What's new

Ford KP60 85-88 or 88.5-98?

KungFooMASTA

El Stupido
Member Number
Loc
17 miles West of Murdock KS
I cant edit the title. I know KP stopped in 91

How can I tell which one I have when the bom numbers are gone. I am a fool and thought all 87-91 kp axles were the same. My steering ram mount is welded right over where the numbers were and I ground that area enough the numbers probably cant be found. My rear axle is a d70 it might be from the same truck but I really dont know, if it had numbers Im not sure I could trust it.

Now I need an axle kit and see there is a split at 88. Can I measure shafts and figure out what I have what should those measurements be for each one. Outers and both inners.

I tried figuring out on billavista but all I saw on there was part numbers.

I need to know if I need Yukon yaw26016 for early kit or yaw26020 for later. And does anyone know are these the kits with the Yukon super joints?

Ran into the same thing with an 86.5 that I thought was an 88.

Ford (83-87) Shaft Lengths- 15.98"(Short)- 36.86"(Long)- 11.40"(Outers)
Ford (88-98) Shaft Lengths- 16.17"(Short)- 36.97"(Long)- 11.40"(Outers)

slight thread hijack;

will inner axle shafts for 83-87 fit in 88-98, as they're only so slightly shorter? what about vice verses? when does it matters? (for my own information on what can fits/interchange on the trail in a pinch)

slight thread hijack;

will inner axle shafts for 83-87 fit in 88-98, as they're only so slightly shorter? what about vice verses? when does it matters? (for my own information on what can fits/interchange on the trail in a pinch)

Probably won't have a problem swapping shafts. My 80s axle has some play in/out for the inner axles. I'd guess the aftermarket shafts are all the same.

I pulled the shaft and from the inside end of the shaft to the center of where the u joint cap is, is 36.75”. Not sure where they are getting 36.86 or 36.97 from.

I would guess its the early version. Turns out my stub shaft was not even broke. My drive flange was stripped out on the inside splines the stub splines are fine.

Also just between now and when I started this thread the axle kit has gone up $100 and the drive flanges have gone up $20. Fuck Biden.

Top Back Refresh