What's new

FNLC

Hung out in a buddies pool and ate some pizza. Now relaxing next to the campfire having a few more beers.

At work doing some reading on re-decking my car trailer found most of what I was after from GJ and that other place. I thought about starting a thread but almost time to clock out for the night.

In, 18th day in a row working 10-12 hour days. Wont complain but it will wear you down, money is good clearing 7-10k a week at the moment. Should finally be able to catch up with some stuff around the house. Drinking on beer 10ish finished up around 6 tonight, earliest been done in a the last 3 weeks.

Welp I guess I'm going to have to find 1/1764% injun in my ancestry and milk it like I'm a dairy farmer.

Lol. 100 dollars an hour adds up when your working 7 days a week. I have 3 guys on my team but just trying to find people that are competent/ can pass a drug test is insane. I start my guys at 25 and go up from there based on experience/capability. Its insane just trying to find someone who can pass a drug test and is reliable to walk into a house/office and be relatively trust worthy a do the right thing.

That's before taxes, after tax its a bit painful.

Lol. 100 dollars an hour adds up when your working 7 days a week. I have 3 guys on my team but just trying to find people that are competent/ can pass a drug test is insane. I start my guys at 25 and go up from there based on experience/capability. Its insane just trying to find someone who can pass a drug test and is reliable to walk into a house/office and be relatively trust worthy a do the right thing.

wtf are you doing?!

Pocahontas said:

The company I work for doesnt drug test. Theres only a few of us that could pass one. They burned through a lot of good workers who got sick of their shit. Now it's people with habits, bar flies, and the no habla crowd.

I have hvac/plumbing/electric licences. We generally do smaller office remodeling focusing on doctors but also will do higher end remodels on house's if asked/compelled usuallyhave 2-3 jobs going at once. I have a hard time saying no to people and generally shoot them straight which they appreciate. I don't mark things up and try and save people money where I think I can value wise, generally its appreciated, but not always followed. I will also bill people less than the bid if our actual on site hours are less, that has got me tons of extra business. It amazes me the little extra here and there will pay massive dividends on the back end, not uncommon to get tipped 10k a few times a year over the invoice price.

The company I work for doesnt drug test. Theres only a few of us that could pass one. They burned through a lot of good workers who got sick of their shit. Now it's people with habits, bar flies, and the no habla crowd.

For the places we work it's more of a insurance/character/peace of mind thing it's not uncommon to be working somewhere where there's a million dollars plus of equipment/ artwork/materials in the buliding that we are moving and or storing and if something goes missing or is broken I'm on the hook. I dont care if someone smokes weed or literally whatever on their time but if I'm paying you I expect you to be coherent and able to do your work without me babysitting you and double checking everything. In my mind if you cant stay sober for 2 weeks or so to take a drug test you are not cut out for our team hard stop but I can be a bit of a dick, I expect competence, efficiency and decent work ethic and am willing to pay for it.

However you can get 50+ an hour here just doing new construction and work however much you want so trying to weed out the good ones even paying them 150% of going rate can be a challenge. We've burned through a lot of guys, usually its guys in late 20s early 30s that just got licenses after getting life back on track from earlierscre ups. Then they figure out how to do things and go out on their own and realize they dont have the volume of business they were expecting and come back only to leave again. My rule with anyone is 3 strikes your out, more than a hour late( barring something major without notice), a day you dont show up, or a big fuck up that costs me money.

I've been told I'm an absolute asshole to work with but people learn a lot. I let people make mistakes to a point but you generally only get one fuck up and if I tell you to do it x way and you do it a different way and it bites me in the ass you're gone.

This week we gutted half a dr office, installed 8,000 sq feet of flooring and rewired the entire office. Nothing like crawling around in an attic in 100 degree Temperatures.

When I was hired at the current employer I had to take a drug test.
Them: You need to go take this test. Do you need a couple weeks before you take it?
Me: No, I’m good. I can go today.
Them: Are you sure? If you need some time it’s ok.
Me: No, I’m good. I’ll go today.

The company has since grown quite a bit and they no longer do that, but it made me laugh at the time.

I’m working tonight. Doing some service work at a Little Caesars. My project manager told me they closed at 10, so be there before they close. They close at 11. So now I’m getting paid to sit in the parking lot while I wait for them to close.

Sun went down......have an agreement with numerous landowners to fix virmin, tonight's goal was to waste a colony of coons, be damnd if they didn't dig in and stay for the duration, fukn blm? No matter got 12 muskrat and 3 beaver.

Top Back Refresh