What's new

Fawking skeeters

Boons

Member Number
Short of having an f4 drop a couple thousand pounds of napalm on the property how the fuck do I get them away from the house/shop? Never have I see them this bad, can hear them out side of my shop, big black clouds of the ****s. Oddly enough they seem to congregate around the gravel lane way rather than the grass. Don’t tell me about candles or stagnate water I know all that shit, gotta be something better maybe something that would piss off that stunned downsyndromed **** Greta.

I bought a bug suit. Right now its May flies and they're fairly bad. The mosquitoes are the worst. We can not spend more than 5m outside without getting swarmed. Like, 100% covered and can't breathe.

Not kidding, this is a decent Internet photo of what its like for us:
mos.jpg

The woods come right up to the house and we have two brooks. I've started pushing the woods back to see if it helps. It'll be a slow process.

But yea, bug suit if I'm spending more than 5m outside.

This stuff is awesome if you’re willing to keep up with a backpack sprayer. You mix 1 oz with 3 gallons of water, it’s oil based so it holds up to rain and lasts 2-3 weeks. It’s noticeable when it wears off. Kills fire ants too, they don’t just move the mound.

https://www.amazon.com/Bifen-XTS-Bif...s%2C183&sr=8-1

The other option if you’re in a semi-enclosed shop or small area like a deck is a Therma-cell. I can’t go hunting without one, they will eat you alive. Again, it’s noticeable when it runs out. Down side is it’s not going to cover a very large area.

This stuff is awesome if you’re willing to keep up with a backpack sprayer. You mix 1 oz with 3 gallons of water, it’s oil based so it holds up to rain and lasts 2-3 weeks. It’s noticeable when it wears off. Kills fire ants too, they don’t just move the mound.

The other option if you’re in a semi-enclosed shop or small area like a deck is a Therma-cell. I can’t go hunting without one, they will eat you alive. Again, it’s noticeable when it runs out. Down side is it’s not going to cover a very large area.

Have a minature pig that grazes on the property.

Have a minature pig that grazes on the property.

I don’t spray my grass unless I’ve got some left on the tank I need to get rid of. Just the walls, hedges, concrete patio, fence, etc.

If the pig bites the dust, just make bacon. :flipoff2:

I’m currently on a job in the panhandle of FL. The mosquitos could carry off a small child. We use a service who’s theory is that the colony’s are territorial and each have their own pheromones that let other colony’s know where their territory begins and ends. So They come and spray their magic potion and the Misquitos go away for a month or so until I call them again.
We were getting ate TFU before I asked the neighbor how they could stand being outside in the spring.

I bought a bug suit. Right now its May flies and they're fairly bad. The mosquitoes are the worst. We can not spend more than 5m outside without getting swarmed. Like, 100% covered and can't breathe.

Not kidding, this is a decent Internet photo of what its like for us:

The woods come right up to the house and we have two brooks. I've started pushing the woods back to see if it helps. It'll be a slow process.

But yea, bug suit if I'm spending more than 5m outside.

Fuck that. It’s time to move.

I’m with treehorn, it must be a pretty magical place to voluntarily put up with that bs.

No neighbors. Middle of nowhere. Hunt from my backyard. Two brooks. Waterfall. Swimming hole. 20 acres of my own surrounded by a few hundred of conservation land that cannot be built on. The place is freaking awesome. The mosquitoes aren't like that all year round, but when we get a decent rain followed by heat it looks just like that pic.

+1 for Bifen, or Permetherin if you need it now from the local farm store. It basically works for all bugs. I was a no spray guy until my kid came crying in the house with carpenter ants clamped to her toe, twice. I had it last much longer, but it's cheap enough to re-apply if needed.

Look up Spartan mosquito eradicator. I saw some at Agway, asked about it, and all three employees and the lady cashing out all started raving. I put some up this weekend, but too early to tell.

Buy an electric or propane fogger and buy shit from doityourselfpestcontrol or some place like that. Residuals help if you have areas where they hangout before they come get you

May flies are brutal here right now.

Was just outside unloading my tractor from yesterday and got swarmed.

Look up Spartan mosquito eradicator. I saw some at Agway, asked about it, and all three employees and the lady cashing out all started raving. I put some up this weekend, but too early to tell.

Let us know how that works. I'd hang up a dozen around the place if it works.

I was also going to throw together a few bat boxes, but was worried the bats may eventually take refuge into the attic space.

May flies are brutal here right now.

Was just outside unloading my tractor from yesterday and got swarmed.
yawp. same here.

Used this in Tennessee and now here in NC. It does work well. Also bought some spray on amazon that was all natural and it killed the mosquitoes

+1 for Bifen, or Permetherin if you need it now from the local farm store. It basically works for all bugs. I was a no spray guy until my kid came crying in the house with carpenter ants clamped to her toe, twice. I had it last much longer, but it's cheap enough to re-apply if needed.

We use both, mix them in the tank. 1oz/gal of each, the permethrin has a great initial knock down and a decent residual, the bifen doesn't have the initial knock down but has a great residual. Spray monthly or sooner if needed. We always try to hit them right after a hatch to get as many new ones as possible.

Top Back Refresh