What's new

Fireworks...

1. How much did you spend?

Did my wife send you?! NOTHING!

Between you and me...

$55 for 40' of pipe. Guy was cool and gave me .20 a foot cut on the price when I told him what it was for, lol. My buddy hooked me up on the plugs. Would have cost $80ish for materials and time on the laser. Think the igniters were $60ish. I have some 2x4's and enough plywood scraps laying around. Some glue, and brad nails for the plugs, and some deck screws for the racks. Another buddy is loaning me the control system.

Just $450 on fireworks so far. That's 84 60 gram mortars, 2x 500 gram cakes, and a smaller cake they tossed in for free. I'll have to go back and get a bunch of small stuff for the kids to play with.

60 grams is max size for recreational mortars and 500 grams is max for cakes. They have it down for sure, the fanciest mortars are only available in the big ass bundles. Triple breaks, neon, etc. So a regular 60 gram was around $3.30 a shot, and the bundles averaged about a $1 more a shot, so I could have saved about $84, but I like the idea of a variety of breaks and colors. You only get a dozen or so fancy shells in a bundle, the rest are the basics. This is my first time going this big and trying to coordinate it. We'll see if the fancy ones are worth it. I'm not building another rack, so I'm limited to 40 in the racks. Think there are 6-8 tubes in the bundles. I can ignite 36 directly with the fire control. I'll end up chaining some fuses. Don't know where I'm doing the cakes yet, beginning of show, during, finale, separate?

I might suggest a scouting trip to get prices and products to look up. I intended to hit 3-4 stands on the rez, but it's a haul and I have shit to do. Also planned on googling vids, but there was shit for cell service. Some of the stuff has videos online, so you can actually see what you are getting into.

Last edited:
:usa:

Went to North Dakota last year and got a few small guys. Being in So Cal everything burns so I tried to stay reasonable.

Definitely video your show and post it up.

photo10926.jpg

20200629_155845.jpg
8120.gif

Finished the racks. Already talking v2 for next year. Going to ask my buddy to laser out a couple end plates so I can attach two 10 shot racks with fixed pivot points at the bottom and adjustable pivots at the top. Will toss on some degree hash marks for style.

20200629_155845.jpg

20200704_190118.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Was pretty epic. 3 min total, about 100 shots total, 50 mortars and 4x 500gram cakes. I was a little busy for pics, but I'll have to see if anyone got any good ones. Did have a minor fuckup. I did a test show Fri to make sure I knew what the hell I was doing (awesome 30 sec mini show, that got everyone pretty pumped). Forgot to reset the channel on the remote, so I skipped the whole 1st minute of my show, had to do a quick encore. Live and learn, already planning next year. (one cake was a last minute donation not in in the pic)

Notes:
Do a little research and planning. One of the cakes was a waste, some of the shells I expected to be meh were WOAH, and vice versa.

Help, I had several friends help with setup and cleanup. HUGE help!

Downside: I couldn't get smashed and do stupid shit till after the show. Way past my bedtime, so maybe a upside? I didn't do stupid shit, and felt good Sun? Call it a draw.

My shit was all dialed, and stable. My neighbors launched not one, but TWO cakes into the crowd, cars, RV's. VERY LUCKY no one was hurt and the cars buffed out.

Think I'll cover the control boxes next time, they were covered in soot and ash. Wiped right off more or less. Not mine, so I was paranoid. All the boxes were closed, it's open in the pic, for pics. lol

I do up to 30, 500g for the end, I still re fuse most everything, even cakes. Milk crates for tube holders, simple and easy. I buy most of our fireworks by mail throughout the year, we do the 4th and New Years. My all time favorite was 10K saturn missiles all chained together, it was so loud and ridiculous and those bitches don't always go straight up.

Jesus, I get tired of the saturn missles when I lit off a 100 pack. I think I still have 5 of them in a box because there were annoying after the first 20.

We decided big cakes is where it's at. Light once, enjoy, light again, enjoy... I'm too lazy and cheap to put together a stand. Apparently I'm an old fun hater because I'd usually just as well like to be in bed by the time it's dark after the drinking and usually 12 hours fishing off the boat throughout the day.

Jesus, I get tired of the saturn missles when I lit off a 100 pack. I think I still have 5 of them in a box because there were annoying after the first 20.

We decided big cakes is where it's at. Light once, enjoy, light again, enjoy... I'm too lazy and cheap to put together a stand. Apparently I'm an old fun hater because I'd usually just as well like to be in bed by the time it's dark after the drinking and usually 12 hours fishing off the boat throughout the day.

Meh, we have a great time. I do pass on the 16000 Blackcat rolls though, they make too much of a mess

IMG_4140.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh