FAT ASS thread #331

rockmup

El Hefe
Member Number
Loc
Greenwell Springs LA.
EDIT: Post your own shit up and be accountable

9 weeks ago I was @ 366, today I'm @ 329
My walking mile time was 28 min a mile, today its 17.08 per mile.
My PR for leg press today was 855 for 2 reps, I had 2-3 more. I don't have a spotter so its kinda hard to find my max. Pretty sure I could do 955 comfortably.
I do my presses at the end of my workout.

I don't get on the scale but once a week, I pay more attention to my clothes and my belt.

Last edited:
wait. you can lift 900lbs with your legs? :eek:

I think I'm around 290. :flipoff2:

Went to a wedding last week. A lot of my nicer shirts were too tight. pop. And I have never had many shirts that I can do the top button on.:laughing:

9 weeks ago I was @ 366, today I'm @ 329
My walking mile time was 28 min a mile, today its 17.08 per mile.
My PR for leg press today was 855 for 2 reps, I had 2-3 more. I don't have a spotter so its kinda hard to find my max. Pretty sure I could do 955 comfortably.
I do my presses at the end of my workout.

I don't get on the scale but once a week, I pay more attention to my clothes and my belt.
:beer: Nice work man!

Do you squat at all or is leg press your primary leg workout?

Our gym got a belt squat machine about a year ago, so I replaced my back squats with that for a while. I've worked my way up to 410 lbs for sets of 5. I just recently started back squatting again, and my power out of the hole has increased significantly. 405 lb. back squats go up way easier now. I just have to get used to having the weight on my shoulders again.

I was also excited to see my deadlifts go up too. I had been sand-bagging deads for quite a while, and when I decided to man up and quit being a pussy, 495 is coming up surprisingly easy too.

FWIW, just turned 44 years old/315 body weight/6'0 tall.

Since November 2018 I've lost 120lbs and kept it off. Well, Make that 115lbs. Weighed myself the other day and put on 5 since I quit working out due to moving across the country and house/stress/eating like shit. Started out at 335, 220 the other day.

Strength isn't what I go for anymore. More of a please don't die while working out. I joined the Crossfit cult in 2019 as I can't self motivate. Just started checking out gyms this week in my new home. Amazing how good (and horrible) being sore as fuck feels after slacking for two months.

My goal for this year was to get the diet under control and lose 20lbs, I started off in January at 235 and I made my goal, but as previously mentioned, gained 5 back.

The weight loos is in the diet, not the gym. Remember that. Good job and good luck on your journey. It's worth every ounce of sweat.

:beer: Nice work man!

Do you squat at all or is leg press your primary leg workout?

Our gym got a belt squat machine about a year ago, so I replaced my back squats with that for a while. I've worked my way up to 410 lbs for sets of 5. I just recently started back squatting again, and my power out of the hole has increased significantly. 405 lb. back squats go up way easier now. I just have to get used to having the weight on my shoulders again.

I was also excited to see my deadlifts go up too. I had been sand-bagging deads for quite a while, and when I decided to man up and quit being a pussy, 495 is coming up surprisingly easy too.

FWIW, just turned 44 years old/315 body weight/6'0 tall.

Thank you.
I'm 58 @ 6' and 329

My shoulders are fawked and I can't do regular squats so I use the hex bar and this as my primary. Funny thing, we had company so no gym for 6 days. I felt stronger when I went back, confidant that the rest did me well.

Thank you.
I'm 58 @ 6' and 329

My shoulders are fawked and I can't do regular squats so I use the hex bar and this as my primary. Funny thing, we had company so no gym for 6 days. I felt stronger when I went back, confidant that the rest did me well.
That is awesome, good for you!

Very encouraging. I am 52, 6'2" my shoulders are shot. Want to lose 20 pounds just to feel good again, increase endurance. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to still build muscle but you have proven obviously you can.

Not sure if there is anything worse than worn out body parts keeping you from feeling better.

That is awesome, good for you!

Very encouraging. I am 52, 6'2" my shoulders are shot. Want to lose 20 pounds just to feel good again, increase endurance. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to still build muscle but you have proven obviously you can.

Not sure if there is anything worse than worn out body parts keeping you from feeling better.

I lost 100lbs about 4 years ago and part of the reason I quit was because I made excuses about why I could get in the gym. I have a fake shoulder and the other one is about 7 years past needing to be replaced, its bone on bone and really painful. I LOVE lifting so I decided to figure out how to work around my physical issues. So far, so good and I feel great.

Two weeks ago tomorrow, my wife asked if I would go on a diet with her. There was only one good answer. I'm 6-3 and started out at 214 lbs. I weighed in this morning at 201. I'm doing pushups and planks in the morning, weaning myself from caffeinated coffee and drink basically nothing but water. A couple fingers of bourbon sounds good but it's on the no no list.

Had a yearly physical a few weeks ago, bp, and lipos are the only major issue. Statons for the lipos and I'll see if the diet helps with the bp. As an added bonus I pick up my hearing aids in a couple of weeks. Yay

6’, started at 234 towards mid April. Got down to 221 with Peloton and running then benched myself about 3 weeks ago after having a lot of knee discomfort. Had one of our physical therapists check it out and he said a very tender and aggravated medial meniscus :(

Been doing e stim and icing for a couple of weeks with some improvement and no active exercise. It’d get better then worse. I finally decided to buy new shoes thinking that may be attributing to it. On my third day of wearing my new shoes and already feeling a lot of relief. :homer: I’m hoping i may have solved the issue that was amplified by too much resistance on the bike. I’m used to wearing Asics and I went to a completely different shoe. I noticed my feet hurting after wearing them…then my shins…then my knees. :homer: But never clicked it was my shoes.

So going to rest a couple more weeks and hopefully get back to working out after I get back from vacation.

edit: I also lost weight due to giving up beer for 6 weeks and sticking to tequila and water. Next routine will include eating cleaner and giving up beer again.

weight: 224
Goal: 195-200

In February I was 289#. Today I was 262. I just started powerlifting in February at 54 years old. Doing 5/3/1 AMRAPS this week. . . Deadlift is 295x8, Squat is 235x7, and Bench is a measly 140x8. I'm still getting stronger and lighter so it's progress.

weight: 224
Goal: 195-200
Interesting goal. I'm 6'2" and my goal is 175. I just feel best there. My highest ever so far is 205 and I feel like a bloated pig.
at 205 I am healthy according to my last physical, but I see things like the hot weather has a much worse affect on me. I can't work in the heat as long as I used to. I use less covers when I sleep. Stupid little things like that feel pretty life changing sometimes.

I have done this before. dropped 15 pounds on Keto in 2 months without exercise but I am a pretty physical person anyways, but then adding sodas back in, social events it creeps back up overtime and one day you wake up and say, I am not happy with myself.

Funny how we all have our comfort zones.

6'4" and 230. Definitely have a gut, but I can hold my own. Firewood keeps me in check.

However, I have the cardio endurance of a redditor.

Yup
Careful with that, bro. Stresses me just watching that. If you go too low, you can hurt your lower back. I've also seen videos of people breaking shit when they lock out at the top. :barf:

However, I have the cardio endurance of a redditor.
LMAO, yeah I feel that way. I used to be able to push through the day. Can't do it anymore.
Never really felt old until I lost my endurance.

About 8 weeks ago I was back at 260, so I have been eating better. I’m 245 right now, I would love to see 210, I’m back in 33s at that weight, 6’1 56 years old. I may just get serious and fast a week or so and keto down for the rest. I was surprised how easy it was to fast. Every time I felt hungry I just drank some warm water.

6' 0"

425 lbs circa 1998.

265 lbs 06/18/2021

Dont really walk for cardio, knees are both blown out and or bone on bone I suppose from living the last 40 years or so being a massive weight.

Interesting goal. I'm 6'2" and my goal is 175. I just feel best there. My highest ever so far is 205 and I feel like a bloated pig.
at 205 I am healthy according to my last physical, but I see things like the hot weather has a much worse affect on me. I can't work in the heat as long as I used to. I use less covers when I sleep. Stupid little things like that feel pretty life changing sometimes.

I have done this before. dropped 15 pounds on Keto in 2 months without exercise but I am a pretty physical person anyways, but then adding sodas back in, social events it creeps back up overtime and one day you wake up and say, I am not happy with myself.

Funny how we all have our comfort zones.
My doctor says my healthy weight should be 175. A few years ago i got down to 185 with nothing but running. I lost a lot of muscle mass in my arms and legs. I was ok but wasn’t happy how I looked without the muscle. I feel good and look beefy at 195/200.

I changed my diet and started working out Jan. 4th 2021. So far I've lost 25 lbs. I feel much better and look much better now. I've had to tighten my belt up 2 notches already. I'll be 40 in August and wanted to be in the best shape I've been in for the last 20 years when I turn 40, and I've made it to my goal already. I'm 5'11" 210 lbs.

Also, cheers/kudos to all the guys making the change and sticking with it. This is like the ‘I quit drinking’ thread. I’ve only ever been 200 pounds and I’m 5’8. I thought filling out a size 34 was fat so for the guys who could lose half my weight and still be called fat by someone you have my fucking support. That shit ain’t easy to deal with and it takes a FUCK TON of effort to keep it off and change your lifestyle.

I crept back up 20 pounds from my lowest point in 2018 or 19. I agreed to do the keto thing with my wife about a week ago. The first two days were the worst with low energy. I need to do a better job of what I am eating so I eat enough calories because too few is as bad as too many. I'm down a few pounds already and my clothes fit better.

I`ve put on about 60 pounds since last year, I got out of the pokey in really good shape and between some broken bones, a blood clot and some blood pressure issues i`ve gained 60 pounds and my cardio is absolute shit right now, like I work damn hard for a fat man but I can feel it taking alot more effort than it should

i`m 40 and 320 pounds, for me 260 is my ideal weight until old age sets in and I can`t support the muscle mass anymore.

Top Back Refresh