What's new

AZ Free IH Scout II Misc Drivetrain Stuff

TanTJJim

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I've been holding onto some old Scout II drivetrain parts, some good, some bad for way too long and they need to go, either to someone here or a scrapyard. It's all free, local pickup in AZ only and I'm only going to hold onto this stuff through the end of November max. If you want it, come and get it!

Working Dana 20 t-case with the bull gear for a manual tranny

Damaged wide range T19 that's currently in pieces. There was damage to the mainshaft and a couple of bearing surfaces on 2 gears due to low oil. The input shaft and countershaft still appear to be in good shape. Would be great for parts or if you want to cobble together your own wide range T19.

T18/T19 bellhousing for the 258 engine. This bellhousing has also been modified to accept a Jeep crank sensor so you could fuel inject your 258. (I put a Jeep 4.0L head on mine when I went this route, it works great!)

Diaphragm style clutch with a Jeep flywheel that has the crank trigger pattern on it, again so you could fuel inject a 258 in a Scout. Would need a modified throwout bearing to work in a Scout but I can give you my old one to use as a reference to start from. Clutch has <1000 miles on it and is from a Ford diesel that has the 1 1/4" spline pattern that works with the IH tranny.

I think I have a very new OE style 10" IH clutch as well, if you want it let me know beforehand so I can confirm I still have it. This is the 3 finger style pressure plate that requires you to have not skipped leg day to operate.

Various leaf springs in various states of disrepair. I have 1 fairly good front leaf pack (6 leaf maybe?) And a number of bastardized rear leaf packs, half of which have been twisted into S's because, axle wrap. Some are stock, some were from a Rough Country 4" lift leaf pack. These would be great for a blacksmith, but maybe "get you by for a while" for use in a vehicle.

The only thing I would take money for, and it's only if you absolutely need one and are willing to whisper sweet nothings into my ears and pay me way too much money for it, I do have a spare power steering gearbox that I may be willing to sell. I'm keeping it as a spare for now because these are harder to find than hen's teeth. This would be for the guy that's restoring one and the last thing he has left to find is a damn steering gear box or something along those lines. If you want it for your 4500 car that will never get finished you can kindly fuck off :flipoff2:

I guess I feel stupid for giving a local guy a free 1980 metric scout ii steering gaer for free for his Willy's build...

Good thing I've got a spare...

I guess I feel stupid for giving a local guy a free 1980 metric scout ii steering gaer for free for his Willy's build...

Good thing I've got a spare...

5 years ago I could occasionally find them on eBay for $150-$200 in questionably used condition (cores basically). Now all I see are rebuilt units for $500+. Hen's teeth I'm tellin' ya!

3 diff versions, 2 size inputs then the 1980 metric.

3 diff versions, 2 size inputs then the 1980 metric.

I didn't know the 1980 was different. Makes sense though, 1980 was a bastard year for a lot of things and then they killed it altogether :(

Well, all 1,100 lbs of IH leftovers went to the scrapyard. Hard to believe I'd been carting that junk around for like 5 years, good riddance!

Top Back Refresh