What's new

Fawking theives

Arickvan

PBB transfer
Member Number
Loc
Oakley CA
Someone stole my catalytic converter off of a project truck sitting in my driveway :mad3:

Happened in the past couple days but I'm not sure exactly when

Can't believe they did it in my driveway

I'm not in the newest nicest neighborhood but it's a nice neighborhood

Just venting :mad3:

They are getting ballsy. Saw a video a few weeks ago of someone stealing one in the middle of the day in a Costco parking lot with many bystanders recording(it’s Vallejo, not worth getting shot at)

They are getting ballsy. Saw a video a few weeks ago of someone stealing one in the middle of the day in a Costco parking lot with many bystanders recording(it’s Vallejo, not worth getting shot at)
Ya and by the time you call the cops they're gone

Called the non emergency line and they had me file a report over the phone, probably useless

Jesus fawk, how much are they scrapping these for??
1638071806365.png

Dang, so glad I moved to ID from CA ten years ago. They'd stand a pretty good chance of getting shot up here.

its a tweaker problem, not a ca problem :flipoff2:

and we will shoot you in ca as well

5 days ago

but they also shoot back

Last edited:
Video would have been better if the guy filming ran up and dropped the jack.
Right? Come at me with a fucking Mapp gas as a weapon- ha ha ha The kid said it he didn't know what to do- not even to grab his phone to call it in... WTF really? If I walk out to that, they are not smart enough to not BAIL out ASAP- and I have almost 2 minutes to figure out a solution... calling cops is probably about minute 5 or so, after I solved the problem.

That sucks arickvan. You can check your local scrap yards not sure what good it'll do you but maybe...
From what I understand around here they are straw purchased, and sold to the bigger cities scrap yards.

That sucks.

But I'm also laughing cause I leave the keys in the console. Dont move to tx though, it sucks here.
ive been leaving the keys in my ignition for 11 years now(at home)

i also have 4wheelers dirt bikes multiple generators $2k welder $2k plasma countless milwaukee fuel tools that all get left in the driveway during the summer

i dont need to tell people it sucks here, they already know :laughing:

This is the perfect example of time to use a citizens arrest and hold at gun point. An actual crime bring committed right in front of you and the van is probably full of 10k worth of stolen cats.

I’d also probably drop that jack right on that guy no fucks given.
Not if you’re a white male!!!!!!

This is the perfect example of time to use a citizens arrest and hold at gun point. An actual crime bring committed right in front of you and the van is probably full of 10k worth of stolen cats.

I’d also probably drop that jack right on that guy no fucks given.
I was thinking I'd grab a pair of pliers and pull out their valve stems. This would take less than 10 seconds to accomplish, and they would have both of their right side tires flat. When they come around to investigate, I'd take those 10 seconds and quickly yank the left side valve stems, leaving their getaway vehicle severely impaired and a target for law enforcement.

Been fixing a ton of cars with hackfucked exhausts for the past year or so. Almost never just a cat because they usually mangle a couple feet of exhaust on either side or suspension/frame parts in close proximity to the exhaust, nevermind all the o2 sensors and wiring. Seems like about half of them aren't using a jack, they're just blind reaching with the longest sawzall blade they can get.

We live in a tweaker infested area, but most of them are smart enough to know that around here if you fuck around, you'll find out. They usually just steal shit from each other and their own families, which I find pretty comical. It also helps to be acquainted to 1 or 2 of them so that if something happens, $20 will get you enough info to find out who did it.

Top Back Refresh