What's new

CA FORD NP205 Speedometer Driven Gear

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
So I am mounting up a Ford NP205 into my prerunner build. I got a digital dash and it was an adapter to screw it onto a 7/8" thread speedometer gear setup that's on the rear of the NP205, the problem is my NP205 has a water bottle cap as a plug since I bought it. So I am looking for someone who doesn't need their's or has an extra they would sell to me. Something like these photos. Thanks.

Attachments

• Speedo 2.jpg
    Speedo 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 667
  • Speedo 1.jpg
    Speedo 1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 66
If a water bottle cap has worked this long I wouldnt mess with it, get the dash that just uses GPS, or in your case possibly an adapter

There is no shaft or gear on my transfer case I got used. The color doesn't matter as the speedometer you program based off 1 mile of driving and it calibrates it to that.

So maybe you know or maybe you dont but the gear in your pictures is the oddball of the two being that that one threads into the speedo housing without the bearing surface for the shaft to ride on, those are the harder ones to locate of the two.

Last edited:
Ive got a rusted rotten ford gear and holder. It maybe fucked it maybe salvageable. Idk not my prob cause fuck ford shit.

Yours if you want it. If it works for you paypal me a bj

OK so I actually did what many suggested and bought a GPS sending unit for this so it will always be accurate on and offroad with different tire size or gears

OK so I actually did what many suggested and bought a GPS sending unit for this so it will always be accurate on and offroad with different tire size or gears
I know this thread is several months old. But which GPS sending unit did you end up going with?

I know this thread is several months old. But which GPS sending unit did you end up going with?

The two I have are just speedo gauges with a magnetic gps lead. I got them from speedhut.

I have intellitronix gauges for this truck and they have a GPS Speedo receiver for their gauges that I used.
Sweet, thanks for the reply. I’ve got a Dakota digital cluster sitting in its box in the garage. I need to check if I have a gps unit for the cluster. If not, that’s what I’ll need to buy.

It’s been a couple of years since I bought the cluster and ancillary parts for it. I’m finally in the process of getting the tcase back together and ready for installation. At this point it made me think of a gps unit. I’ll need to look through all my crap..

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I’ve got a Dakota digital cluster sitting in its box in the garage. I need to check if I have a gps unit for the cluster. If not, that’s what I’ll need to buy.

It’s been a couple of years since I bought the cluster and ancillary parts for it. I’m finally in the process of getting the tcase back together and ready for installation. At this point it made me think of a gps unit. I’ll need to look through all my crap..
there's a separate BIM for that.

Let me know if you can't get one. I have several in stock.

Top Back Refresh