What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

Cut some trail to the staging area at Eagle Lakes. Then on to the Y. No one wanted to run the trail though. 😥
Nice. Going up there tomorrow. It looks like you went left towards pierce loop, did you go all the way around? Got friends in stock trucks with at tires that want to tag along.

Didn't do the whole loop, only went staging to the river and back out. If you've got someone to plow/pack the rest of the trail they might be ok. It was pretty powdery when we went through

Didn't do the whole loop, only went staging to the river and back out. If you've got someone to plow/pack the rest of the trail they might be ok. It was pretty powdery when we went through
get any pics?

Just a couple pics on the previous page. This was at the "meadow" or water crossing

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20211217-052350.jpg
    VideoCapture_20211217-052350.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 54
How is the pierce ohv trail? I've never ran it but would like to check it out

Went and did pierce loop counter clockwise. Went a little ways to where eagle lakes and fordyce trail split, got tempted to keep going since snow was already packed by a big group, some rigs possibly on tracks. Snow was still nice dry in deep spots where there weren’t tracks yet

Attachments

• 46644690-4DA7-41A3-9CED-C7ACA3754BC0.jpeg
    46644690-4DA7-41A3-9CED-C7ACA3754BC0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • 55FC7ECD-B74E-4E8D-8F86-95A7B7265D13.jpeg
    55FC7ECD-B74E-4E8D-8F86-95A7B7265D13.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Entrance to Cisco still blocked and lot hasn't been plowed. Eagle lakes was a sloppy mess with rain melting snow.
20211222_114014.jpg

Should be snowing up there today. Got a light dusting in auburn.
20220222_122036.jpg

Was seriously considering calling in sick to go play. Then I realized I am actually sick and should chill.
Then I remembered my rig is broke. So now I’m sick and depressed.

Crank up the shop heater and go out there and snivel?:flipoff2::flipoff2::grinpimp:
Can't play ifn ya don't Pay

Down a bottle of DayQuil like it’s whiskey and stare at it till it fixes itself? Sounds like a fuckin plan

25 feb
The ascent to sunrise, drifted in just past them 3 guys on the left...
20220225_120752.jpg

That’s the only other set of red wheels I’ve seen except for your Jeep’s twin up here.

Anyone wanna go for a run Monday? Fordyce or somewhere near auburn? I wanna get this thing out in the snow
20220206_172640.jpg

Anyone know what eagle lake staging area looks like?

I'm debating going towards rubicon or fordyce. Fordyce is easier access but I feel like rubicon might be easier to wheel

I don't know what the snow situation is, but like I said, side hills could be literally deadly on the bottom of Fordyce. So unless you're OK with turning around after a few miles, I'd definitely head to the con.

I don't know what the snow situation is, but like I said, side hills could be literally deadly on the bottom of Fordyce. So unless you're OK with turning around after a few miles, I'd definitely head to the con.
I think it will be pretty sloppy. It's been nearly 80* this whole week. I'm not concerned with getting too far in as much as getting into the mtns and fresh air

The melt was on a few weeks back when I posted the fordyce sign.
Killer base w\a 2-3" powder dusting on top then. ...
+1 on the sidehiil shit, and another+1 on fresh air.
Headed out this am for some dry lakebed camping with the guys.

Well didn't die today. Made it through the first creek crossing. Pretty much chilled here, threw some rocks in the water, had lunch. Lots of trees down near where the big tree fell last year or 2 years ago? Ended up going with a group of 5 rigs. Killer day on the trail

20220327_115531.jpg

Top Back Refresh