jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
At camp
15 lb ham in oven
Watching snow come down
Waiting for the rest ofthe crew to show up.
My stand is a 1/2 past field.
16379625750138726098433313495263.jpg

Gonna take the kids bowling tonight. My parents and brothers family will be there. Should be a blast. My mom is trying to get me to go the bar afterwards to see the local metal cover band rock.

went up to my place first time in a few days since the ground froze
cameras are still going
didn't see anything noteworthy, they highlighted some blowing snow, and the IR nightvision can apparently see the neighbor's boiler's stack lol
dropped off 50 gallons of oil into the storage/settling tank and came back down to the cities

really fucked up not putting up a heat-able pole shed or something last summer. Oh well, next year.

Wife is out with her sister and our niece.

I was messing around with our Crapsman snow blower (single stage). Had carburetor all apart and cleaned everything, used compressed air etc. - still has a surge when choke is fully open (runs fine in middle position).
Think I will order a replacement carb and go from there ($20 or so). Didn’t notice any sediment in the fuel bowl, that also got thoroughly cleaned as well.

As it is I use this POS sparingly, since our driveway is two cars wide I just shovel every winter, most of the time I can do it faster manually vs my neighbors getting their monster snow blowers out of the garage, checking fluids etc.

Soon heading over to friends house, his car wouldn’t start this morning - Dodge Avenger (being a Chrysler product wish me luck haha).

Started a loaf of bread in the machine about 20 minutes or so ago. Talked to my tire guy about new shoes for the Explorer
Got the new toilet in last night need a longer feed since it is a handy cap or as I like to call it an adult height not a kiddies!

In...

Did chores, went to gun store, had a French toast bagel.
The rifles were limited in supply & ammo prices were very high. Left empty handed :frown:

...his car wouldn’t start this morning - Dodge Avenger (being a Chrysler product wish me luck haha).
Make a thread :laughing:

Put the kids to work stacking fire wood and cleaning up bark piles.

And of coarse the problem nephew is just.......a fucking constant problem.

But shit got done.

Totalgirlfriend, her brother and mom are in town shopping all day and bringing pizzas home.

Watching venture borthers and enjoying the quiet for a bit

In, whooped
Went and helped a friend put the plow on his new to him truck (came without a plow and he had an 8' Fisher installed) after getting it on, no power to the controller, turns out they never tied the controller into power WTF
I ran a wire under the dash to the pass side kick panel (brilliant place for a fuse box Ford) and tried to tie into a fuse with a fuse tap, no dice, Ford uses some micro-mini fuses :eek:
Hopefully Auto Zone has one tomorrow. All this went on outside in a fricken blizzard :shaking:

In...

Did chores, went to gun store, had a French toast bagel.
The rifles were limited in supply & ammo prices were very high. Left empty handed :frown:

Make a thread :laughing:

Correction on vehicle name: Dodge Journey.
In any case turned out to be a battery problem, been in it for 5 years plus, had him buy a new one (heading into winter and all).
Alternator checks out.
Cleaned out connections as I had it apart.

Of course being a Chrysler (read shoddy engineering), one has to take a driver side wheel off, remove half of the front facing fender liner, and have fun pulling battery outta there (fiddling with battery cables, battery hold down etc.).

All is well that ends well, my friend has to work in the morning, glad I could get the vehicle over to my house (jump start) and get him sorted out.

He is a nice guy, just not very mechanically inclined/has no tools.

So were get home from bowling and let my dog out to go potty. Little bastard cornered a big raccoon and was fighting it. Had to let them duke it out until the dog got far enough away to pull him out. What a idiot. He escaped with a few scratches on the face.

Bulldogs have to be the stupidest dogs on the planet.

In... Took my uncle down to "Peek-a-boo" slot canyon in southern Utah. Driving back home and come across a young Japanese family in a Ford Mustang rental; high centered in soft sand on the side of the road. WTF? Not a single recovery point to be found on that bitch! We had to run a couple of tree straps through the front wheels and winch that bitch to firm ground! They didn't speak any English; but none the less I gave them my business card. I really hope to hear from them !
A big thanks goes out to the other fellow wheelers that stopped to offer assistance to get these peeps back on the road! :beer::smokin::beer::smokin::beer:

In.

I ran the usual Friday errands, but decided to stop by Sportsman’s Warehouse to see what they had in stock (if anything). They actually had ammo on the shelves, just not what I was looking for.

We did a little decorating for the holiday, then I grilled some steaks for dinner :smokin:

Top Back Refresh