What's new

Formula 1 2021

In good people news... Vettel stuck around to help clean up.

20210719_112429.jpg

is that to offset being the highest paid driver? :flipoff2: Jokes aside good on him. Certainly not something many do I would guess, nice to see some people are decent.

Max is just a bad driver. From the in car and this you can tell he wrecked himself. He saw that hammy had him and he still turned in. Sure he may have thought that the wreck would not happen or hammy would back out. But that is not what happened. I like max but he is to blame.

Max is just a bad driver. From the in car and this you can tell he wrecked himself. He saw that hammy had him and he still turned in. Sure he may have thought that the wreck would not happen or hammy would back out. But that is not what happened. I like max but he is to blame.

Gonna disagree here. Had this been a 50-100 mph corner sure. But not a flat out in 5th or 6th gear corner

really bad example to all the youngsters racing, and had this been 30 years ago when the cars were not as stout it could easily have been Max’s death we were talking about
of course the FIA is so worried about appearing racist that any chance of a fair penalty was zero

had the roles been reversed? Immediate ban for Max. Heck look at the Vettel /Ferrari penalty in 17 for making Louise go 4 wheels off with zero danger implied. Here we have a situation where death was a possibility and the penalty was a joke.

I am no fan of Max but at this point I am a fan of anyone but the poor disadvantaged black child from the projects. (Hardly) Fuck Hamilton

And fuck the whining about the cost of the crash damage. Team managers trying to show the cost cap in a bad light. If Redbull has any balls they would instruct Checo to take out Hamilton at the start this weekend - let matters sort themselves out like Prost / Senna if you will instead of this sissy boy prima Donna nonsense

it may even help the pathetic viewer numbers

If Redbull has any balls they would instruct Checo to take out Hamilton at the start this weekend - let matters sort themselves out like Prost / Senna if you will instead of this sissy boy prima Donna nonsense
Thought would have crossed my mind.

I saw a deal saying Hammy went full into the corner and never would have made it at his attack angle and he should have yielded. It's also on the overtaking driver to ensure he his clear correct?

Gonna disagree here. Had this been a 50-100 mph corner sure. But not a flat out in 5th or 6th gear corner

really bad example to all the youngsters racing, and had this been 30 years ago when the cars were not as stout it could easily have been Max’s death we were talking about
of course the FIA is so worried about appearing racist that any chance of a fair penalty was zero

had the roles been reversed? Immediate ban for Max. Heck look at the Vettel /Ferrari penalty in 17 for making Louise go 4 wheels off with zero danger implied. Here we have a situation where death was a possibility and the penalty was a joke.

I am no fan of Max but at this point I am a fan of anyone but the poor disadvantaged black child from the projects. (Hardly) Fuck Hamilton

And fuck the whining about the cost of the crash damage. Team managers trying to show the cost cap in a bad light. If Redbull has any balls they would instruct Checo to take out Hamilton at the start this weekend - let matters sort themselves out like Prost / Senna if you will instead of this sissy boy prima Donna nonsense

it may even help the pathetic viewer numbers
The speed of the corner has nothing to do with it. Max knew there was a car there and yielded for a split second and then decided no I'm going to take the line I want to. Hoping the car backed off. It was there. He hit that car it doesn't matter what car it was. He was all over the road doing anything required to keep the obviously faster car behind him. That was not clean racing on Max's part at all. Randy Pobst said yesterday that you should never hit was you can see and know is there. Max knew he was there.

Whoops.

I vote for pistols at dawn, with at least one of them slapping the other with some white linen gloves.

wth? FIA wonders why it's viewership is waning, well there ya go. Not only is the racing boring most of the time, they have to go muck it up more.

I’m just getting into F1 and making it a point to watch all the races.

The stewards and appeals is all BS making me question my new sport. Hammilton had room but was pushing Max out instead of driving the inside line. Any other driver would have been yanked and fined on the spot.

now with all the technology available they need a full liter to test? BS, they need a half of drop to process.

I couldn't beleive that lap 1 incident - 5 of the top 6 drivers taken out within 30 seconds :eek: Was shocked Max was able to keep going, the cart took a hard hit

Awesome defense by Alonso & Ocon both, would have been nice to see a little more footage of Ocon holding off Seb

Double points for Williams - only took the field going down to 14 to get it:homer:

Can't believe Seb is DQ'd based on that - ridiculous. Also thought they said Russell ran out of fuel too, but I didn't hear him get DQ'd so the announcer must have been wrong about that.

Last two races sure have thrown the driver & constructors points for a loop

Can't believe Seb is DQ'd based on that - ridiculous. Also thought they said Russell ran out of fuel too, but I didn't hear him get DQ'd so the announcer must have been wrong about that.
Russell stopped immediately after the finish to make sure they had enough fuel for the sample.

The fuel sample thing is a pretty common rule in sanctioned motorsports and hardly new. It sucks for Seb and TBH I'd rather see a fine or championship points off the team as it's on the team to make sure there's enough fuel left for the sample.

Russell stopped immediately after the finish to make sure they had enough fuel for the sample.

The fuel sample thing is a pretty common rule in sanctioned motorsports and hardly new. It sucks for Seb and TBH I'd rather see a fine or championship points off the team as it's on the team to make sure there's enough fuel left for the sample.
The team said they had 1.44l of fuel left, but could only get .3l out for sample. Prostate problems maybe?

that makes sense, thanks. All the reddit threads/articles I found, no mention of Russel shutting down.

agree - that's not the drivers' cause, nor can the weight of 1/2 a liter really make any difference in the car performance. Punish the team makes more sense. Saw somewhere it's an older rule from back when they didn't have all the flow meter data / fuel measurements / etc.

I have tested fuel for SCCA races for years. You don't need 1 liter of fuel (almost 34 ounces) for testing. I could do it on about 1.5 ounces on our tester. They have better ones that only need a tiny amount. Considering how close everything is in F1 I'm shocked they need that much fuel.

Fucking snowflake got his feelings hurt.

Schumacher Demands an Apology from Steiner for Hungarian GP F1 Crash Criticism​

Published 08/03/2021, 9:11 AM MST
1368_RC23XM9DRCX8_RTRMADP_3_MOTOR-F1-EMILIAROMAGNA.jpg

Formula One F1 – Emilia Romagna Grand Prix – Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola, Italy – April 16, 2021 Haas team principal Guenther Steiner during the press conference FIA/Handout via REUTERS

It seemed like anything was possible at the Hungarian GP- even a Haas challenging a Red Bull. A less talked about driver at the race, Mick Schumacher, shone brightly at the Hungaroring. Following an FP3 crash, the German received some strong comments from his team principal. Schumacher surely proved him wrong with his powerful defense in the race.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad

After the crash, Guenther Steiner criticized the irresponsibility of the young driver. Schumacher retaliated with a heated response, implying that the car was the problem. Even though he finished outside points, Schumacher fought with the big names of the sport and did a good job at it. As a result, Ralph Schumacher expects Guenther to apologize to the rookie.
139913138_SP1EH7U13WGUC_RTRMADP_3_MOTOR-F1-HUNGARY.jpg

Formula One F1 – Hungarian Grand Prix – Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary – July 30, 2021 Haas’ Mick Schumacher in action during practice REUTERS/Florion Goga
Ralf said, “I just want to hope that his team boss, Guenther Steiner, apologized to Mick or quickly apologized. This public statement about his driver without having spoken to him beforehand is an absolute no-go and has nothing to do with driver management, especially among young people.” (Quotes translated from German using Google)

An impressive drive by Mick Schumacher​

Having missed qualifying, Schumacher Jr. started at the bottom of the grid. The events at turn 1, however, shot Schumacher up to the tenth place during the restart. In the points, the Haas rookie defended his position from the Red Bull of Max Verstappen. What was impressive was that he did this for ten laps.
In a track where overtaking is a tedious task, Verstappen tried multiple times to get ahead of the Haas. Schumacher didn’t give the championship contender any leeway as he drove confidently. Although he eventually lost the position, Schumi had a lot to learn from the experience.

Impressed with himself, he said: “I wasn’t anticipating being able to hold him off for so long, but I’m glad that I was able to and able to get the opportunity to fight with the top guys…I was fighting with Max twice on the road and was able to [increase] my experiences, in that case, feel the pressure and not crack under pressure.”

Schumacher, usually at the bottom of the grid with Mazepin, also out-performed Giovinazzi’s AlfaRomeo. The German heads to the summer break on a high. “I think it was a very, very positive day. Lots learned, lots to take away from here, and lots for everybody to look forward to in the summer break and coming back to Spa.”
As the Haas driver familiarizes himself with the big league, one can only expect a slow rise to the top for Schumi. Mick has learned a lot in Hungary and will have a lot more experience in Belgium. Let’s hope we see more duels from the junior!

Tough to sign up with a team who isn't dedicated to improvement over the season. That whole situation is a mess.

Top Back Refresh