What's new

Flat tires, what would IBB do?

I worked one acquired free from the scrap yard also lol the frame had split in half due to too much weight … reinforced it and welded it all together …. That part held up great it was everything Else that fell apart .
What’s your general area of the world? The farmers where I live don’t get rid of ANYTHING. There is nothing of any use in scrap yards within 6 hours of me.

Rural mid Missouri . That is definitely an accurate statement for the majority of farmers I know including my family farm . However there’s also some immaculate farms that are the complete opposite meticulously organized and no waste or broken crap laying around . I grew up around my step dads farm that still had all of that crap HIS Dad left behind and it wasn’t until recent when my brother got a skid loader and scrap got high that we finally convinced them to let us clean it up .

Just went through one for a guy. These things are a royal pain in the ass. Parts availability (or lack of) almost everything has to come from deere. Fuckin rebuilt starter for this pile was $140! Definitely worth it if you could get one for free, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay for one after dealing with this one.
20210803_200519.jpg
20210726_194809.jpg

I guess ours isn't the 6x6, just a normal 4x4.

But a rebuilt starter for our Ranger is $125-tax.

OP did the tubes work?

Just went through one for a guy. These things are a royal pain in the ass. Parts availability (or lack of) almost everything has to come from deere. Fuckin rebuilt starter for this pile was $140! Definitely worth it if you could get one for free, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay for one after dealing with this one.
20210803_200519.jpg
20210726_194809.jpg
Gas burner? I’d throw a few bucks at one for a freebie. Definitely would not buy one on purpose, a gator 🐊 in general I mean.

This one is also a 6x4. It does have a diff lock so all 4 rear tires will drive. But it’s still a helpless turd. The slightest off angle articulates wheels off the ground. Or in snow, it just won’t move.

I’ve got enough open area to run that not having any suspension is a problem. I mean I enjoy bouncing my wife’s boobs off the charts but she’s not a fan. Anything with a bed and some suspension would do us better.
Pics of wifes boobs bouncing off the charts?

Not sure what to tell you about the price of new tires but there is no way I would foam fill those tires.
That will be a brutally rough ride and is hard as fuck on drive train components.

Not sure what to tell you about the price of new tires but there is no way I would foam fill those tires.
That will be a brutally rough ride and is hard as fuck on drive train components.
The inner tubes are working good for now. It doesn’t have any suspension in the rear so I can’t imagine making the ride worse. I’d probably still try foam fill before buying new tires as long as it doesn’t ruin the rims to do it. Might not be fun cutting tires/foam off the wheel but this is farm equipment that spending money on doesn’t pencil out.

Rural mid Missouri . That is definitely an accurate statement for the majority of farmers I know including my family farm . However there’s also some immaculate farms that are the complete opposite meticulously organized and no waste or broken crap laying around . I grew up around my step dads farm that still had all of that crap HIS Dad left behind and it wasn’t until recent when my brother got a skid loader and scrap got high that we finally convinced them to let us clean it up .
Hey, I live in rural mid-missouri too. Well most of missouri is rural.

Tubes are working great so far. Thing still rides like shit but it’s been nice not to have to air up tires just to go check the property out.
924E9597-67B5-4181-AC3B-9D8EC507FE52.jpeg

As if you don’t have some tire balls laying around!

Amish......twisted logic that you can use a gator.....just make sure it doesnt have pneumatic tires.

Top Back Refresh