What's new

For XJ haters

I wonder how much that costs? I’d guess atleast 2 grand. That guy needs to get a less gay recovery vehicle, it’s a tax write off for him.

He's got a full on towing and recovery business. I watched a bunch of his videos about 6 or 7 months ago.

The dude is phenomenal at towing canned hams out of sticky situations.

He has a video of the suspension under one of those rigs. To IBB standards it's janky AF.

He has a Vidya where he tore the front end down and replaced all the radius arm bushings. It looks like it might eat bushings on a regular basis, but it works, and he makes an assload of money with it.

So....:cookie:

I have not watched any of these videos, but my dad is always telling me about them. My dad likes them so much he got himself an XJ. The only problem now is he got such a clean one he is afraid go wheel it. He still drives his Samurai all over.

Seen his stuff. He’s made comments about people being pissed off that he shows up with that POS XJ rather than an F-350 or something, but he always seems to get them out. I’ve had stuff stuck that he wouldn’t. :flipoff2:

Seen his stuff. He’s made comments about people being pissed off that he shows up with that POS XJ rather than an F-350 or something, but he always seems to get them out. I’ve had stuff stuck that he wouldn’t. :flipoff2:

With a kinetic rope his XJ does quite well yanking stuck vehicles that are much larger. If he had to rely just on pulling power, he would need a much larger truck, which would have its own problems. What he has seems to fit his needs quite nicely.

With a kinetic rope his XJ does quite well yanking stuck vehicles that are much larger. If he had to rely just on pulling power, he would need a much larger truck, which would have its own problems. What he has seems to fit his needs quite nicely.

Agreed, I’m very familiar with snatch straps but I haven’t seen him try to pull out a swamp buggy on 54” tractor tires that was stuck to the frame. That one required another buggy on 48’s, an F-350 on Super Swampers (not Thornbirds), and a decent sized John Deere tractor.

We used to do some fairly dumb shit.

Didnt watch link because of the evident gayness.

XJs are to be thrashed on without any regard for anything till it blows up. Then sold for parts/scrapped. "Building" one is a complete joke.

That wasnt stuck, that was broken on the trail. Grab a tow strap, another SxS and pull the f'in thing out. The trailer wasnt needed at all.

I knew who this was about before I clicked on the YT link, the control arm comment. sxs dirt bags etc

Geez I've been subscribed to Matt for ages, how is it you guys over there haven't seen his channel before

My fave was when he got to a decent sized RV camper stuck in some sand.
Old mate owner thought he'd help Matt out by pre securing this shitty skinny yellow tie strap to what looked like the radiator crossmember, ready for Matt when he got there, to hook up and pull the RV out with
Funny shit

I like all his shows

Didnt watch link because of the evident gayness.

XJs are to be thrashed on without any regard for anything till it blows up. Then sold for parts/scrapped. "Building" one is a complete joke.

Exactly why you should love them. They're one of the only things left that people can buy dirt cheap and beef up dirt cheap to whomp on with no regard...

That wasnt stuck, that was broken on the trail. Grab a tow strap, another SxS and pull the f'in thing out. The trailer wasnt needed at all.

A lot of the SBS crowd are vacation warriors; they usually don't have a strap between them. I may be wrong; but an SBS transmission won't hold up for a long hard pull.

Wouldnt need much of a pull he drove it on the trailer. It looked like something in the steering failed.

Agreed, I’m very familiar with snatch straps but I haven’t seen him try to pull out a swamp buggy on 54” tractor tires that was stuck to the frame. That one required another buggy on 48’s, an F-350 on Super Swampers (not Thornbirds), and a decent sized John Deere tractor.

We used to do some fairly dumb shit.

And you know why you haven't seen him pull stuff like that out? Because he lives in the desert, dumbass. They have zero mud, let alone mud that would swallow a 54" tire. He has a couple snow cats that they use to get things out of snow in the winter. He uses the tools he needs to for what he has to get unstuck.

Exactly why you should love them. They're one of the only things left that people can buy dirt cheap and beef up dirt cheap to whomp on with no regard...

Have you seen XJ prices lately? It's been 10 years since I was able to buy a 4x4 4.0 for $500.

They seem to go $3-4k for something that moves under it owns power.

I have met Matt personally; towed my junk home from Sand Hollow (fuel pump shit the bed). It was a AAA call so I have no idea what he charges. He has to feed his family and really doesn't have much competition in the area. I myself will help you get off a trail or give you a short tug pro bono. A good network of friends and never wheeling alone will save your bacon every time.

Note to self: Get your HAM licence!

The blond that was standing to the side and filming that looks a lot like Rachel Benoit(?),WEROCK marshall and judge from a few years ago.

Have you seen XJ prices lately? It's been 10 years since I was able to buy a 4x4 4.0 for $500.

They seem to go $3-4k for something that moves under it owns power.

Fawk that! They were not worth that much brand new IMO. I had 1 Cherokee and learned my lesson about wheeling a unibody pile of shit. Never again... :laughing:

Top Back Refresh