What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
What's the current status on Cisco grove?

Can you park trailers in the lot right next to rattlesnake road?

Can you still go through the camp ground to the trail that takes you to the trail head?

went up to fordyce lake for the 4th, heard meadow lake was busy and the part of cisco i could see from committee was pretty empty, which i guess means they arent letting people in

i saw a bunch of flat beds parked over in the dirt lot by the chevron, but didnt see any campers or tents there

edit: i r dumb :homer: , i think i was on rattle snake rd thursday and sunday and didnt see any rvs or tents on the sides

Last edited:
went up to fordyce lake for the 4th, heard meadow lake was busy and the part of cisco i could see from committee was pretty empty, which i guess means they arent letting people in

i saw a bunch of flat beds parked over in the dirt lot by the chevron, but didnt see any campers or tents there

edit: i r dumb :homer: , i think i was on rattle snake rd thursday and sunday and didnt see any rvs or tents on the sides

I'm not sure what you mean :flipoff2:​​​​​​

There is a dirt lot right next to the gate on rattlesnake rd, I think there is a shipping container or 2 right there. We used to park the trailers and trucks there. You could go in rattlesnake to committee or you could parallel the freeway through the Cisco grove campground and hit a short trail that pops out right at the eagle lakes staging area.

How was rattlesnake road going to Fordyce lake? I heard they were doing a bunch of work to it to get equipment in there.

Park truck and trailer below Chevron. No more parking on the N side of I 80.

B7B2A57F-94D9-4127-AD70-82455F8013BE.jpeg

My buddy is trying to get me to go this weekend, you might see them up there.

How's the camping at Fordyce lake look? I'm guessing with the lake empty is kinda lame?

My buddy is trying to get me to go this weekend, you might see them up there.

How's the camping at Fordyce lake look? I'm guessing with the lake empty is kinda lame?

Just headed up for work, my junk is cut up at the moment.

I'm not sure what you mean :flipoff2:​​​​​​

There is a dirt lot right next to the gate on rattlesnake rd, I think there is a shipping container or 2 right there. We used to park the trailers and trucks there. You could go in rattlesnake to committee or you could parallel the freeway through the Cisco grove campground and hit a short trail that pops out right at the eagle lakes staging area.

How was rattlesnake road going to Fordyce lake? I heard they were doing a bunch of work to it to get equipment in there.

roads not bad, my buddy drove my stockish f250 up and didnt have any problems

ive only been to meadow lake once and this was my first time on this end of the trail so the road/trail names are a bit fuzzy for me:flipoff2:

fordyce lake is like 4ft below full as of last weekend and theyve had the flow at about 50cfs for like a month, idk what they have going on

Anyone been up rattlesnakes to Fordyce lake recently? Road condition? Can you drag a trailer all the way to Fordyce Lake? Heard a rumor that the Fordyce lake campground was closed, is that true?

I wouldn't drag a trailer past the turn off to Signal Peak. Camping at Fordyce was open as of last weekend. I just park my tow rig at Chevron, bomb over the freeway and ul Rattlesnake. Waved at CHP last time, he just smiled and waved back.

I am happy to report the guys at cisco grove campground took my $5 to let me wheel the bypass trail and they told me they are allowing tow rigs to park in their lot again for $10/night. They said no camping. They have a red box on the closer building that will be the drop box for night time arrivals.

Reactions: Clb
Haha. Rode with a Bernie in a Sammy this weekend. Just a wild ass guess.

Attachments

• E032E3D8-6A13-4163-B186-5D422150CE56.jpeg
    E032E3D8-6A13-4163-B186-5D422150CE56.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
So the discharge is set at 50cfps (as I heard) if that's the plan for this year's run season, question, how deep are the crossings at this rate of discharge?
Or are they varying daily flow?

So the discharge is set at 50cfps (as I heard) if that's the plan for this year's run season, question, how deep are the crossings at this rate of discharge?
Or are they varying daily flow?
Committee crossing was up to hubs on 42s. 2nd crossing was a little deeper., maybe 1ft deeper. Anything below 300 is nothing to worry about. Here is the link if you dont know about it : Fordyce Creek - Below Fordyce Dam - river flow graph
PXL_20210531_172039293.PORTRAIT.jpg

Reactions: Clb
My rockers are knee high on the 83...(edit 24" )
I see its bouncing around 450-400 (dropping) today, guess the snow melt is causing this?
or did they retain some capacity last winter?
Sammy crawler, +-25 cfps 1 june so around 2' deep.
I ran it before the scamdemic hit in the big tire taco at like 10" of flow (?9cfps?) But the 83 is a lowrider.
Guess I gotta wait till it drains out..:idea:

Last edited:
Snow melt doesn’t record at the outflow. And there’s no snow anyway. They have it cranked up to finish draining. Shouldn't take too much longer.

Anyone been up on fordyce lately? Heading up this weekend

+-69 cfps today got my junk tore apart for a death wobble fix after paying for them to be set up.
take depth pics for us.
I can't wait, it should be dried out soon, I'm interested in how much pressure there is gunna be on the trail with low water depth...

Edit they musta opened the gate right after I posted this...

Last edited:
Flow is going up to 150 today till Sierra Trek per FOF social media.
Also a fire popped up west of Jackson Meadow this morning.
Screenshot_20210707-103427_Chrome.jpg

I noticed flow rates dropped again but the forest is closed until sept 6th.

have they gone to each gate in the forest and locked them? I’m curious how they “close” the forest. I’m supposed to hit fordyce Sept 18th but am worried about this closure. I’m not an idiot, I won’t have a camp fire, my rig doesn’t backfire and shoot flames out the back. I don’t think I’m starting any fires. Hopefully they don’t extend it past the 6th

Last year they closed the gates. I haven't been up the hill since the closure so don't know if they've done that yet.
I'm thinking they might keep things closed till it rains.

I don't think there is a gate at the eagle lakes entrance. I ran in committee july 9th and didn't see a gate anywhere. Friends of Fordyce posted saying committee would be closed the 12th. I've been up since then but just through eagle lakes up to 3 and back down and out

Top Back Refresh