What's new

Fiech

Limited

Member Number
What di you guys think of the Fitec fuel injection?

Its trash. Their customer service is an absolute shit show also. I much prefer the more user friendly holley stuff. Had the misfortune of using one of their Ultimate LS kits, comes with the intake/injectors and computer. Had harness issues out of the box. Most places wont touch one tuning wise either. Honestly, Id take a factory computer and stand alone harness long before I used another fitech set up.

I used fitech on a 400m, it was the cheapest/easiest bolt-on fuel injection at the time and I don't regret it one bit. Their customer service helped me with tuning and wasn't the worst ever. Now with all of that said, it was definitely a "you get what you pay for" situation. The holley setups are much better but have a higher price tag. If you are not crazy about tuning and fine with a simple setup, nothing wrong with fitech in my opinion (as of 3 or 4 years ago, I haven't dealt with them recently).

I've heard not a lot of good about FI tech, but not much better with the cheap holley either. Which sucks, because I wanted to do a small sniper efi on my sami:laughing:

Go read the reviews on summit racing. A fair number dead out of the box. QC sucks.
I went Holley Sniper for not much more $.

I think a lot of the Sniper issues can be traced back to bad installation. Poor wiring practices, RFI interference, etc. Mine has been flawless.

I put one in a car 5 or 6 years ago while chasing a tuning issue. Knock on wood, it's been working fine thus far, not the most fancy setup but it gets the job done. I got it pretty cheap when they had it on sale with a pretty good size rebate, the cheaper holley systems weren't out yet. I also made my own fuel pump system instead of the problematic setup that fitech offered and many people had problems with.

Top Back Refresh