What's new

Find this part - Internet Scavenger Hunt!

89Breaker

Around
Member Number
My google skills are slacking for random electronic parts.

I’m looking for an adjustable output AC power adapter and can only find cheap Chinesium crap that is only good at starting fires.

Range - 12 to 16.5v
Output - Min of 2.7A
Barrel plug - 5.5mm by 2.5 mm

Oh and fawk Amazon!

Last edited:
You need a role model. I haven't seen something like that since 1985.

Ok boomer!:flipoff2:

If you must know, it is to charge my high speed low drag Bluetooth speaker in my Jeep.
Yes, the downside of a short commute is the gladiator only charges it when running.
Last weekends BBQ and gun day with kids was short on tunes, that’s uncivilized.

If you must know, it is to charge my high speed low drag Bluetooth speaker in my Jeep.
Yes, the downside of a short commute is the gladiator only charges it when running.

FFS find a 12 volt always hot in your fuse panel and bootyfab an add a fuse in there.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

Also, I underlined the clue that determines the level of homosexuality you portray.

I use a bt speaker in my truck for a stereo too but it's a pos '02 suburban.

Why are you using a bt speaker in a gladiator?

you want to listen to music off a battery in a turned off gladiator.. you have any amps or anything, it sounds like you dont mind killin your battery :(

FFS find a 12 volt always hot in your fuse panel and bootyfab an add a fuse in there.

Also, I underlined the clue that determines the level of homosexuality you portray.

Yea, not gonna do electrical work when parts can be had to charge it normally.

Hook speaker directly to battery?

Seems pretty simple.

What part of need an adapter to charge/power the speaker is unclear? Jeep, in their jeepish ways built an awesome vehicle with some minor annoyances like not selling the power adapter for their speaker.

you want to listen to music off a battery in a turned off gladiator.. you have any amps or anything, it sounds like you dont mind killin your battery :(

I’m gonna say this slowly for you; bluetooth speaker that is removable from the vehicle. I have a 240 amp alternator, charging the vehicle isnt the problem, charging the speaker is the problem. Im not gonna idle the jeep for however fucking long it takes to charge a speaker.

I use a bt speaker in my truck for a stereo too but it's a pos '02 suburban.

Why are you using a bt speaker in a gladiator?

The gladiators have a bluetooth speaker on the higher trim packages that when mounted in the jeeps cradle, function like a normal speaker. You can also disconnect it for use like a regular bluetooth speaker that also charges devices through the speakers output charging port.

The problem is the speaker doesn’t come with an AC power supply which means you have to source aftermarket. Currently the speaker ONLY charges in the jeep cradle.

Yes, I can play with the wiring to tie in an always hot 12V but dont want to hassle with it when I know this stuff is out there. I’d rather pay for a basic adapter I can use for other things than tear into another wiring harness.

The specs in original post are given by jeep and only source I’ve found is not reputable. I may have an option in reusing a JBL adapter but need to run down their specs.

Yes, I think Jeep hit the easy button on this but not gonna lose sleep as the gladiator is an awesome vehicle otherwise.

Last one I bought was at radio shack, was heavy and 23$ so maybe not china?

See comments above on bluetooth....Now, whats your issue with the gladiator? This jeep is badass!

Don’t worry stud, I’m not gonna ask about 22” rims nor the best wiper blades.

I’ve already lived the DRW truck, trailer, and jeep life.

Last one I bought was at radio shack, was heavy and 23$ so maybe not china?

I remember those days, digging through the radio shack catalogue. I’d be willing to do it again but unfortunately not an option.

Wait, hold the the dam phone...google shows they arent dead. Hell, I thought they went under after watching my local stores close.

Thanks for the lightbulb!:mr-t:

Last edited:
not sure about the adjustable part, but find a 12 volt output should take care of it.
look around you house for one , got to have something at those specs.

pay shipping and I will did one or a few up

Apparently youre googlefu sucks as bad as a gladiator. Do you like gladiator movies as well? Overbear may have acharger for you. Literally 30 seconds on the google and it turns out that the JBL Extreme speaker charger is the same. As is any 3.5mm 16.5v power supply. Why the fuck does it need a variable volt charger?

I think I have a couple of these in a box somewhere. They were "universal power adapters". They weren't infinitely adjustable, but they had all the standard voltages and interchangeable barrel plugs.

https://www.amazon.com/SHNITPWR-Adj...ble&qid=1615379197&sr=8-10&tag=91812054244-20

61Wqku%2BvUsL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The gladiators have a bluetooth speaker on the higher trim packages that when mounted in the jeeps cradle, function like a normal speaker. You can also disconnect it for use like a regular bluetooth speaker that also charges devices through the speakers output charging port.

The problem is the speaker doesn’t come with an AC power supply which means you have to source aftermarket. Currently the speaker ONLY charges in the jeep cradle.

Yes, I can play with the wiring to tie in an always hot 12V but dont want to hassle with it when I know this stuff is out there. I’d rather pay for a basic adapter I can use for other things than tear into another wiring harness.

The specs in original post are given by jeep and only source I’ve found is not reputable. I may have an option in reusing a JBL adapter but need to run down their specs.

Yes, I think Jeep hit the easy button on this but not gonna lose sleep as the gladiator is an awesome vehicle otherwise.

Interesting...

In that case you should just buy a bose revolve mini so you don't fuck up your Jeep speaker ( while it's not mounted in the Jeep ) that is probably not going to be easy or cheap to replace.

Top Back Refresh