What's new

Ford NP205 1330 yoke

WiscoF100

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lake Superior shoreline
Seems that 32 spline 1330 yokes are hens teeth. OE or aftermarket. Why?

I have one from an unknown year (1980+) it’s a rear ubolt yoke.

What am I trying to accomplish? The front shaft in my big ghey truck land truck binds up at the output. (1310 ubolt) The ubolts bottom out hard. It will require a lot of grinding. The ears only need minor love.

The pinion is 1330 ubolt on a ‘78 F-250 D44. It has plenty of clearance.

My thoughts are why clearance a 1310 joint? I’d rather cobble together a 1330 with minor massage work than convert to 1350. The long term plan is 1330 CV once I build the long output C6. Follow along in my Ford build thread.

The same donor also gifted me a 1330 slip yoke ( 1-3/8” 16 spline) that matches the OE 1/2 ton splines.
IMG_3654.jpeg

I have 1310 and 1330 cv cores available
IMG_9357.jpeg
IMG_9358.jpeg

1330 cv 1310 ubolt 1330 ubolt
IMG_9355.jpeg

Bound up 🔝
IMG_9347.jpeg
IMG_9348.jpeg

What makes them a bastard? Just appears in causal searching they weren’t even a thing in OE applications yet I happened to have one in the bone pile.

I’m not spending money on a 1350 that I’m not sure works any better than this idea in terms of working angle. If I had a 1350 yoke for reference I’d consider it but this driveline is temporary for the cost of 1 u joint.

It’s single jointed because of the short output C6. Nothing wrong with that in a stock config but why is it bgt? 5” lift. Satire, totalnewb. Fat chicks can probably still climb inside.

This truck is for fun. I’ve got a truck for towing and an ultra4 for hardcore wheelin.

They are a mixed cap joint and theres 2 versions. Fuck them.

You called it bgt in your post and didnt say anything about what it was, since you called it bgt i assume its bgt.

Ahh the 1310 cap 1350 cross. Is that why? Is this the 2nd Ford version or some other specific joint I may have read about?

Here’s the truck. Stuck somewhere between completely impractical and well something.
IMG_7122.jpeg

That a normal fullsize. Its what build.

Theyre both ford apps but where and why is beyond me. I quit caring and only carried spare for other people.

Ive got about 5 1330 yoles in my bucket and ill never use them but i cant bring myself to chuck them.

Front 205 yokes... IIRC, '78 is 1310 and '79 is 1330.

I have a 79 bronco np205 for reference. Front and back are 1330 CV.

What makes them a bastard?

Mostly because the mullet and bowtie crowd is too stupid use measuring tools so they hate anything that's "close but not compatible".

There's nothing really wrong with them. More angle than 1350 and more strength than 1310. If that's what you need then they're a fine choice.

They are a mixed cap joint and theres 2 versions. Fuck them.

You called it bgt in your post and didnt say anything about what it was, since you called it bgt i assume its bgt.
I wasn’t giving you shit for calling it that. I’m just razzin myself since I made these headaches with a married tcase and swb truck. I just shot for the stars with springs because I didn’t want to ask how much lift was needed for 37s :flipoff2: :lmao:

Ive got about 5 1330 yoles in my bucket and I’ll never use them but i cant bring myself to chuck them.
First rule about hoarding. Luckily I hadn’t thrown this completely seized 1330 cv away otherwise I’d be spending more Benjamin’s last minute and most likely going 1350. This truck has been worse than a b.o.a.t. My own fault mostly. :laughing:

There's nothing really wrong with them. More angle than 1350 and more strength than 1310. If that's what you need then they're a fine choice.
That what I was hoping was middle ground for this temporary solution. I was more worried that inherently by design they were doomed to self destruct by what I found in some other forums.

Top Back Refresh