What's new

Firefighters don't get enough credit.

They get paid for doing what they applied to do. Not sure that makes a hero.

The praise a firefighter craze that began with 9-11 was/is out of hand. That vast majority (like 99.9%) never rush into a fatal situation and who knows what those guys on 9-11 would have done if they knew the buildings were going to collapse.

I have a few friends that are firefighters both city and CalFire. None are what I would consider a hero but all make a lot more than me.

if we're thanking firefighters, we should equally thank police officers

if i have to explain why, youre either a troll or an idiot

if we're thanking firefighters, we should equally thank police officers

if i have to explain why, youre either a troll or an idiot

They couldn't be more opposite but you have a police state fetish so you won't understand.

They couldn't be more opposite but you have a police state fetish so you won't understand.

i wont feel bad when a drunk driver kills you then

or when someone breaks into your house and takes your shit

or when the riots come to your neighborhood and they burn your house down

or when you get mugged in an alleyway

or when your family member goes missing and is never found

cops dont help people :shrug:

"if i have to explain why, youre either a troll or an IDIOT"

Damn you just listed a whole lot of things police officers don't actively prevent LOL

Aside from maybe the drunk driving and missing person one, cops aren't going to do a damn thing for you about any of that. Won't do anything to prevent it from happening, won't in practicality be of any help to you while it's happening, won't do a damn thing to help you get justice after it's happened (unless the ability to do so falls in their lap and they basically "can't not do something")

Y'all are the same people who think a cop will help with a home invasion or robbery.

If you wait for a cop to save you then you're already too late 😂

Aside from maybe the drunk driving and missing person one, cops aren't going to do a damn thing for you about any of that. Won't do anything to prevent it from happening, won't in practicality be of any help to you while it's happening, won't do a damn thing to help you get justice after it's happened (unless the ability to do so falls in their lap and they basically "can't not do something")

What?

They can stop those happening while there happening

People call in suspicious people all the time and cops come and deter those types of things from happening

Just them patrolling prevents alot of things from happening, criminal sees a cop car drive past gets spooked and heads home

What?

People call in suspicious people all the time and cops come and deter those types of things from happening

Just them patrolling prevents alot of things from happening, criminal sees a cop car drive past gets spooked and heads home

Except they don't and it doesn't.

Police are class traitors who only exist to protect the property of the wealthy. They literally have no legal obligation to protect you, as ruled by the supreme court.

Your best bet is to arm yourself and not wait for the police state to save you.

Except they don't and it doesn't.

Police are class traitors who only exist to protect the property of the wealthy. They literally have no legal obligation to protect you, as ruled by the supreme court.

Except they do and it does

You are a retard and only exist to troll and ruin conversations. You literally have no legal obligation to meaningfully contribute to this forum

Oh and your argument sucks :laughing:

I thought the hung out all day on the street corner holding a boot out asking for money?
On the weekends they sleep all 15 hours a day, then wax the truck.
Sometime during all that, they hold a chili cookoff and pancake breakfast.
FYI, that's a joke.

What?

I think you're mixing up "how the system should work in theory", the way you have seen things happen on TV, and how things go down most of the time in the real world.

I never said cops CAN'T stop those things from happening, I'm saying in the real world they don't.

I think you're mixing up "how the system should work in theory", the way you have seen things happen on TV, and how things go down most of the time in the real world.

I never said cops CAN'T stop those things from happening, I'm saying in the real world they don't.

Well at least where I live the system is working alright

I've been mugged and they caught the guys and I've had cops on my street a couple times cuz my nosey neighbors called in a suspicious person

I could understand if you were to say certain areas don't work,mainly cities, but I don't agree with a blanket argument

And now that I say that I realize I started with a blanket argument of my own :homer: and am willing to concede a bit but not entirely :flipoff2:

Wasn't there a supreme court ruling about this where the police have no obligation to actually protect people? Here found some articles on it, sources contained in said article:
https://mises.org/power-market/polic...irms-yet-again

So I'm not a "defund the police" guy because I know that's a thinly veiled attempt at funding social pet projects, but what the fuck am I actually paying the police salaries and pension for if they have no obligation to actually protect people? At least firefighters will come and cut my ass out of my car, or fight my house fire. Even if they are part of Chuck's nazi police state that he admitted to loveing.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Well at least where I live the system is working alright

I've been mugged and they caught the guys and I've had cops on my street a couple times cuz my nosey neighbors called in a suspicious person

I could understand if you were to say certain areas don't work,mainly cities, but I don't agree with a blanket argument

And now that I say that I realize I started with a blanket argument of my own :homer: and am willing to concede a bit but not entirely :flipoff2:

I'll also admit that nearly all of my experience and observations on the matter are based on me and the people I know living in a kinda shithole large metro area, so yea that very much biases my views too.

And seriously, I'm glad to hear the system has worked for you. Gives me a little more hope it could be fixed where needed to work elsewhere too.

They risk their lives to provide a public service that our tax dollars pay for and that is pretty sweet. It's pretty great to see these brave men and women exist in a job that benefits everyone when needed regardless of tax bracket / contribution.

Let's hear it for the men and women who not only put out fires and rescue cute kitties from trees, but are also often first responders on the scene of accidents, etc.

Die Faggot

No. Anyone who volunteers for a job doesn't deserve to get put on a podium. The ones who go above and beyond the call of duty and willfully neglects their own safety to protect others deserve admiration, but the VAST majority do not.

At least in So Cal, firefighters make damned good money and even better retirement. Their unions allow them to game the retirement system and collect more money after retirement than their regular salary. Fuck em.

Just a heads up that in the US over 2/3rds of firefighters are volunteer and almost 90% of the departments in the US are volunteer. Volunteers still have to do a lot of the same initial training, on going practice and training, fundraising, and B.S. calls as a paid firefighter except they don't get paid and can't staff the hall. Yes, response time is slower by a few minutes and some of them are old fatasses that can't do much but stand around getting their picture taken but in general a lot of areas of the country, especially rural, don't have anywhere near the tax base to support a paid department and would have zero fire protection without them. Also, some vol. departments take it seriously enough and do enough training and practice that their districts ISO rating is inline with some lower ranking paid departments yet the only cost to the tax payers is the hall and buying used trucks every 10 years that are better than what they had. I don't think any of them are looking to get put on a podium, but also not being told "fuck em" either.

Keep in mind there is a lot of B.S. and f-ed up stuff you didn't sign up to do and that nobody in the public cares about. You still have to run to the hall in the middle of the night to get a truck and block traffic around an accident for 2 hours because the police can't be bothered. Or you set and stare at a downed power line on Christmas day/during the superbowl/4am in a blizzard while blocking traffic till the power company gets there, again because the police can't be bothered and your services are free. Or sometimes you get a call on new years day 2020 to help remove a dead body from a house that had been there for 3 weeks with the heat set to 80 because the paramedics were too short staffed to handle the weight or the smell. Occasionally you get a call where your actions actually save a significant amount of property or a kids cat, or even rarer where you make a difference in someone's life who was unconscious and about to die in their sleep and the feel good from that kind of stuff won't buy anything but is awesome.

IMHO you can take your sweeping generalizations and 486 them right up your cram hole.

I'll also admit that nearly all of my experience and observations on the matter are based on me and the people I know living in a kinda shithole large metro area, so yea that very much biases my views too.

And seriously, I'm glad to hear the system has worked for you. Gives me a little more hope it could be fixed where needed to work elsewhere too.

Ah ya I'm smaller suburban area, so same for me all based on my experiences and area

I remember being younger and thinking the police in the town I live now being bigger assholes compared to the town over where I lived at the time,

now that I'm a reasonably responsible and law abiding homeowner in the town with asshole cops, I appreciate them being a bit more strict :laughing:

I got a littering ticket in this town when I was younger :laughing: threw an empty pack of cigs out the window

And thanks :beer: I hope many others have had positive experiences with leos and hope leos will help you when you need it

Wasn't there a supreme court ruling about this where the police have no obligation to actually protect people? Here found some articles on it, sources contained in said article:
https://mises.org/power-market/polic...irms-yet-again

So I'm not a "defund the police" guy because I know that's a thinly veiled attempt at funding social pet projects, but what the fuck am I actually paying the police salaries and pension for if they have no obligation to actually protect people? At least firefighters will come and cut my ass out of my car, or fight my house fire. Even if they are part of Chuck's nazi police state that he admitted to loveing.:flipoff2:

Where did I admit to love a nazi police state?

I thought the hung out all day on the street corner holding a boot out asking for money?
On the weekends they sleep all 15 hours a day, then wax the truck.
Sometime during all that, they hold a chili cookoff and pancake breakfast.
FYI, that's a joke.

I knew a guy that used to rant about all of this unironically. I never could figure out what his problem with firefighters was, I asked him straight out if one fucked his wife or something.

My best freind was trying to pursue a career in fire for many years and worked part time in several rural local departments but never picked up a full time gig anywhere. He did the job long enough to have some brutal stories.

The 3 of us went on a camping trip once. That was not a good time.

I think the post 9/11 pay and respect shift brought the job to about where it should be, any more adoration and idolization would be weird.

I knew a guy that used to rant about all of this unironically. I never could figure out what his problem with firefighters was, I asked him straight out if one fucked his wife or something.

My best freind was trying to pursue a career in fire for many years and worked part time in several rural local departments but never picked up a full time gig anywhere. He did the job long enough to have some brutal stories.

The 3 of us went on a camping trip once. That was not a good time.

I think the post 9/11 pay and respect shift brought the job to about where it should be, any more adoration and idolization would be weird.

For real. We definitely don't need any more undeserved hero worship.

Looking at you, US military people at large.

Jesus. Dummage gets called out on one account and has to turn up the heat on one of his many other accounts. Try not to be so obvious next time.

Iron workers should be given more credit then firefighters. Our job is more dangerous and we build schools and hospitals for people regardless of thier class

Gtfo with this bullshit. It's a job that pays well, nothing more or less

Iron workers should be given more credit then firefighters. Our job is more dangerous and we build schools and hospitals for people regardless of thier class

Gtfo with this bullshit. It's a job that pays well, nothing more or less

Hell yeah! Trade workers are very important. Lots of trades people work jobs that are more dangerous than anything a cop faces.

Hats off to you!

Top Back Refresh