What's new

FAT ASS thread #331

Alright I guess I'm in.

6'4
224#
Goal: 205

I'm terrible at motivating myself to work out and I'm really good at convincing myself to eat more. I don't want to be one of those guys who lets themselves go in their 30s. I have a desk job so i really need to change my lifestyle.

I've been hovering around 275 for the past few years, 5' 9" 38 yo. My family members want me to drop 25 pounds but I haven't been very successful at it. I haven't gained any tho.

Alright I guess I'm in.

6'4
224#
Goal: 205

I'm terrible at motivating myself to work out and I'm really good at convincing myself to eat more. I don't want to be one of those guys who lets themselves go in their 30s. I have a desk job so i really need to change my lifestyle.

You don't need to work out to get there or even mess with Keto. Just count your calories.

Reactions: PAE
Whats worked for me is having breakfast and a late lunch but thats all.

Only give the body enough to start consuming fat stores, that number of calories is hit and miss, takes experimentation to arrive at.

I hovered around 198-202 for most of the last decade, tried losing weight numerous times with little to no success.
Jan 20 this year I hit 204 and decided that was the final straw. In the following 10 weeks I lost 35 lbs and another 9 lbs since, all from running and diet with a little weight lifting.
I ran about 900 kms on the treadmill since Jan 20 and this morning I beat my own record, I ran exactly 15 kms in 72-1/2 minutes and weighed 160 on the nose. Would still like to drop another 5-6 lbs. Pretty proud of myself being 57 yrs old.

My doctor says my healthy weight should be 175. A few years ago i got down to 185 with nothing but running. I lost a lot of muscle mass in my arms and legs. I was ok but wasn’t happy how I looked without the muscle. I feel good and look beefy at 195/200.
The whole "Proper weight" thing is bullshit.

I rank it right up there with BMI in the modern medical fuckery.

You don't need to work out to get there or even mess with Keto. Just count your calories.
I'm anti keto. What i need to do is stop eating pizza and burgers 4 days a week for lunch and start eating salads. I travel a lot for work and don't choose healthy options and i need to change that.

I'm anti keto. What i need to do is stop eating pizza and burgers 4 days a week for lunch and start eating salads. I travel a lot for work and don't choose healthy options and i need to change that.

Keto can be good, it is for me but I'm pretty fat.
You do well with fasting especially if your on the road a lot

:beer: Nice work man!

Do you squat at all or is leg press your primary leg workout?

Our gym got a belt squat machine about a year ago, so I replaced my back squats with that for a while. I've worked my way up to 410 lbs for sets of 5. I just recently started back squatting again, and my power out of the hole has increased significantly. 405 lb. back squats go up way easier now. I just have to get used to having the weight on my shoulders again.

I was also excited to see my deadlifts go up too. I had been sand-bagging deads for quite a while, and when I decided to man up and quit being a pussy, 495 is coming up surprisingly easy too.

FWIW, just turned 44 years old/315 body weight/6'0 tall.
Do you have any advice for for old fucks who want to get back into squatting? Back when I was playing football, I was a parallel squat machine. Now my knees have seen better days. Didnt know if braces made much of a difference at all.

6’, started at 234 towards mid April. Got down to 221 with Peloton and running then benched myself about 3 weeks ago after having a lot of knee discomfort. Had one of our physical therapists check it out and he said a very tender and aggravated medial meniscus :(

Been doing e stim and icing for a couple of weeks with some improvement and no active exercise. It’d get better then worse. I finally decided to buy new shoes thinking that may be attributing to it. On my third day of wearing my new shoes and already feeling a lot of relief. :homer: I’m hoping i may have solved the issue that was amplified by too much resistance on the bike. I’m used to wearing Asics and I went to a completely different shoe. I noticed my feet hurting after wearing them…then my shins…then my knees. :homer: But never clicked it was my shoes.

So going to rest a couple more weeks and hopefully get back to working out after I get back from vacation.

edit: I also lost weight due to giving up beer for 6 weeks and sticking to tequila and water. Next routine will include eating cleaner and giving up beer again.

weight: 224
Goal: 195-200

Great job writing all that! I musta been almost hard to say all that without mentioning the name of the NEW FUCKING SHOES you ended up with!! :flipoff2:

Great job writing all that! I musta been almost hard to say all that without mentioning the name of the NEW FUCKING SHOES you ended up with!! :flipoff2:
:lmao:

I just replaced a 6 yr old pair of Asics with another pair of Asics. Figure I got 6 yrs and a lot of miles supporting my fat ass out of these, they must be decent. 10.00 a year for shoes is a good deal.

Do you have any advice for for old fucks who want to get back into squatting? Back when I was playing football, I was a parallel squat machine. Now my knees have seen better days. Didnt know if braces made much of a difference at all.
Man, I am FAR from an expert, so I feel a little awkward giving anyone gym advice. I will tell you what I would I would suggest, and I would love for anyone else to chime in and tell me I'm wrong:

I would sneak up on squats with more low impact stuff like leg extensions and leg curls (either lying down or seated) for a couple weeks. This is probably an unpopular suggestion (because you look silly doing it), but I would also throw in hip adductors/abductors too. I hadn't done a back squat in over a year, and I quickly realized my stability wasn't what i used to be when it came to having the weight on my shoulders instead of tied to the belt around my waist. The other thing you could try is walking lunges, but I would take it easy and not go banging your knee off the ground.
My knees aren't the best either, and I can definitely tell when I've been slacking on leg day. Just going through the motions makes me feel much better.

Also, cheers/kudos to all the guys making the change and sticking with it. This is like the ‘I quit drinking’ thread. I’ve only ever been 200 pounds and I’m 5’8. I thought filling out a size 34 was fat so for the guys who could lose half my weight and still be called fat by someone you have my fucking support. That shit ain’t easy to deal with and it takes a FUCK TON of effort to keep it off and change your lifestyle.
Ain't no way in hell you're 200lbs.

I'm 170 and I'm taller and fatter than you

Screenshot_20210619-155459.png

Put in some work today my fellow fat fucks! :flipoff2:

6781EA2E-09CA-459A-8BD3-ACD097F4A71E.jpeg

:flipoff2:

My last 4 pairs of shoes were ASICS. Then I moved into a pair of Adidas with poor sole support. Just got back into another pair of ASICS. Want a picture? :flipoff2:

Today was chest /shoulders/back really stoked I can do dumbbell presses 3X10 @ 70lbs. For a guy with fake shoulder that needs the rotator cuff repaired and the other is grinding bone on bone I'll take what I can get.
Gone are the days when I could press 405. I'll likely never see that again.

Heaviest i was in my life was 386 and a 54 inch waist.
Lightest I have been in my life, 4 years ago, was 192.6 lbs with a 32 inch waist.

Right now I'm a brick shithouse 260 lbs with a 36 inch waist. 6'3". Years of living as a fat fuck has really taken a toll on the joints, though.

Best advice, if you feel like you should lose weight, do it. Stop making excuses for yourself and put in the work. It's worth it. It adds so much quality of life, and sorting out the issues that led to you being a fat shit will pay dividends in all relational aspects of your life.

Right now I'm a brick shithouse 260 lbs with a 36 inch waist. 6'3".
I'm about close to this category. I'm 6'2" and 275 lbs with a 36-38 waist. 3x shirts are tight across my Back/shoulders.

Heaviest I've been is 290lbs but have never been over a 38 waist. I've worked hard all my life and maintain and cast a wide shadow.

Plus I can stand straight up and look straight down and see my dick when I piss :laughing:

This thread is funny.

I love all of the posts "I'm (somewhere near 300lbs) and I have a 36-38" waist, I'm good"

No, you're not. Just because you are shaped like an orange with two straws sticking out of the bottom doesn't put you in some unique category of fitness. Your waist size has zero to do with your health and fitness level. Unless you are Ronnie Coleman, who competed at 285ish at 5'11". None of you shitheads are Ronnie Coleman. :flipoff2:

Just like the leg press thing. Pressing a half ton is impressive, I will admit that. The other side of that coin is this, I absofuckinglutely guarantee that someone that can squat 500lbs can EASILY leg press the same. Someone that can leg press 500lbs cannot necessarily squat the same. Core strength is important if you are looking to do actual lifting. My deadlift is way weak right now, because of a lat imbalance due to a dislocated rib several years ago. It is hard to swallow pride and only have a 350lb DL, but I'm not going to go hit the press machine for ego.

I'm guilty of the same shit. For YEARS I was like "I'm good". I'd poke fun of myself saying I was the fat guy only to be reassured by friends and family, that "you're not fat, you're just built big". What a load of shit. Big Boned? No, show me the big bone skeletons.....I'll wait. I'm different in shape than some of you orange on straws folks, I held weight in my ass and waist, so I looked pretty solid. Went from a 46"@335 and now down to 36"@215. I still want to make it to 205 eventually, then maybe look into some vanity surgery to remove this lovely belly flap and skin tits I've developed. I'm a man in my mid 40s and I need a boob job, who would have ever thought?

Keto works, Paleo works, OMAD works, Atkins works, it all works. It's about calories. You can eat keto and still be unhealthy. Yes, there are no carbs in bacon and pork rinds, doesn't mean they are healthy food. It also doesn't mean that you need to eliminate them from your life. If that is what it takes for you to lose initially, good for you. Once you reach a certain point, those foods don't cut it. Then you start looking into healthy keto and open up an entire new world. Then you realize it's all about calories and smart choices and just simply live better and make better choices. That's where I've made it to. No diet now, but the little voice in my head actually gets listened to when I have to go to a fast food restaurant. A 6" sub and a pickle instead of a bag of chips and a footlong, a single burger and kids or small fries instead of the mega-giganto-half-pound-colon-blaster burger. Sure, splurge here and there, but it is the exception rather than the norm.

Congrats to anyone working on it. It is hard to take a look into yourself and realize you aren't as perfect as your ego makes you think you are. The mental part is many times the hardest.

Careful with that, bro. Stresses me just watching that. If you go too low, you can hurt your lower back. I've also seen videos of people breaking shit when they lock out at the top. :barf:
Agree, Squats and deadlifts are hard, but they strengthen your back and knees, leg presses are easier, hurt your back & knees.

I had a good reminder for a few months nursing a broken foot, unable to squat and deadlift. My lower back pain came back in about 3 weeks. I did crawl up stairs every other day and chin, bench and overhead press(with a knee on bench). Now my bench is only 55 lbs behind my squat :lmao:. Needless to say im focusing on the squat & :massey:deadlift for awhile.

Ive found the squat and deadlift really enable you to lose the weight you want to lose, improve your quality of life, and enable you to eat alot more and maintain your weight. Im 37, 198 lbs, 5'10. Deadlift, 410x1, squat 345x1 bench 290x1, chin 70 lb x 5, OHP 175x5. I started 3-4 years ago being motivated by my dad getting sick and only surviving in the ICU because of the additional strength he had put on.

I was 208lbs and weak, maybe 185 bench, 185 deadlift, 155 squat and couldn't press 95lb overhead and could only manage one pullup. Initially i got down to 174 lbs and increased my strength. I've put on some weight and some strength since then.
I still have a long way to go. Its been tough getting where i am travelling 30ish nights a year, mostly unexpectedly. I adopted the most efficient movements I could for burning calories and getting strong because time is so precious working 12-14 hrs a day and having young kids. Recently I've changed positions and will have much more of a regular schedule to enable me to meal prep and workout more consistently.

Last edited:
This thread is funny.

I still want to make it to 205 eventually, then maybe look into some vanity surgery to remove this lovely belly flap and skin tits I've developed. I'm a man in my mid 40s and I need a boob job, who would have ever thought?
If you need surgery on your gut due to excess fat and a boob job in your 40's, I feel bad for you to a degree.

But at some point long ago you should have pushed away from the table. Now you think eating kiddie meals is the answer.Wrong!

The thread wasn't really funny till you posted up a long winded BS rant because you have a far gut and Bitch tits :flipoff2:

And really you shouldn't try to put everybody in the same category as you. You left out 2 very important things,Genetics and Metabolism.

My stomach is flat and I have a mans chest. I eat what I want and burn it off fast and am constantly hungry and eat adult size meals. Not kids Happy meals :lmao:

Now its funny. Carry on :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh