What's new

Fire @ Can Am factory in Juarez Mexico

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
Loc
Somewhere in Texas
A huge blaze was reported yesterday at an ATV warehouse in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. The fire sent plumes of smoke into the sky that could be seen across the border into Texas, triggering a flurry of emergency phone calls from concerned residents in the area. According to KVIA-TV in El Paso, around 1 p.m. CT an explosion of unknown origin created the giant fire, which burned a whole lot of ATVs to an unrecognizable crisp.

Fortunately, officials told Mexican news outlet El Diario, all of the workers inside the plant were safely evacuated. The same cannot be said for the vehicles, many of which were destroyed.

© KVIA ABC-7 YouTube screencap

In case you're not familiar with Ciudad Juárez (Juarez City), it's a busy city in the state of Chihuahua in Mexico. Commonly called Juárez, it lies on the Rio Grande river, south of El Paso. Combined, the El Paso-Juárez area has a population of over 2.7 million people, and business trade is often conducted between the two cities. The now-burned maquiladora (a foreign-owned manufacturing plant that processes or assembles raw components for export) gets parts from Can-Am and builds units before shipping them back to the U.S.

BRP, which owns Can-Am, owns two maquiladoras in Juarez and it appears it is one of these facilities that has been affected. ATV and UTV manufacturers, like auto manufacturers, are experiencing a big uptick in sales. Off-road vehicles like Can-Am's are particularly interesting to buyers right now, which means that showrooms are already low on inventory. This fire is certainly going to delay production and deliveries even more. As more details evolve on that front, we'll keep you posted.

Putting renters ‘back on the path to…AdWells Fargo Stories

Our own Caleb Jacobs tested a $22K Can-Am Commander Max XT recently, and he had a great time with it; it's difficult to imagine a whole warehouse full of them on fire and the total cost of that loss. Thankfully, everyone who was inside the warehouse appears to be safe.

Not good for people waiting on SxS's and ATV's they pre-ordered. Not sure if it effects their parts supply........

It was quite the blaze!

sddefault.jpg
message-editor%2F1626619153297-canaminline.jpg
9ab53ff3-6ce3-4b00-9474-97412d16fe15-png.png

A golf cart factory in mexico burned down. Let me yank a nose hair and see if I can muster up a tear.

What's odd is it looked like it started in the outside storage?

A golf cart factory in mexico burned down. Let me yank a nose hair and see if I can muster up a tear.

Cared enough to read and then post in this thread..... Your slipping. You getting old or is hanging out with those liberal yuppies in the Hamptons rotting your brain?

:flipoff2:

I read today that the fire didn’t get inside or affect production. Just some finished units.

I read today that the fire didn’t get inside or affect production. Just some finished units.
Yep,
Their Public Affairs people are saying it was outside only and they just lost some production units headed to South America and that it really isn't going to affect the consumer in any way that they'll notice.

Less golf carts on the trail is good news.

Rubicon last weekend and those tards parked right on the trail.

Was all I could do to not have my friend put a 42 up over a hood.

Looks at reports of rzr's catching fire and burning...hold my Corona.

Yep,
Their Public Affairs people are saying it was outside only and they just lost some production units headed to South America and that it really isn't going to affect the consumer in any way that they'll notice.

What's another 6 days behind when the waiting list at dealers is already 4 months out. :laughing:

So, 1000 SxS's per week X 16 week backorder = roughly 16,000 units already accounted for but not delivered yet in the US market. Now add in the number of Can-Ams already sold to the US market and driving around and the number seems almost staggering for a "toy" in sales terms. And that's just one company...... I predict used SxS's to be a dime a dozen in a few years.

I remember all the "Do not drive" recall notices my buddies were getting when that was a huge problem a few years ago. That still a thing?
I have no idea. I know there were alot of law suits against Polaris over it. Quite a few people burnt up in them.

I have no idea. I know there were alot of law suits against Polaris over it. Quite a few people burnt up in them.
my old ranger started spraying fuel out of the schrader valve right under the seat while i was miles out on a trail, i smelled it and shut it down.

i can see how less knowledgeable could keep driving until a fire started.

it was a shitty design.

The issue with the RZR recalls was people putting their fuel cans in the bed, the cans melting and you guessed it, blaze of glory. They replaced a whole bunch of different heat shields that really didn't make much of a difference but one of the heat shields came with a new bed sticker to specifically forbid hauling fuel in the bed of the machine.

Top Back Refresh