family of Tom Petty, Rolling Stones threaten Trump

trampas

Don't Re Member
Member Number
Loc
San Mexico
https://mashable.com/article/tom-petty-trump-back-down-cease-desist/

Tom Petty's family demands Trump stop using Petty's music for the best reasons

"Tom wrote this song for the underdog, for the common man and for EVERYONE," it says. "We believe in America and we believe in democracy. But Donald Trump is not representing the noble ideals of either. We would hate for fans that are marginalized by this administration to think we were complicit in this usage.”

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/202...n-rallies.html

Rolling Stones say they’ll sue if Trump campaign keeps playing their music at campaign rallies.

The Rolling Stones are threatening President Donald Trump with legal action for using their songs at his re-election campaign rallies despite cease-and-desist directives, according to a statement issued by the band Sunday.

"The band issued a statement Saturday saying it is working with performing rights organization BMI in its effort against the Trump campaign, Rolling Stone magazine reports.

The band says Trump’s campaign has ignored previous cease-and-desist orders."

I wonder how many albums have been sold by people wanting the music for their collection? I am sure their are artists who would be glad for the free advertisement, well maybe not in todays culture

What about cease and desist orders about using other people’s avatars? :flipoff2:

What about cease and desist orders about using other people’s avatars? :flipoff2:

If you're referring to mine, didn't i I steal it from a picture and crop it until I liked it? :flipoff2: That was such a pain, I plan on having a brand new patent for it once the office responds to my letters... Covid shut the phone lines down apparently. KMA. :lmao:

kind of reminds me.. remember when either Reagan or Bush played Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.. and he threw a fit.. the president stopped playing it., and it was pretty much over..

Here is Trump and he is continuing to play music he has been told to stop playing

HUGE difference..

kind of reminds me.. remember when either Reagan or Bush played Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.. and he threw a fit.. the president stopped playing it., and it was pretty much over..

Here is Trump and he is continuing to play music he has been told to stop playing

HUGE difference..

That was Mitt Romney and Born in East La because his aupair was mexican.

edit to add: mexican morman

edit: whoops, thought they were talking about the magazine. nevermind. :homer:

Last edited:
boo hoo.....fricking crybabies. You put music out publically and then you want to control who plays it. Adorable.

How is this funny to you, loser much?

I clap loudly for them.
Ib4 I knew you would. Because you probably cannot grasp why. Ever. And that is ok.

I mentioned his name and you got butt hurt. Thanks for proving my point....... Fuckstick

Here is a great idea. STFU and worry about shit going on in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: GMC
I clap loudly for them.

Why you create something that used in a public forum and whine about who it was written for? Trump was literally the definition of underdog when he ran for election.

I think he should start his rally by opening a CD case (tape would be awesome too), inserting it into a player and saying I bought the CD I can do what I want with it.

Why you create something that used in a public forum and whine about who it was written for? Trump was literally the definition of underdog when he ran for election.

I think he should start his rally by opening a CD case (tape would be awesome too), inserting it into a player and saying I bought the CD I can do what I want with it.

That's an interesting point. When I had my gym I had to pay BMI and ASCAP because we played the radio in the workout area, and the aerobics classes of course used music too, but this was in the generation of profit, so they wanted a cut. Now a Trump rally is not a for-profit venture...at least not directly, so I wonder how that would apply. It used to be you could use up to 28 seconds of a song without having to pay for it, but that may have changed.

Trumps campaign should get Ted Nugget to legally record and release the Tom Petty song and then authorize Trump to use it.

I'm glad to see Trump getting some free press, any free press is great press! Let 'em whine....the pasty bitches!

Top Back Refresh