

43615 Lake Hughes Rd.
Lake Hughes, CA. 93532

If someone is really interested you can write to that address or I could maybe leave a note in their mailbox.
There's a gate on the driveway and no intercom so mail seems the only option.

Whatever dude

The only thing I'm giving away is the knowledge of a potentially abandoned vehicle left to rot.
Potentially abandoned vehicle on potentially private property and you haven’t contacted the potential owner. Understood.

Potentially abandoned vehicle on potentially private property and you haven’t contacted the potential owner. Understood.
Yep, I'm just putting the info out there for anyone who might want this thing.
Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Yep, I'm just putting the info out there for anyone who might want this thing.
Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I’ve never had someone offer me a truck they didn’t own located in land they didn’t own. Just something I learned about in 2022.

Reading isn’t hard. Comprehending giving away shit you don’t own on someone’s private property is. Hopefully someone doesn’t drive by my property and give away the CUCV and 1972 blazer I might have sitting on my private property.
My god you're dumb.
I'm not trying to give away shit, I'm merely pointing out an opportunity for someone to rescue a rig, and I've provided all the necessary info to contact the possible owner.
Go troll someone else, idiot.

Reading isn’t hard. Comprehending giving away shit you don’t own on someone’s private property is. Hopefully someone doesn’t drive by my property and give away the CUCV and 1972 blazer I might have sitting on my private property.
Are your property lines clearly marked?
Is your junk sinking into the sand of a seasonal river with debris flows building up on the hood? Can you even see your junk from your house?

Reading comprehension seems to be extremely hard for you. Read post #8 and tell me anywhere in there you see the OP trying to give this Scout away.

Top Back Refresh