What's new

Found an AR Mag storage solution

Gatorgrizz27

Member Number
I saw a post on here asking about storing AR mags, I’ve had a similar issue as I have “several” of them. They don’t stack well on a shelf and I’m not paying $300 for a pelican case with laser cut foam that holds 6 mags.

Enter the $20 Plano tactical ammo crate. I picked up one at Bass Pro and then a second from Amazon, for some reason they have jumped up to $30 there.

They hold 10 GI mags per slot perfectly, and they hold 10 Pmags also, but they have to be “nested” a certain way. A dozen CZ scorpion mags fit in each slot also, including the 35 round Magpul ones.

Figured this might be helpful.

6D4ADFA2-F07F-41FD-B05A-F10ECE3CD137.jpeg

I have two of the MTM TCM15 Cans, each holds 15 AR mags. I want to say they were about $20 a pop as well. They do have the foam cutout to hold each mag individually. I figure for grab and go they seem great. But I like that Plano case you posted. Would work great for the other assortment of mags I have laying around.. plus the other AR mags that don't fit into those MTM cans.

how many exactly? :flipoff2:

I actually only own 2 stanags
Been meaning to buy a BCG for my AR for the past 18 months. I just borrow one from a friend whenever I want to shoot it haha
AR bits are kinda 'least concern' as they're pretty much everywhere and totally interchangable

VZ-58 mags on the other hand are about the cheapest they've been since the kits dried up and you can't get a kit with 5 mags for $80 any more
and nobody is ever going to make aftermarket mags that are anywhere near as good as the surplus ones

I have hundreds of AR/AK and VZ mags that need a better home than wardrobe boxes

i got about 15 AK mags in one of those single strap "messenger" style bags from either china or east europe or something. not organized or anything, but if i shoot my AK, if i even had one, i would grab that bag full of AK mags.

going through my mag stash, anyone know what HK steel mags are going for on the open market these days? might want to sell some of those HK mags and buy an entire bitcoin or something.

I have a range bag. They get piled in there until they don't fit.

I will spend the money on good shooting gear. I won't spend money on plastic bins when a canvas bag will last years, costs $15, and takes up almost no space if it's empty on the shelf.

Top Back Refresh