Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
Edited to reflect the work I've done and new price

83 fj60 land cruiser, showing 194k miles, clean az title.

350 GM Goodwrench
Edelbrock intake and carb

manual tranny

Overdrive

was a properly done conversion, that basically did Mexico trips until the throw out bearing wore out and was parked for a few years.

Has Brand new fuel tank, rubber lines and mechanical fuel pump.

Has brand new clutch, flywheel and fruit bearing retainer from advanced adaptors, yes the overdrive is still supported by them.

Brand new battery.

I have brand new tail lights and front mark light in the packages.

The rig starts with the key, idles, and has been driven around the neighbourhood.

The power steering box has a substantial leak, and both of the clutch and brake matter cylinders feel like they are bypassing and need to be pumped up at times.

The tires hold air and are round, but I would not put them up to highway speed.

This rig sat for several years and will need many rubber components replaced, I consider it to be a project vehicle that can be test driven, maybe even drive a local buyer home, but anybody else should plan on trailering it.

It the slightest bit of rust in the top of the rear wheel wells, as they almost all do, this is the one patch panel available for the 60 series.

IMO it would look bitchin with a coat of wax and some new rubber, or go all out

can deliver

$7500

has an electric winch on the front, not included, but negotiable

can text pics, pm me your phone number

Last edited:
[No message]

photo39892.jpg

photo39894.jpg

What transmission? and did they retain the H42 transfercase or swap to a different case and swap a centered rear axle? I've got an 81' I'm thinking about converting to propane. Bitching ride indeed.

What transmission? and did they retain the H42 transfercase or swap to a different case and swap a centered rear axle? I've got an 81' I'm thinking about converting to propane. Bitching ride indeed.

Is that one of the Fairy half case replacement over drives? Or the other version they did?

I actually just opened irate to ask about clutch kits...

but maybe you guys know

it's not the fairey, verified this morning it's the "ranger" that bolts between the bell housing and the tranny, also from what I see of interior pics, the fairy puts the shifter behind the other shifters, this one is left of the tranny.

anyways, I can see the throw out is smoked, I believe I need a regular clutch kit for the cruiser, but if anyone has any experience with older conversions, I'm all ears

edit: appears factory tranny and t case, stock offset diff

This is exactly what I'd like to replace the FJ60 I just sold but I think the wife might kill me - may take a run at it anyway if I can get my 100 series sold haha!

This is exactly what I'd like to replace the FJ60 I just sold but I think the wife might kill me - may take a run at it anyway if I can get my 100 series sold haha!

Well, let me know, it's a cool rig

I'll need to bump the price, it didn't sell in 48 hours so I pulled the tranny and have $300 worth of clutch parts on the way:laughing:

it'll be a driver soon

and taillights, I ordered taillights :homer:

BTW all the clutch pieces are all 70s Chevy truck

cool way to do the swap, they order the overdrive box Chevy on the front, Toyota on the back, and the box is 7 inches long, so the shorter V8 gets installed without modifying drive shafts, well played old timers

How would it do on a long drive as is? Any rust underneath?

How would it do on a long drive as is? Any rust underneath?

I've been crawling under it for a few days, the frame only has surface rust, no scale, apparently these rear wheel wells were known for trapping mud and rusting.

it sat for probably 5 years, it'll need tires, they hold air but I never put old tires on the highway

the steering box seemed to leak from the input shaft seal when it was running and cranked to one side, maybe that'll soften up, maybe it'll need a seal

The brakes needed a couple pumps to make pressure when I first got in it

the cooling system seems ok so far

I think it'd be asking a lot from a truck that's been sitting, but if you're serious, I'll give my opinion next week after I get it moving

at the bare minimum, I'd get some tires drop shipped and I'll mount them

I’m semi serious so don’t hold it for me or anything. If one of the cars I am selling soon sells and I don’t buy a kubota....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh