What's new

Farmi winch/tractor log skidder

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
I know someone on here has one of these. Farmi Winch how hard would it be to build one with an old Ramsey PTO winch? Probably much easier and cheaper to just buy a HF 12k winch and run it off the tractor?

Running a cheap 12k electric winch skidding logs would make me want to blow my brains out,painfully slow. Not to mention you'd burn it up trying to do a bunch of back to back pulls.

Building the pto setup shouldn't be hard.

Running a cheap 12k electric winch skidding logs would make me want to blow my brains out,painfully slow. Not to mention you'd burn it up trying to do a bunch of back to back pulls.

Building the pto setup shouldn't be hard.
Any ideas on a reversible gearbox? I have no experience with the PTO winches just know that they are usually pretty cheap since most people want electric. Tractor PTO being 540rpm not sure what standard input rpm is on a pto winch? Could use a sprocket setup to go up or down on rpm but that doesn't solve the reversing.

Any ideas on a reversible gearbox? I have no experience with the PTO winches just know that they are usually pretty cheap since most people want electric. Tractor PTO being 540rpm not sure what standard input rpm is on a pto winch? Could use a sprocket setup to go up or down on rpm but that doesn't solve the reversing.
No idea :flipoff2:

I guess I didn't really think about reverse. What would you do if it was mounted on a truck?

No idea :flipoff2:

I guess I didn't really think about reverse. What would you do if it was mounted on a truck?
no idea.. i have "0" experience with PTO winches..

after doing a bit of Google Fu it seems the tractor forums say to run the PTO winch with a hydraulic motor with a sprocket mounted to it. Run it off the SCV on the tractor that way. Can reverse it and if you get hooked to something that wont budge it won't break parts when you can't let off the tension on it.

no idea.. i have "0" experience with PTO winches..

after doing a bit of Google Fu it seems the tractor forums say to run the PTO winch with a hydraulic motor with a sprocket mounted to it. Run it off the SCV on the tractor that way. Can reverse it and if you get hooked to something that wont budge it won't break parts when you can't let off the tension on it.

Me either, I have just recently seen a bunch of those pto skidder attachments and my first thought was that they look like they would tear shit up. :laughing:

Hydro is a good idea.

Top Back Refresh