What's new

Forklift for personal use (outdoor)

I can also give advice regarding loaders, do not be afraid to buy used models, they are often fully functional only 2 times cheaper. As for the type of forklift, well, a diesel forklift costs more than others, and it's also more powerful. It is better not to use this type of loader indoors due to noise and exhaust gases. Electric forklifts are the most economical, quiet and environmentally friendly. However, you need a special room to charge the battery, which needs to be serviced all the time. The most optimal would be a gasoline forklift, which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor areas, and their noise is acceptable - Forklifts Hire & Rental in the UK - Affordable Counterbalance, Reach Trucks, Pallet Trucks, Stacker Trucks, Narrow Aisle Flexi Forklifts, Multi Directional Forklifts, Lithium Ion Forklifts, Sideloaders, Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks, Electric and Gas Forklifts for Hire and Rent in the UK..

Last edited:
I can also give advice regarding loaders, do not be afraid to buy used models, they are often fully functional only 2 times cheaper.
Please to be assorted with the compliment to your experience will you sell when the market is high?

The time is coming for the winds of change and we will all be struck with wonder at the events that change our lives.

Please to be assorted with the compliment to your experience will you sell when the market is high?

The time is coming for the winds of change and we will all be struck with wonder at the events that change our lives.
Holy fucking nailed it:laughing::laughing::laughing:

So what do you do when someone offers you two free 6k forklifts? Go rent two trailers and drag those bitches home on a Saturday. :smokin:

Went in on this deal with a buddy since we both wanted one of them.

Short version: Local distribution warehouse place retired these earlier this year. They tried to sell them but got a bunch of tire kicker dealers that didn't want to touch them (high-ish hours - 12k hour to be exact). Claimed he couldn't even find anyone to take them for scrap, which I don't really believe. We had a friend that did some work at the site and got us in touch with him.

We rented a lift deck and a tilt deck trailer and showed up saturday. He had them read and even had a 12k forklift and just lifted them right on ot the trailers. Too easy. Chained them down and dragged them 100 miles back to my place.

Both had been robbed of a couple minor parts for the remaining machine they kept. We scavenged a couple propane fittings from once and had the other running within an hour of getting home. So far, it's 100% functional and just needs a few cosmetic things.

Second one, we had been warned had a hole in the radiator from the fane throwing a blade in to it. Also was missing the propane junction block and pressure release. Ran to lows and grabbed a flare nipple and had it hooked up and with a jump it was also running enough to move around. Besides the radiator, it's also not responding to throttle. We suspect it's the pedal sensor/tps but ran out of time to troubleshoot it. Otherwise, everything else seems to function well. I am noticing from the pic that the tilt cylinder apparently needs to be repacked. :laughing:

Already started ordering parts - new fan, radiator. Will probably do the water pump while we have it torn apart. They had both just been serviced before they were parked so shouldn't need to do fluids or anything else like that.

1658109498783.png

I already had their older/smaller brother. My FG25 (2.5 ton) that I bought when I moved about a year and half ago. It's a little clapped out, but still runs pretty well. Plan is to fix a couple minor things, give it a Ritchie Brothers tune up and sell it as soon as we get the 2nd new one 100%.

1658110053278.png

1658110126599.png

All three are dual fuel. I run the green one on gas only because it has a very small propane leak that will drain the tank down if you forger to close the valve when you park it. The two new ones supposedly have been 100% propane and never even had gas in their tanks.
1658110479346.png

Reeks of "must be insured and willing to jump though a bunch of bullshit hoops"
Nope. Most likely just wasn't calling the right people and didn't want to deal with the "right" people.

We were prepared to winch and come-a-long them in to the trailers. Instead he rolls out with the first one sitting on the forks of another giant forklift. :laughing:

I am a little surprised that a 12k (assuming at 24" LC) forklift handled loading those okay, I'd guess that was pushing it a little.
I've lifted the steers off the ground on a 20k lift by trying to ignore the load center rating.

Oh yeah, it was definitely at thr load limit. He was keeping them low. Plopped them down with the front wheels on the edge of the ramp deck and then pushed from behind. Way too easy.

Fucking badass! I've had to spend for each of mine, but I needed them when I needed them. I'm always looking for those deals though, have trailer, will travel:smokin:

Top Back Refresh