What's new

fixing matte plastic

stjames151

RIP 2/1/2023
Member Number
Loc
Right behind you
Wife's side gig rents baby gear to those affluent enough to afford concierge services... usually hyperactive social media Karen's that expext new gear, but dont care what they fuck up since they don't own it. Anyone got an idea how to fix this and keep the ignorant....well, ignorant?

photo33276.jpg

Maybe start with like a 600 grit paper or 400 to smooth the bigger stuff and work to finer grit papers? I know the plastic is gonna clog the paper but it might be worth a try.

those deep scratches are going to be hard.

Matt finish is also going to be hard to get to match.

I think I would sand it and the matching other side then hit it with a heat gun.

I fixed a lot of Ford door panels by hitting them with a heat gun, it makes a smooth shiny finish, that is why I said do both sides so they then match.

those deep scratches are going to be hard.

Matt finish is also going to be hard to get to match.

I think I would sand it and the matching other side then hit it with a heat gun.

I fixed a lot of Ford door panels by hitting them with a heat gun, it makes a smooth shiny finish, that is why I said do both sides so they then match.

Yep do it all so it's uniform, or it will stick out.

Oh my fuck. What am I looking at?

I see a yoyo hat:confused:

It's a joint cover on a collapsible, doublewide, jogging stroller that our last renter apparently tossed off the back deck. Swear to god, these bitches complain if there is any scuffing, scratches, and even noticeable tire wear...but they beat the fuck out of her gear and her service deal limits deposits and therefore , damage penalties enforcement.

Heat gun and a sanding sponge. Maybe hit the bigger gouges with a file to knock them down. It worked really well on my wife's JKU stock plastic bumpers and flares after taking it to Moab without her knowledge.

:lmao: Renting that stuff is a sign of wealth???

smooth it out and maybe try one of the vinyl wraps that heat forms? That way it’s easily replaceable?

smooth it out and maybe try one of the vinyl wraps that heat forms? That way it’s easily replaceable?

Or get the gouges sanded out, mask, and hit it with plastidip.

Or get the gouges sanded out, mask, and hit it with plastidip.

While it would look really good it would scratch very easily and look even worse than it does now.

That is why I recommended the heat trick, any coating on that area will just get scratched to shit as soon as the next Karen chucks it out the back of the SUV

No you dipshit. It's a sign that they have enough money to pay rent for something they already own just so they don't have to deal with taking it with them. Once they rent our stuff, they rarely thank care of it.

No you dipshit. It's a sign that they have enough money to pay rent for something they already own just so they don't have to deal with taking it with them. Once they rent our stuff, they rarely thank care of it.

Taking it with them where? Taking your stuff places is what you're complaining that's fucking it up.

Having a hard time understanding your market. Please explain as I am interested in a typical rental. Is it for vacation situations or something?

Taking it with them where? Taking your stuff places is what you're complaining that's fucking it up.

Having a hard time understanding your market. Please explain as I am interested in a typical rental. Is it for vacation situations or something?

There is the same shit here.

You can rent strollers and cribs and shit.

Someone tried to get me involved in it, after taking me to lunch and explaining it to me I kindy said fuck that.

Sounded like a fucking nightmare to me.

I'd be getting a deposit before renting the shit out and then take the damages out of the deposit.

If they want new, they can buy the shit. Otherwise they get what they get.

Doesn't seem to bad to me. Clean up the gouges with a razor blade, fill them with JB weld, sand smooth and done. If you want to other wheels to match then sand them all. Otherwise 5 bucks says you could color it with a sharpie and no one would see it.

or if your feeling super gun-ho, draw it up, 3D print a replacement and charge it to the next serval users.

I don’t get it then. Like vacation? I’ll tell you when we look at VRBO or rentals, ones that have a pack N play or stroller with them are much more likely for us to rent because driving with all that crap sucks. Our bob double
jogger takes up so much room it’s stupid.

I don’t get it then. Like vacation? I’ll tell you when we look at VRBO or rentals, ones that have a pack N play or stroller with them are much more likely for us to rent because driving with all that crap sucks. Our bob double
jogger takes up so much room it’s stupid.

Think vrbo customization for folks with little kids/toddlers/infants. I think its dumb, but she makes a couple bucks and needs something to do besides homeschool or our boy or he will be teaching differentials (both 14b and calculus) by the time he's in JH.

Edit: I'm not bragging on either of them, but if you put these two together, I'm pretty amazed by the output.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh