What's new

Ford truck trans issues

Trashman

Trainwreck
Member Number
Anyone else having issues with newer Ford F250 transmissions?

Three out of 5 of our trucks are down with trans issueas this month.

I believe all the trucks are under 80kmi (likely 30-50k miles)

Seems they are stacked pretty deep with them at the local dealer as well.

6 speeds or 10 speeds? Who’s making the claim the transmission is acting fucky? Operators who don’t want to go to work? A mechanic that wants to R&R thrm?

Where I work has over 1000 ferds, transmission issues are a rarity around here.
It seems like even in hard usage nothing from any brand loses trans before 150-200k these days except on the rare occasion when the bean counters cook up some unholy combo of marginal trans, big powa and a heavy vehicle.

It seems like even in hard usage nothing from any brand loses trans before 150-200k these days except on the rare occasion when the bean counters cook up some unholy combo of marginal trans, big powa and a heavy vehicle.
6 speeds or 10 speeds? Who’s making the claim the transmission is acting fucky? Operators who don’t want to go to work? A mechanic that wants to R&R thrm?

(*edit) 6 speeds. My work trucks a 2000 F550, so not 100% sure.

I believe the trucks are 2018s.

They shift funky. When brought to the local Ford dealer, they said that they had to install new shift modules which wont fix it, but it is the warranty process. Then they will put in new transmissions.

Maybe our order was just a bad batch.

Last edited:

Weird. We have maybe 5. Three of which are at the Ford shop now.

2018s. The only one at our site running right now.
20230103_073111.jpg

10s I believe. My work trucks a 2000 F550, so not 100% sure.

I believe the trucks are 2018s.

They shift funky. When brought to the local Ford dealer, they said that they had to install new shift modules which wont fix it, but it is the warranty process. Then they will put in new transmissions.

Maybe our order was just a bad batch.
Should still be the 6R’s. All our gasser single wheel trucks are still 6.2 6 speed even the 2022’s. The 10 speeds only really come behind the new 7.3 gasser and the 6.7 psd’s.

Top Back Refresh