What's new

Fiberglass composite panels for trailer walls/doors

Ebs

`
Member Number
Loc
MI
I don't know exactly what I need, but the plywood core fiberglass faced barn doors on my box van are rotted and flimsy and need replaced.

Is there some sort of fiberglass/frp sheeting out there that's commonly available as a plywood substitute? Foam core fiberglass sandwich panels, something like that?

Last edited:
Moght not be the right place but... what is the longevity of that stuff? So many 5-10 year old travel trailers and motor homes I see seem to have delamination issues,

I think I'll first attempt to save the fiberglass outer skins and re-epoxy them to new plywood. It sounds miserable and I already hate it, but there's a few youtube videos of guys repairing plywood core trailer walls this way.

we just glues the new panels to plywood this weekend, the epoxy stuff we used (cant remember the name, came with rv) is easy enough to use if the panel is laying flat, no clue how it would work if it was installed while on the rv. it said the working time was 30 minutes, but jesus did it take for ever to set up, we let them cure over night and will see tonight to see how it turned out,

i also saw a couple vids of guys removing the fiberglass from plywood. not too hard they had some chemicals if i recall that help with the removal.

Top Back Refresh