What's new

***Fail***

Whelp, you’re in the right thread. :flipoff2:

1723214337037.png

A couple of years ago we were in Florida when it started raining really hard. This happened about every 3 miles. There were cars on there roof in the median of a flat, straight 3 lane highway.
Walk through a parking lot in Florida and look at tires and you will understand why.
50% of the cars will be at or below wear bars. The rest will be new and on the factory tires. In the years those cars will also be on tires with no tread.

Walk through a parking lot in Florida and look at tires and you will understand why.
50% of the cars will be at or below wear bars. The rest will be new and on the factory tires. In the years those cars will also be on tires with no tread.

That's pretty much every southern state. Though you'd think Florida would know better.

When I lived in California too

When I lived in California too
No real rain in Ca, FL however gets it damn near every day! Reminds me of passing people on the shoulder when Virginia Beach got 6 inches of snow. Apparently the tires on an m3 don't work in snow to well.

Isn’t that the result of 3 or 4 inches?
Dunno about each of those specifically, I just took a snip of a half-dozen relevant news thumbnails.

In the context of tire tread depth importance, I was just showing water on the road exists here, not entering some climate competition :laughing:

If you have more rain & that matters to you, well then, you won :bounce2: :flipoff2:

For the East Coast guys. I think that the part that is forgotten about California rain is:
-The soil is baked like it came out of a pottery oven, by the time it rains enough that is will actually absorb water, the rain event is done
-If you have ever flows into LAX, everything is cement
Even the LA river is a cement trough

N Ca is different, they have Bigfoot

Dunno about each of those specifically, I just took a snip of a half-dozen relevant news thumbnails.

In the context of tire tread depth importance, I was just showing water on the road exists here, not entering some climate competition :laughing:

If you have more rain & that matters to you, well then, you won :bounce2: :flipoff2:
We have waaaay more rain, so much rain that the pavement usually stays oil free and Baldini Racing Slicks grip better:laughing:

For the East Coast guys. I think that the part that is forgotten about California rain is:
-The soil is baked like it came out of a pottery oven, by the time it rains enough that is will actually absorb water, the rain event is done
-If you have ever flows into LAX, everything is cement
Even the LA river is a cement trough

N Ca is different, they have Bigfoot
Also have to remember that for cali people 4" is a lot.

well, 4" IS a lot (and I am from PNW)
more when it has no where to go
and even more when you love in the land of feelings over facts :grinpimp:

4 inches is just a big thunderstorm or a rainy day. Not uncommon to get that a few times a year, although I wonder how much is the same water evaporating and then falling again.

Example.

Summer time, warm night you get showers come through rains overnight 80 and 100% humidity by noon then storms again that afternoon and evening. Then you do it all again the next day.

If it hasn't rained around here for three or four weeks, at least two inches is going to soak in before any starts running off. After a week of rain, every inch finds somewhere lower to go.

Top Back Refresh