What's new

Ford and Chevy D44 Hubs interchangeable?

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
OK so here is my question. I have some D44 5x5.5" 80's ford spindles and hubs. NOW if I wanted to go to 6 lug could I just swap the hub and figure out the brake caliper mounts and run the same spindle? I am building my Tacoma LT Kits with D44 hubs and I currently have a set of hubs/spindles that are ford 5x5.5 BUT i want to get some new hubs to swap it over to 6 lug toyota/chevy pattern?

Like these hubs on 80's ford 5x5.5 D44 spindles. Thanks

IIRC there's a bigger bearing found in some Chevy axles

Common swap for drum ford d44s and d30s is 6 bolt Chevy spindles, backing plates and calipers, then using ford 5lug hubs and rotors

Somebody here should be able to verify or corrrect me if needed...

But for the most part, if you spec the right years, you can interchange them

My ford spindles/hubs are from a D44 TTB bronco/f-150 and the spindles are a 6 bolt spindle already. The wheel bearings they used are the same as a 1975 D44 Chevy front end as well so I would guess they are the same but want to make sure before ordering them and selling the kit saying I have 6 lug D44 hubs as well.

My ford spindles/hubs are from a D44 TTB bronco/f-150 and the spindles are a 6 bolt spindle already. The wheel bearings they used are the same as a 1975 D44 Chevy front end as well so I would guess they are the same but want to make sure before ordering them and selling the kit saying I have 6 lug D44 hubs as well.
You should be good to go but you should order and test fit. There are some minor changes in the outer axle shaft length between applications and you might need to toss a washer under the snap ring to get the spindle seal to seal properly or spec a different outer or something.

Ttb outers should be different hubs… I have 1995 ford hubs here and my Chevy spindles are too long. The rotors would work but the hubs are a different part number so… be careful on the ttb stuff

Dodge uses big bearing Chev spindles and 5x5.5 but much rarer (crushed long ago)

Small bearing spindles will work with 1985ish ford rotors to convert

Top Back Refresh