What's new

Forced reset triggers

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
Loc
lake erie
here we are changing definitions of machine guns again and the ATF is gonna start seizing things.

I dont see how a forced reset trigger ban would even begin to hold up under an appeal to the courts. A binary trigger does meet the defintion in the broadest sense of the law, ie more than one round fired with a single trigger pull. A forced reset tigger doesnt fire a second round without pulling the trigger again. This is pure over reach even by dem standards.

I dont see how a forced reset trigger ban would even begin to hold up under an appeal to the courts. A binary trigger does meet the defintion in the broadest sense of the law, ie more than one round fired with a single trigger pull. A forced reset tigger doesnt fire a second round without pulling the trigger again. This is pure over reach even by dem standards.
Atf used a ziptie to pull a frt and it kept firing, in their eyes thats full auto... using a zip tie to pull the trigger. :flipoff:

Well in that case it should only be an issue if there is a ziptie around the trigger. Just like an AR isnt a MG eve. With an autosear and necessary modifications to use it. It is technically the autosear that registered not the gun itself. In this case the ziptie is the issue.
Atf used a ziptie to pull a frt and it kept firing, in their eyes thats full auto... using a zip tie to pull the trigger. :flipoff:

bump stocks are machine guns.
ol donny opened the door to this bullshit.

I believe that was overturned.
It was however the precedent has been set that the ATF can do what they want and the people have to hope someone has the $$$ to take it to court ling enough to get it hopefully overturned. I said it was stupid amd wrong, Bump stock ban, on here right when DT told them to do it. Many of the big gun guys on here told me I was an idiot and a bump stock is not part of a firearm so no infringement. I warned that this would set a precedent going forward. Same people called me crazy. I am only here to post. I told y’all so. Not at you personally Stuck I don’t recall you saying anything to defend the ban. But figured Inwould wuote you regarding that we now have to go to court to try and get our rights back because they were taken without due process.

It was however the precedent has been set that the ATF can do what they want and the people have to hope someone has the $$$ to take it to court ling enough to get it hopefully overturned. I said it was stupid amd wrong, Bump stock ban, on here right when DT told them to do it. Many of the big gun guys on here told me I was an idiot and a bump stock is not part of a firearm so no infringement. I warned that this would set a precedent going forward. Same people called me crazy. I am only here to post. I told y’all so. Not at you personally Stuck I don’t recall you saying anything to defend the ban. But figured Inwould wuote you regarding that we now have to go to court to try and get our rights back because they were taken without due process.
I dont disagree with you. I think the ban was an infringement. I also thought beforehand the ban was going to happen. Im no fan of bumpstocks but I dont think they should be banned. Hell i dont think MGs should be banned, I do however think that any crime comitted with one should have severe penalty enhancements.

Personally, Ive put many thousands of rounds through full auto weapons and ive shot several bumpstocks, other than the cheap giggle factor I think theyre (bumpstocks) fucking retarded. AgainI dont think they should have been banned. It did lead to a precedent for the forced reset trigger issue now happening.

I dont disagree with you. I think the ban was an infringement. I also thought beforehand the ban was going to happen. Im no fan of bumpstocks but I dont think they should be banned. Hell i dont think MGs should be banned, I do however think that any crime comitted with one should have severe penalty enhancements.

Personally, Ive put many thousands of rounds through full auto weapons and ive shot several bumpstocks, other than the cheap giggle factor I think theyre (bumpstocks) fucking retarded. AgainI dont think they should have been banned. It did lead to a precedent for the forced reset trigger issue now happening.
We pretty much agree here:beer:

Anyone who has a memory more than a few years should have known the bump stocks were going to be ruled illegal. Based on the actual precedent of the Akins Accelerator being illegal ( come confiscate them and everything) there is no way ( by their own rules) the bump stock should have ever been approved.

Bump stocks are not a precedent to ban FRT trigger, every other previous ridiculous ruling has led to this. Shoe strings? Akins? Etc.

Last edited:
I used to have a paintball gun that did this. The tippman 98 with the "response trigger" . You could adjust the airpressure for single shot to nearly full auto based on how much air you used.

Just got an email from Rare Breed saying they just added 250 to their store. Had to break out the old credit card.

Top Back Refresh