What's new

fnlc

Work has slowed down for me until fall... for now or until I get drug over to help dig out another line. I wrapped up my product lines build season a few weeks back, just have a couple welders in for my low volume shop and a couple other guys in working on odd projects. I've been working 12-14 hour days since November time frame and trying to get back down to 8-10 hour days.

I volunteered to do 3rd shift temperature screenings this week, so been working more of a split shift and my sleep pattern is off. Been going to sleep around 1am and for the last 8 months been getting up around 3:30am.

Husband and I are watching a show called "Shackleton's Captain", which I was super excited to find as I've been borderline obsessed with this for awhile now. If you've never read about the 1914 Shackleton arctic exploration and how these men survived, I would highly recommend doing some reading. I think about these men whenever I'm cold or uncomfortable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperi...tic_Expedition

Work has slowed down for me until fall... for now or until I get drug over to help dig out another line. I wrapped up my product lines build season a few weeks back, just have a couple welders in for my low volume shop and a couple other guys in working on odd projects. I've been working 12-14 hour days since November time frame and trying to get back down to 8-10 hour days.

I volunteered to do 3rd shift temperature screenings this week, so been working more of a split shift and my sleep pattern is off. Been going to sleep around 1am and for the last 8 months been getting up around 3:30am.

Husband and I are watching a show called "Shackleton's Captain", which I was super excited to find as I've been borderline obsessed with this for awhile now. If you've never read about the 1914 Shackleton arctic exploration and how these men survived, I would highly recommend doing some reading. I think about these men whenever I'm cold or uncomfortable.

'Shackleton's Frozen Hell' is a great documentary watch about it. Crazy story.

Here is the video: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx2cci

Looking forward to absolutely nothing this weekend but driving my new toy. She got some new badging today.

Ah man, no, wannabe fake badging is about as lame as they come. Good thing you have tinted windows to hide from the shame. :flipoff2:

Spent the whole damned day pulling the new tool box out to notch the side of it to clear the 3 drawer tool box I pirated out of a roller seat from harbor freight. Wrapped most of that up by dark, will spend more time tomorrow on it once more parts come in.

photo9899.jpg

Either I didn't know you had a career change or I'm having a brain fart - what do you do?

Awesome on the refinance!! That is a HUGE savings!!

5.5. Years ago a buddy hooked me up with a job as a mfgs rep for a company that makes pvc plumbing products. We moved to Phoenix and now I cover all of AZ and So NV. Lucky break, all my homies in Entertainment Production have been out of work with no end in sight.

Good to hear you guys are doing well.

Yeah greatest survival story in modern history. And greatest story of open water navigation ever.

Glad to see you made it over:bounce:

5.5. Years ago a buddy hooked me up with a job as a mfgs rep for a company that makes pvc plumbing products. We moved to Phoenix and now I cover all of AZ and So NV. Lucky break, all my homies in Entertainment Production have been out of work with no end in sight.

Good to hear you guys are doing well.

I knew you had moved, just couldn't remember what industry you moved to. What a relief that you took that jump!

Thanks! Life is good here. Definitely glad to be in Small Town, Midwest these days.

Top Back Refresh