What's new

Formula 1 2020

I'd hate to see Perez go to Haas. He's put in all the work you could ever ask of a driver. He needs a winning car. Time to give him a real chance. Like Red Bull or something. I'd hate to see him go backwards.

I'd hate to see Perez go to Haas. He's put in all the work you could ever ask of a driver. He needs a winning car. Time to give him a real chance. Like Red Bull or something. I'd hate to see him go backwards.

Agree 100%. But it would really only be a one year penalty in the 2022 reset is actually that.

Watch any of his on board videos. That car is awful.

Aston Martin with the pink Merc will tell us the truth about him.

This and your motivation must be practically zero when they announced you are fired after the season before it even starts!

Well that race was interesting.

Hard to fathom why Max would have the same engine issue as last week with seemingly endless resources to correct it.

Hard to justify spending hundreds of millions while
- rest of the world is suffering in all aspects economic
-the teams constantly whine about the engines
- you are getting your ass handed to you, as is everyone, by AMG
- electric is the flavor of the month

Wonder if they palm off the program to Mugen?
Does Redbull go cap in hand to Renault?
Have to imagine Mercedes won't want to supply current Honda teams

Sad to say I have not watched anything but highlights, as I have said before I now know how the non-Ferrari fans felt during the Schumacher/Ross Brawn era. More passes in a single MotoGP lap than the entire F1 weekend. Heck the Indycar road course races this season have been real cracking races with passes all over. And god damn but the cars are ugly, even the Indy cars with their fighter cockpit style protection are more pleasing to the eye (and they look blocky as hell in person)

Interesting to see Jackie Stewarts comments regarding Hamilton not being one of the top F1 drivers of all time. Don't agree with him on much, but do agree on this. He rates Fangio, Clark and Senna top 3 and thinks Hamilton has achieved his pretty outstanding record mostly by being in dominant machinery, rather than talent alone. In the same regard I would probably add Prost and Schuey ahead of Hamilton, I do give him credit for being incredibly smart about the timing of his move to Mercedes.

Doesn't align with their consumer base/image, I guess.

Seems like you would want to figure out whatever AMG has that makes them better rather then just quitting.

Interesting to see Jackie Stewarts comments regarding Hamilton not being one of the top F1 drivers of all time. Don't agree with him on much, but do agree on this. He rates Fangio, Clark and Senna top 3 and thinks Hamilton has achieved his pretty outstanding record mostly by being in dominant machinery, rather than talent alone. In the same regard I would probably add Prost and Schuey ahead of Hamilton, I do give him credit for being incredibly smart about the timing of his move to Mercedes.

Agree. And I think you can make a case for switching the order of any of the top 3. I was too young to follow Fangio and Clark in real time, but I've seen film and those guys were running in the most dangerous time of F1. That first lap in the rain when Senna passed everyone cements him as my number one.

Doesn't align with their consumer base/image, I guess.

Seems like you would want to figure out whatever AMG has that makes them better rather then just quitting.

The big news from AMG this year was that Dual Axis Steering and while it may have delivered on the promise of reduced scrub in a straight line, and less aero drag it's going to be banned for 2021. But DAS aside, the AMG just flat out has more power, the only drag races they're losing are driver error.

Does Redbull go cap in hand to Renault?

Not quite cap in hand but they will likely end up back with Renault. Each engine supplier (Merc, Ferrari, Renault and Honda) is expected be equipped to supply a minimum of 3 teams and at the moment both Merc and Ferrari are supplying 4 & 3 teams respectively and only team running Renault engines is Renault themselves. So under current rules Renault will be obliged to supply engines to Redbull regardless of the relationship between the two.

Toto has been noted saying that they're not developing the car any further, they're working on 2021 design, and thinking about 2022. The other marques are playing catchup, especially Red Bull, but it will be too little too late. I mean, if Botas didn't drop out of the last race, he likely would have finished in second.

Fucking Hamilton just always finds a way to win. He's really good at managing his tires. The Turkish was the best race of the season for me. Rain, spins, tire strategy, it all played out. Poor Racing Point, it must have ripped out their hearts.

Enjoyable race. Happy to see Vettel back on the podium. RP stated they had front wing damage on Stroll's car but didn't post pics. He certainly lost his cool.

Fucking Hamilton just always finds a way to win. He's really good at managing his tires. The Turkish was the best race of the season for me. Rain, spins, tire strategy, it all played out. Poor Racing Point, it must have ripped out their hearts.

Did you see those tires? Just gone. I laughed at the radio from him near the end. Are these tires going to explode? LOL Some of the radio for this race was funny. Nice to see Seb on the podium. He needs to thank his teammate for that one. :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zh4TpXjhXI&ab_channel=FORMULA1

Holy fucking :nuke: :eek:

Grosjean is seriously lucky.

Huge props to the doc for getting the marshal to hit the fire in the right place so he could pull him out.

was watching this one live. Thought I watched Grosjean die, that crash was BRUTAL. Fireball + crash, I thought he was trapped. Super lucky he was able to stay awake and get out. think they were posting he saw in the realm of 150g's :eek:

how did he come out? I think he used up the fire suit rating.

Amazingly well :eek: Burns to his hands and the ankle he lost the boot from and that was it. They initially thought there may be some broken ribs but x-rays were all clear. He really is one lucky SOB, if he didn't have the halo he probably would have lost his head.

image_35165.jpg
A car shaped like a wedge. I think those crash barriers are a horrible device to keep cars from going anywhere. I bet there are some changes in the future. I'm shocked there isn't a tire wall with that plastic sheeting there since the wall angles toward the track a good bit. The halo that everyone hates may have saved his life. :eek:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

wall.JPG

So...

Hambone out.
Russell taking his seat.
Mick to Haas.
Aitkin to cover Russell.
Norris had a pancake with a strawberry on top for breakfast.

Nearly every road circuit has Armco style barriers... (excluding street courses.) Some have concrete in places but the overwhelming majority have steel guardrails. All the way from club tracks to FIA Grade 1 circuits. I'm perplexed at this outburst of outrage over the barriers. Why hasn't anyone been outraged and calling for the removal of Armco since 1973? I've read article after article people screaming that how can these types of barriers be allowed? I'm just like, the hell have you people been?

Obviously that barrier failed catastrophically and I agree that it was designed poorly with that angle. That should obviously be looked at. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that there was a lack of maintenance there that contributed to the failure.

HALO proved it's worth right there beyond any doubt. Might be ugly, but fuck it, it works and saved his life. Absolutely amazed he was able to climb out of that heap on his own.

Russel now has the chance of a lifetime. I hope he smokes Bottas and proves it's the car. I just don't think Lewis is as great as people think. He's very good, no doubt, but he's not Schumacher, Senna, Prost, or Clark. I also think Bottas isn't nearly as good as that car makes him look. Hopefully Russell obliterates him...

Top Back Refresh