What's new

Fireworks...

VG SERE

Yellow Skull
Member Number
School me. I'm gonna go ham this year. Rez is on the way to our place. I want some giant "holyyyyyy shitttt", and "ooohs" and some "aahhhs" and maybe a "damnnn" or two.

Mortars of course. Rockets?

What the hell is the secret code? Is there a number or some way to ID the legit stuff from the 'mehs'? I want everyone in the county to get a freedom boner from the show.

The HOA I work in usually puts on a decent 4th of July show. The county denied their permit this year due to the beer virus (no large gatherings), so no local fireworks for me. I am on eleven acres of dry grass, we don’t do fireworks here

If you are near a Indian reservation you can get stuff that will take a finger or two off :homer:

Fall under the don't ask where you got'em don't tell on me for setting them off.

Just stack mortars with multiple tubes. Poppin’ off 12-15 at once brings the wowzers!

Just don’t go four deep per tube, shit can get a little wonky at times after three...:homer:

Go to your locally owned fireworks seller and ask the people working there. That’s what I do. My local place tests all the new stuff they get every year.
You can also go to the website of the brands they carry and see videos of all of the fireworks.

I hope not! Lots of dry weed around my old "Broke Butt Mountain". Lots of Fireworks vendors in town;, but that shit doesn't float in my neighborhood.

Used to have to go to Ohio for real fireworks. Now they are rushing the build of a new store right down the road from here. I gonna have some fun this year.:smokin:

phantom has videos of everything they sell on the website so you can judge for yourself.

Mortars are nice but kind of a PITA to deal with. 500 gram repeaters are great for the lazy man. Some areas might allow repeaters larger than 500 gram. So-called "finale racks" are also good; basically a bunch of mortars wired together. Light once, step back.

Knowing your location may help. I head up to PA and go to Keystone. They have videos playing of basically everything they sell so you can preview them right before tossing them in your cart.

Stacking mortars in the tube is fun until the tube falls over.:eek:

Put the last morter in upside down, but dont tell anyone.

The real key is to be able to keep it going. Light one, run then do over isnt that interesting. Either get enough tubes/launch points to keep it going, rig up remote ignitors, etc. Thanks to the vapers you can get nichrome wire anywhere and cheap and random RF remotes on amazon/fleabay

School me. I'm gonna go ham this year. Rez is on the way to our place. I want some giant "holyyyyyy shitttt", and "ooohs" and some "aahhhs" and maybe a "damnnn" or two.

Mortars of course. Rockets?

What the hell is the secret code? Is there a number or some way to ID the legit stuff from the 'mehs'? I want everyone in the county to get a freedom boner from the show.

Big mortar sets are all the rage. They go the highest, can be big booms, and variety. You need to mix them in with big cakes. Stay away from rockets, fountains, & anything that has wings and is supposed to take off like a chopper. Walk in and tell the guy you have X dollars and only want big booms, mixed with high shows, and big/loud/colorful cakes.

Before the drinking and during sunlight take the mortar tubes and screw them into a board. You will melt a few tubes so screw at least 4 tubes down. This is for safety, ease of use, and a better faster show. I use 3/4" plywood like a 2' by 3' sheet.

I will line the show up... medium cakes, to bigger cakes, then mix 2-3 mortars then a cake, before its dark. Then you can just relax, light and watch.

If you spend more than $2500 you will get tired of lighting them and people will get tired of watching them.

Will be at a undisclosed location in N ID. Obviously a area that's not gonna catch on fire.

Last year I had my 16' flatbed handy. Tossed on 3 pallets, then screwed the mortars to the pallets. 3-4 dads filled the tubes and lit as many as we could before we pussed out. Had enough where we could keep it going pretty well. Was nice as we didn't have to bend down, and the tubes weren't going anywhere. Probably could even account for wind by shimming the pallets if needed.

Whole valley was going up and every now and then a neighbor(s) would send up some legit jaw dropper that made me jealous.

Big mortar sets are all the rage. They go the highest, can be big booms, and variety. You need to mix them in with big cakes. Stay away from rockets, fountains, & anything that has wings and is supposed to take off like a chopper. Walk in and tell the guy you have X dollars and only want big booms, mixed with high shows, and big/loud/colorful cakes.

Before the drinking and during sunlight take the mortar tubes and screw them into a board. You will melt a few tubes so screw at least 4 tubes down. This is for safety, ease of use, and a better faster show. I use 3/4" plywood like a 2' by 3' sheet.

I will line the show up... medium cakes, to bigger cakes, then mix 2-3 mortars then a cake, before its dark. Then you can just relax, light and watch.

If you spend more than $2500 you will get tired of lighting them and people will get tired of watching them.

as someone that once blew up a tent with the last shot of a repeater, this is all sage advice.

and feinitely stage it all up and have a plan.
I use a mapp torch to light fuses. it will get so smokey a bbq lighter won't stay lit.

Stacking mortars in the tube is fun until the tube falls over.:eek:

I remember a long time ago seeing my neighbor shoot off huge fireworks behind their house. One of them went off on the ground.... it's crazy how large they are when they are on the ground and not 500 feet in the air :lmao:

my boss wants to use fireworks at work...

im game

im going to AR this week (we cant get bottle rockets in OK but in AR they are legal:stirthepot:)

Wyomia is where we go to get the good stuff. You can 4” mortars there that hurt your chest when they run out of fuse.

I may, as they say, gone full retard...

I have 40' of 2" DR11 polypipe waiting to be cut into 40 mortar tubes. My buddy lasered me 40 plywood endcaps. Ordered 75 Talon igniters for the borrowed COBRA remote firing system I'll be using.

https://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/overview.html

https://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/igniters.html

Main show will be 40 big ass mortars. With the COBRA it's possible to sync a show to music, but I'm going KISS for my first show. I stuck with Talon ignitors, which lights the fuse. It's simpler, but you introduce a delay with the fuse. The other style igniter replaces the fuse and is instant ignition. It requires some easy mods to the firework. Maybe next time...

His system has 2 banks of 18, so I'll have to chain a few fuses. No clue as to choreography(?). Timing, or whatever. Hopefully my friend has some ideas. If not I'll wing it. Will be 40 shots for the mortars. I have extra igniters, so I may do a rack and chain some rockets, or roman, candles in. May do a couple big cake style in there as well.

If you plan ahead you can buy the mortar racks for cheaper than building it yourself. Lots of companies, just search mortar racks. I'm making 4 separate racks so I can angle them and get some separation on the shells.

The pipe is specific for a reason. Other types may fail, fragment, explode, BOOM!, "MAH FINGAS", WHUT!"

https://mortarsupply.com/

You don't need the remote firing system. Just happens that my buddy is a pro-fireworks guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H1RJuWB0ZM&feature=emb_rel_pause

Only down side, is I'm putting about 5 dads and a couple kids out of jobs lighting fireworks and running, lol.

Knowing your location may help. I head up to PA and go to Keystone. They have videos playing of basically everything they sell so you can preview them right before tossing them in your cart.

Semi-hijack - I drive past a big Keystone Fireworks store twice a week for work. Of course this time of year the parking lot is packed, but the other 11 1/2 months the parking lot has 2 or 3 cars (they still fly their big-ass American flag every day, though!). I always wondered if the fireworks business was THAT profitable that sales for a month can keep a nice big store open for the rest of the year?

I do up to 30, 500g for the end, I still re fuse most everything, even cakes. Milk crates for tube holders, simple and easy. I buy most of our fireworks by mail throughout the year, we do the 4th and New Years. My all time favorite was 10K saturn missiles all chained together, it was so loud and ridiculous and those bitches don't always go straight up.

Ive been spending the evening of the 4th on a 200 acre private lake. the big thing is everyone goes out on their pontoons and around 15 houses put on shows. Story is one guy spent 12,500 on them last year and most of the rest spent between 3k and 5k. I bought some bottle rockets off season and chatted with the store owner, he told me at peak he grosses 400k a day for about a week.

Our town cancelled them, but we're fortunate to have someone in town that lights their own. The folks are the owners of a "professional" sports team. Every year they light off $50,000 worth of fireworks. People from all over come to watch.

This gets used every year and must be put in here!!!!!

A7DFC1EB-F792-4936-A478-868F437E2CD2.jpeg

Top Back Refresh