Discussions:
Photos:

North west

Favorite Wheeling in the PNW?

ryantowry_81

Member Number
Loc
Naches Wa
I don't want to make this a territorial thread on who's is better just an informative thread for where you like to go around you. That way if anyone in the group gets the itch to wander we all have good ideas, and know who to talk to for advice in an area.

I am in Naches Wa (Central Washginton) and funny rocks/ moonrocks might be the most technical rock section around here but it is one area not really a trail.

Most of the trail system around here is more about exploring. there are miles of trail ranging from forest service roads to some tight and off camber climbs. the Washington Back Country Discovery Route (WABDR) comes right through and you can make it from rimrock lake to Ellensburg by only crossing pavement. most areas can be accessed by forest service road or 4WD trail. if you are running full-size I would be very careful on the 4wd trails. most were originally cut with willy's in mind so they can get tight.

Moses lake has sand dunes that can be a fun area. IIRC it is about 600 acres but don't quote me.

there is also the Ahtanum trail system that we snow wheel a lot because it gets up pretty high in the 6000' range in places and it is one of the areas around here that is not shut down and groomed for snowmobiles. a couple trails there but mainly forest service roads with lots of amazing views. not really technical.

Anyone wants specific trail names or numbers to run when you are around PM me.

What is fun in your area?

If you want difficult buggy trails, hoodoo is a decent spot near bend. A lot of it is loose Boulder type stuff, but there are other areas with ledges and slab type stuff. Has a nice lake near by to swim at also.

Other than that, I haven't ventured around much.

After I procure a pair of newer HMMWV tires for the front axle, I plan to do a simple loop (day trip) involving Idaho City/Placerville/Horseshoe Bend.

Starting and finishing in Meridian.
01 idaho city loop (2).png

Top Back Refresh