What's new

FMS FCX24 Max Smasher

Member Number
Loc
OC, CA
Never thought I'd end up here because I had a hard time spending money on RC when I could work on my real trucks.. then this thing released at a "reasonable" price (when you consider I wanted the Traxxas TRX4 for $500+): FMS 1:24 FCX24 Smasher Monster Truck RTR 4WD

I was planning on converting it to brushless eventually but FMS sells a more powerful brushed motor for just $13 bucks.. ordered that, motor heat sink, extra battery, metal steering linkage, metal diff gears, and metal transmission gears for a grand total of $89 shipped. All in all I'm $240 in (until of course I break shit).

Going brushless was going to be like another $150 so maybe down the road. Requires a new ESC.

Haven't received it yet (supposed to come in 10-15 days) but since this is a relatively new RC I figured I'd share.

I don't personally have one but I've read nothing but good things about those trucks. Let us know how you make out with it once you get it and get a chance to use it. I've been looking at the Losi LMT but im having a hard time justifying dropping that kind of coin on a "toy". If that FX24 is decent I'll probably pick one up to scratch my itch for an RC monster truck.

It arrived today. Pretty cool, looks good/works great. Can’t wait for the upgraded brushed motor shows up. Could be faster and that upgrade should resolve that.

Seeing USA-1 as a Ford is strange...

Top Back Refresh