What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

Guessing that Eldo being closed will buy us at least 6 months of time on the back end..
Godspeed Cal

Bumping this. Levels are crazy low. Like 10 CFS.....air quality is cleaning up from what I see on the computer but the fucking forest is closed till Saturday 😡😡😡 I just wanna hit fordyce. We had planned on this weekend

Fook
I need to get up there next weekend if they do as is posted:confused::lmao:
Yea well let's see....

I’m definitely fine not listening to these fucking idiots and go wheeling. I won’t have any camp fires. I am not a moron and won’t set a fire. I just don’t want to drive up to a closed gate

I’m definitely fine not listening to these fucking idiots and go wheeling. I won’t have any camp fires. I am not a moron and won’t set a fire. I just don’t want to drive up to a closed gate
I dont believe there is a gate to close at Eagle Lakes/Indian Springs. I could be wrong. I just dont remember ever seeing one.

Pay attention and make sure they don't expand the order. Rumors of it being pushed till end of month.
And they are patrolling in their fancy jeep.

Otherwise fuck it. Have fun. I may mob my new Bronco to Meadow if it's open.

:bounce:
Garbage add infested links :confused:
time to "sirch":beer:

website claims it's OPEN:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Meadow lake. Only one here.
20210917_120554.jpg

Stopped by on the way to Reno to see what's what. Store is closed, gates up and whole place looks deserted.
20211209_094103.jpg

Stopped by on the way to Reno to see what's what. Store is closed, gates up and whole place looks deserted.
20211209_094103.jpg
I heard some stupid hippies bought it and wanted nothing to do with anything motorized. I guess they realized how much they were loosing by not doing the pay to park. Wonder if they're being just as dumb with the sled guys?

Although, there is obviously not quite enough there for that yet.

The store at Cisco? Is this the gate at committee? Not too familiar with it
Yup, The store and campground were closed with a closed road sign before the kiosk. This is the bottom of Rattlesnake Rd.
I heard some stupid hippies bought it and wanted nothing to do with anything motorized. I guess they realized how much they were loosing by not doing the pay to park. Wonder if they're being just as dumb with the sled guys?

Although, there is obviously not quite enough there for that yet.
They were letting people pay to park and use the $5 trail this summer from what I heard. I refuse to give them money.
Storms forecasted for this week so they could be holding out for more snow. I'll be up that way again this week and will check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clb
Phawkin " hippies"...
I am blessed with one in my heep club, whatta pita.
Their "utopia" failed yet they insist on surviving to pollute the atmosphere:homer:

20211209_094103.jpg
Do they “own” that gate and road? Thought that was a forest service road. Is it ever open.

I called the Chevron across the freeway last year to ask about the parking situation up there when there's snow on the ground. He said I could park the truck and trailer in the lot and just let him know I'll be back later

Eagle Lakes stays open. I believe when there is 18” on the FS road the gate is closed to wheeled OHV. Yes it’s a FS gate.

The Chevron Dudes kick ass and have been more than accommodating to parking in their lot.
Plus choco tacos on way home. :grinpimp:

The gate is FS, but the road was pretty much closed most of the summer. Eric (above post) is more knowledgeable about the actual rules. But should be working on his rig instead of web wheelin :flipoff2:

how do the snowmobiles get in? just go around it? or wait for the snow to be higher then the gate? :laughing:
The lot on the right as you drive in use to become a snow park/trailer lot. Before they moved conex boxes you could go straight from parking lot to dirt road.

considering i have no experience with snowmobiles and sled staging areas yes it was a serious question :flipoff2:

Well shit, here we both thought you knew everything :flipoff2:

Iver never riden one, but I've been to a few. It's still kinda the honor system. There is a road wide enough to drive a truck around, but they close the gate to make it obvious it's not open to regular vehicles.

Cut some trail to the staging area at Eagle Lakes. Then on to the Y. No one wanted to run the trail though. 😥

Attachments

• 20211215_112607.jpg
    20211215_112607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20211215_112942.jpg
    20211215_112942.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Top Back Refresh