Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

New Mexico

Farmington

If I had a better rig for it I'd think about it. Are you guys planning on running anything in particular or just messing around and seeing where the day takes you?

If I had a better rig for it I'd think about it. Are you guys planning on running anything in particular or just messing around and seeing where the day takes you?
Yes, all of it. Yes. Bring your junk, most trails have bypasses, or we have empty seats so you can jump in on the harder stuff.

Yes, all of it. Yes. Bring your junk, most trails have bypasses, or we have empty seats so you can jump in on the harder stuff.

Alright, you got me thinking about going and a buddy of mine with a buggy might be on board as well. Are you going to be camping out there? If we go, we'd probably get in Friday night.

Alright, you got me thinking about going and a buddy of mine with a buggy might be on board as well. Are you going to be camping out there? If we go, we'd probably get in Friday night.
Yeah, camping all week. See 'ya there.

I am in, see you guys on Friday. Try not to break your shit before then :flipoff2:

Heading out
63902835-BC3D-42F2-A7C1-58F9BC5F8127.jpeg

Jealous, take some pics for me. I wanna see what level of trails the ole BII can handle up there.

I didn't do anything too crazy since everyone's rigs were broken when I showed up. The wife and I just cruised around for the most part and bypassed all the optional stuff. I found out she's deathly afraid of cliffs :laughing:

I ran Lower Rim, Upper Rim, the end of Waterfall, Anasazi Refrigerator, Arch, Reptile, Garage, Snoopy, and half of Ball Hanger. Saw Briansc33 and company's tracks on a lot of the good lines on the trails we ran.

91E1B2E8-721B-46B3-BEA7-EFB964E2E3C5.jpeg

D11FED6A-98F1-4D1C-A32B-4885913C0419.jpeg

6E70385B-C491-4B08-B803-A6F3FCAD8219.jpeg

DB8CF370-4874-4FA1-A276-7C223D6CF159.jpeg

84F32BBE-9253-498B-9A21-13F907983A8D.jpeg

645CC1F4-AA67-4790-8C3C-6FB6EF89A8B1.jpeg
0BA8DE3C-6BC0-41FA-9386-EE4935BD61B2.jpeg

17A05901-7CE1-43FA-87BD-476C5EE39013.jpeg

Cool pics man! It looks like you guys got to run some cool stuff by yourselves.
I was bummed you showed up and we were all broke, but at the same time enjoyed just hanging out for a bit.
Until next time.

For those who weren't there cliffs:
Ran a bunch of stuff Monday - Thursday. I broke R/P Wednesday. Buddy broke a shaft Friday..
A decent flop on ?? Thursday put me in the ER with a concussion (yes, I was completely harnessed in). By the time '84 Bronco II showed up I was still a bit out of it.
Good times nonetheless.

I didn't do anything too crazy since everyone's rigs were broken when I showed up.
Party foul!
The wife and I just cruised around for the most part and bypassed all the optional stuff. I found out she's deathly afraid of cliffs :laughing:
In fairness there are a couple of places that have made me white knuckle up there. My socorro-built tall and skinny yota is an accident waiting to happen in the sandstone.

I thought that was the coolest stuff about wheeling in different areas. Socorro and Caballo are all about ground clearance and big gnarly chunks with the occasional ledge climb. Farmington is "Those with less wheelbase than 110, prepare thy anus"

I was bummed you showed up and we were all broke, but at the same time enjoyed just hanging out for a bit.
Until next time.

No problem, it was nice shooting the shit and I appreciate the invite :beer:

Party foul!

In fairness there are a couple of places that have made me white knuckle up there. My socorro-built tall and skinny yota is an accident waiting to happen in the sandstone.

I thought that was the coolest stuff about wheeling in different areas. Socorro and Caballo are all about ground clearance and big gnarly chunks with the occasional ledge climb. Farmington is "Those with less wheelbase than 110, prepare thy anus"

My wife was telling me to back off on a few things and that I was pushing it too hard for being by ourselves :laughing: Probably a good thing since my dumb ass probably would have gotten us into trouble :homer:

I was hesitant to take the Bronco II for that very reason. It is short, narrow, and the suspension is not balanced front to rear, so it is spooky on big, off-camber climbs to say the least. It does great on bouldery canyon bottoms, but cliffs and steep climbs can quickly become a religious experience :eek:

Until next time.

For those who weren't there cliffs:
Ran a bunch of stuff Monday - Thursday. I broke R/P Wednesday. Buddy broke a shaft Friday..
A decent flop on ?? Thursday put me in the ER with a concussion (yes, I was completely harnessed in). By the time '84 Bronco II showed up I was still a bit out of it.
Good times nonetheless.

Judging by where your tracks were you should have some cool pictures, did you get any before you broke your shit? :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh