What's new

Forrest Fenns treasure found?

Member Number
Loc
South Park, CO
Hmmm
It says an estimated 350,000 people had hunted for the treasure which probably means 350,000 copies of his first book sold, which would have made him way more money than his supposed treasure cost, and he put out a second book too. It was all in good fun I suppose but I decided a few years back that the books were his retirement scam and it worked out pretty well for him. I hope they make him prove that this all was real. He's 89 now so not like anything could really cause him too much harm.

.https://www.santafenewmexican.com/n...cle_37006cfe-a8d7-11ea-8653-873ca96e31ef.html

Forrest Fenn confirms his treasure has been found

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/n...cle_37006cfe-a8d7-11ea-8653-873ca96e31ef.html
The search for treasure might be over, but the fight sure isn't.

Forrest Fenn, an 89-year-old Santa Fe author and artifacts dealer, said his treasure chest hidden in the Rocky Mountains in 2010 was found last week.

"It's true," Fenn told The New Mexican in a phone call Sunday, adding that the finder of his chest located the valuable goods "a few days ago."

Fenn wouldn't say where the treasure was found or who found it.

"The guy who found it does not want his name mentioned. He’s from back East," he said, adding that it was confirmed from a photograph the man sent him.

Fenn declined to produce the photograph Sunday.

An estimated 350,000 people have hunted for Fenn's treasure. Some quit their jobs to do so. But it's had deadly consequences. At least five people have died while searching for the chest.

Barbara Andersen, a Chicago real estate attorney, said she is filing an injunction in federal District Court alleging she solved the puzzle but was hacked by someone she doesn't know.

"He stole my solve," she said in an interview. "He followed and cheated me to get the chest."

Andersen, who has been licensed to practice law in Illinois since 1998, is representing herself.

In the injunction, she seeks to stop an unknown defendant from selling booty from the treasure chest. She is also asking the court to give the chest to her.

And that's not the only court case involving Fenn's treasure.

In December, David Harold Hanson of Colorado Springs, Colo., sued Fenn for $1.5 million, claiming he has deprived him of the treasure through fraudulent statements and misleading clues.

A judge threw out the case in February, citing mishandled procedure for serving Fenn with the lawsuit. But last week Hanson petitioned the court to reopen the case.

Hanson could not be reached Sunday for comment.

One treasure hunter taking Fenn to court was skeptical of the timing.

Brian Erskine of Prescott, Ariz., said in his complaint, filed in U.S. District Court, that he “solved the quest.”

Erskine said the site in question is in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado, between the towns of Silverton and Ouray and accessible by U.S. 550, also known as the “Million Dollar Highway.”

"He just got served with my lawsuit and now we have this press release," he said in an interview Sunday.

Among other arguments for his case, Erskine says abandoning a chest of valuables in the wild, as Fenn says he has done, means he couldn't "give title" as Fenn writes in his memoir, The Thrill of the Chase.

Erskine said he's confident his lawsuit will proceed.

And still others believe the treasure never existed — or had already been given away.

"I think his announcement is at least a few years, and a few lives, too late. But he has to live with that. I believe this was over much earlier than today," said treasure hunter Seth Wallack.

"I think 2019 is the year he said was his last to do any interviews about the treasure, which I interpret as he lost interest because the hunt was no longer," Wallack added. "In 2020, he said the treasure was found but doesn't reveal any details so his narrative can't be questioned."

Saying he wanted others to take part in an old-fashioned adventure, Fenn published clues online and in a 24-line poem published in his memoir.

In 2017, he told The New Mexican the chest weighs 20 pounds and its contents weigh another 22 pounds. He said he delivered the chest to its hiding place over two trips, by himself.

Asked how he felt Sunday, Fenn said it's been quite the decade.

"I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over,” Fenn said.

wow, real, fake or otherwise, I can't believe that there would be any lawsuits allowed over this.

never heard of it before, how do some people feel he is responsible for the deaths of others?

I've often though about sitting in Court for a few months, figuring out their procedures, then just suing goddamned everybody. You shake the tree eventually leaves will fall.

I've often though about sitting in Court for a few months, figuring out their procedures, then just suing goddamned everybody. You shake the tree eventually leaves will fall.

you would think, but i've been paying some shit lawyer for fucking months trying to get a business sued, holy fuck, what a damn scam. scam everyfuckingwhere.

So he pulled it back via "fake finder" because 5 people died already. Makes sense to me.

you would think, but i've been paying some shit lawyer for fucking months trying to get a business sued, holy fuck, what a damn scam. scam everyfuckingwhere.

The scam in court is the lawyers. They can afford to sue lots of people to "shake the tree". But common people just get scammed on both sides.

You should have your teeth kicked in. You are the biggest douche-canoe to ever visit these boards. Wenzel is a saint compared to your scumbag self.

That’s not very Christian of you, knob licker. That’s no way to make friends.

wow, real, fake or otherwise, I can't believe that there would be any lawsuits allowed over this.

never heard of it before, how do some people feel he is responsible for the deaths of others?

I've heard of it, but wasn't interested in looking for it. Not really surprised if there are lawsuits as idiots will sue for any fawking reason.

The scam in court is the lawyers. They can afford to sue lots of people to "shake the tree". But common people just get scammed on both sides.

There was a guy here in San Diego county that was in kahoots with a lawyer and they were filing multiple lawsuits against businesses for violating the ADA. It was all a big shakedown for $$$$$$.

I recall a show on Yoo Toob where 2 kids read the poem & searched (driving, hiking, common sense clues reference to landmarks) for the treasure. It seemed they played the game fair & square but ended going home empty handed-

god dammit why wont they give up the location where it was found!

i bet everyone wants to know if they were close:homer:

edit: the nine clues for those whove forgotten

Starting from the top of the poem version of the 9 Clues:
  • Gone alone in there.
  • Keep my secret.
  • Where warm waters halt.
  • Home of Brown.
  • No place for the meek.
  • No paddle up your creek.
  • Find the blaze.
  • Tarry scant with marvel gaze.

god dammit why wont they give up the location where it was found!

i bet everyone wants to know if they were close:homer:

edit: the nine clues for those whove forgotten

Starting from the top of the poem version of the 9 Clues:
  • Gone alone in there.
  • Keep my secret.
  • Where warm waters halt.
  • Home of Brown.
  • No place for the meek.
  • No paddle up your creek.
  • Find the blaze.
  • Tarry scant with marvel gaze.

People think it was near Gardiner, MT, just down stream of Mammoth Hot Springs.
Joe Brown put-in (along the yellowstone river north of Gardiner)
Up a hill, In grizz country (not for the meek)
Probably up a dry creek bed somewhere (no paddling).

I drive past there every year, wish I heard about this sooner, I would have stopped for a hike 😂

Last edited:
There goes my retirement plans, had that on the list of things todo

I have heard of it, but never gave it serious consideration because the "clues" were so cryptic and vague that it could be just about anywhere.

It is cool that someone supposedly found it, and I agree it would be cool if he disclosed where it was so I could see if the supposed clues do actually make any god damned sense :laughing:

It is unbelievable to me though that people are suing because they couldn't find it, or are actually trying to lay blame on Fenn for the dumbasses that died looking for the treasure :shaking:

I...
It is unbelievable to me though that people are suing because they couldn't find it, or are actually trying to lay blame on Fenn for the dumbasses that died looking for the treasure :shaking:

People will sue if you look at them funny. it's ridiculous.

You should have your teeth kicked in. You are the biggest douche-canoe to ever visit these boards. Wenzel is a saint compared to your scumbag self.

What are you even babbling about. Some hypothetical shit on your computer screen? Grow up.

That’s not very Christian of you, knob licker. That’s no way to make friends.

What's not Christian, writing things on a message board? I don't remember that when I read the Bible. You can text search it now, you know. "Thou shalt not make statements on a message board about frivilous lawsuits."

Didn't come up.

Everknob, you need a disclaimer like DieselMH has on PBB but you also need to be a more humorous and cut back on the text diarrhea.:flipoff2:

Know what doesn’t come up? That limp pecker of yours, pussy. Softer than a snowcone in July.

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be insulting? Half the guys on here are taking blue pills, which I don't. I'm so old, that questions of my virility don't bother me anymore. That's long in the past.

Have you mistaken me for a 14 year old boy, or perhaps a Chinaman? I'm not going to extinct Northern White Rinos to grind their horns up for dick potions. I don't care.

This is a mystifying and frankly hilarious insult. Limp dick. :shaking: It doesn't even make sense, but it's entertaining I guess.

clues sound like it was in a shitter

Huh. I'd heard it had been found, but didn't know Fenn died. Thanks.

Neat that the whole thing is wrapped up, and Fenn saw the end. No 'Oak Island' BS for the future.

Top Back Refresh