What's new

Fawking theives

The problem is everyone nowadays has their phone out trying to get famous. Put down the phone and punch some fuckers in the teeth. The world needs more fuckers punched in the teeth.
That's the problem. Can't take care of business because everyone is holding a video camera in their hand :shaking:

Local muffler shop I do work for has started building cages/anti theft plates for them it's so bad.

Wednesday evening somebody helped themselves to a plasma cutter from one of my stores. Thanks to covid their face was completely covered.

Fortunately, they just posted it for sale on marketplace and the police are on their way. Somebody is getting felony charges for Christmas. *fingers crossed
And then?

People make deterrents for priuses. One is a full belly shield. They are easy because they need one socket on an impact and they use pipe cutters which are like a regular pipe cutter combined with a chain pair of vise grips. Two guys have had theirs stolen in the work parking lot. VPD won’t respond to anything except murders at this point. Friends shop got robbed and they showed up 3 days later🙄
My brother has a tech doing 30+ hrs every week just on cat jobs. Replacing them and installing skids, 80% of that is on Priuses.

I don't understand how they are scrapping then in that kind of volume. Even here we have to show ID.

I don't understand how they are scrapping then in that kind of volume. Even here we have to show ID.
Middle men who sell to scrapyards.

Sometimes they don't even scrap them. They sell to a guy who fills a shipping container that gets exported and scrapped overseas.

Middle men who sell to scrapyards.

Sometimes they don't even scrap them. They sell to a guy who fills a shipping container that gets exported and scrapped overseas.

Legally, the middle man has to be able to prove where he got them from, if anyone was motivated to do the investigating.

Shipping containers I get.

Guys around here have a barrel of oxygen sensors with the wires very obviously sawzalled off. Shifty eyed shithead looking guy selling one at a time with obvious sloppy sawzall cuts is prolly 90% of their customers

Top Back Refresh