What's new

Formula 1 2020

Makes you wonder if this whole exercise was a huge mistake. That race was pretty eye opening to me at least. A talented driver from the back of the grid gave a hamilton like performance with only a weekend experience in the car. The guy did not even know the button locations at race start. It makes Bottas look terrible. Hard to convince me now that Hamiltons record is not purely the car.

The one place that Hamilton would have done better is to tell the pit to pound sand on that last tire change.

Reactions: GMC
Makes you wonder if this whole exercise was a huge mistake. That race was pretty eye opening to me at least. A talented driver from the back of the grid gave a hamilton like performance with only a weekend experience in the car. The guy did not even know the button locations at race start. It makes Bottas look terrible. Hard to convince me now that Hamiltons record is not purely the car.

The one place that Hamilton would have done better is to tell the pit to pound sand on that last tire change.

The track they were at had a ton to do with it. Hopefully Hamilton is still out for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and we get a real test. It's all up to the health department because he for sure does not get an easy pass they will have to give him a special dispensation around the travel ban rules.

So Max sure ran away with it on the last race. Botas was down accouple seconds Hammy was down 17 seconds? Seemed like a huge split all the way down the field compare to other races.

So Max sure ran away with it on the last race. Botas was down accouple seconds Hammy was down 17 seconds? Seemed like a huge split all the way down the field compare to other races.

The cynic in me says MB dialed the cars back just enough to improve the probability of not losing a power plant. They both drove very conservatively.

Anyway, a pretty boring season all in all. I know they crammed a lot in a short period of time, but it was a runnaway for MB. I was pleased to see some other teams improve, but of course it was not enough to overcome MB. Next year should be interesting, no DAS, no Honda, etc., so we'll see what MB has up their sleeve and if Ferrari can get their shit together.

Reactions: GMC

Can't drive for shit recovering from the Rona. :laughing::stirthepot:

It was time.

20201214_075037.jpg

Perez to Redbull.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...s-max-verstappen-f1-team-mate-for-2021-season

Sergio Perez has landed the coveted second seat at Red Bull next to Max Verstappen to stay on the Formula 1 grid for the 2021 season.

Alex Albon is retained by the team in a test and reserve driver role.

"The chance to race for a championship contending team is something I have been hoping for since I joined F1 and it will be a proud moment to step onto the grid in Red Bull colours," said Perez.

In a break with recent Red Bull tradition, Perez becomes the first driver to join the team from outside their own young driver programme since 2007.

Top Back Refresh