What's new

***Fail***

so dumbass fail today, stopped to get coffee this morning and came out of store and truck wouldn't start. Tried jumping it and nothing. Called tow truck they had a 3 hour wait time. So scheduled for 5 hours and came to work. When it was time to meet tow truck guy he says whats wrong. I said dead batteries. He said did you try to move the cables I told him nope cuz I just put them back in this past weekend when I changed the headlights out. He said go ahead and try to move the cables. Low and motherfucking behold the positive cable spun and it started right up. He tried to get the office to not charge me but since I already paid with my card when I scheduled the tow there would be no refund. So 95 fucking dollars later i learned two lessons. Buy new cables and never pre pay for a tow truck.

so dumbass fail today, stopped to get coffee this morning and came out of store and truck wouldn't start. Tried jumping it and nothing. Called tow truck they had a 3 hour wait time. So scheduled for 5 hours and came to work. When it was time to meet tow truck guy he says whats wrong. I said dead batteries. He said did you try to move the cables I told him nope cuz I just put them back in this past weekend when I changed the headlights out. He said go ahead and try to move the cables. Low and motherfucking behold the positive cable spun and it started right up. He tried to get the office to not charge me but since I already paid with my card when I scheduled the tow there would be no refund. So 95 fucking dollars later i learned two lessons. Buy new cables and never pre pay for a tow truck.
and actually tighten the cables ?
You just missed that lesson:laughing:

Fail for me.

One of my sisters lives in San Angelo, Texas.

She wanted to give me her '92 Toyota Extra cab 4x4 pickup she bought new. Red on grey 4 cly 5 speed. I bought the exact same truck new as well.

It's been sitting in her garage for years.

I told her to sell it since it was too far away to come get. She said she was just going to keep it.

Last night I return a phone call from her. During the conversation I tell her that I want to get her truck sooner or later. She told me it was too late. I said I didn't want it and she gave it away.

You snooze you lose. :homer:

Last edited:
Fail for me.

One of my sisters lives in San Angelo, Texas.

She wanted to give me her '92 Toyota Extra cab 4x4 pickup she bought new. Red of grey 4 cly 5 speed. I bought the exact same truck new as well.

It's been sitting in her garage for years.

I told her to sell it since it was too far away to come get. She said she was just going to keep it.

Last night I return a phone call from her. During the conversation I tell her that I want to get her truck sooner or later. She told me it was too late. I said I didn't want it and she gave it away.

You snooze you lose. :homer:
1675193773116.jpeg

I thought they were bending this whole time. The frame in that video tore in half. :eek: Thats fawkin ridiculous.

What's two pallets of roof shingles weigh?
"With each bundle weighing 60 to 80 pounds, a full pallet of shingles weighs between 2,520 and 3,360 pounds. One shingle pallet is enough to cover a 14 square roof. If your roof is larger than 14 square, you'll need two pallets of shingles."

In 93 and 94 I delivered coal using an early 80’s Chevy 1ton dually. Regularlly I would gross 17k with around 11k in the bed. The sticker said something like 10,500 max. It would start floating the front tires. That pickup was used that way since new and many years after I moved on.

I would say Dodge has an issue. And you can see it broke right at the front bed mount.

So with a payload of 6580, and the actual load being up to 6720, I think the real fail is in Fiat/Chrysler/Ram for building a shit product.
Shit product or just over powered for what light duty pickups are designed for?

Whats the current hp/trq for this gen diesels? Starts @405hp iirc. With a ho option to 450?

Look at what gm/ford did with trucks rated to modern payloads up till the 90's. You had to buy a med duty truck to hual/tow that much. the only vehicles that had that much factory hp were full hd semi trucks.

In 93 and 94 I delivered coal using an early 80’s Chevy 1ton dually. Regularlly I would gross 17k with around 11k in the bed. The sticker said something like 10,500 max. It would start floating the front tires. That pickup was used that way since new and many years after I moved on.

I would say Dodge has an issue. And you can see it broke right at the front bed mount.
Yep, I regularly overload my 01 ram 1 ton and it hasn't had a case of frame snaps yet. These new trucks have a serious flaw and when someone dies suddenly because of it they're gonna be in some hot water over it.

Shit product or just over powered for what light duty pickups are designed for?
:shaking:

The fact that they've got enough engine to get it moving quick has zero to do with these failures. It's just inexcusible that modern trucks can't handle something that the F-superdutys and C30s of old did day in and day out just fine. The fact that you're too good to drive something that takes forever to get to 60 has zero bearing on the situation.

There was a post here somewhere that the factory does a vertical weld right at that mount and it becomes a weak point.

Either that or tow mirrors.
IIRC the way it went down was someone posted a picture of a failure. People were pretty quick to be like "that bracket is stupid, what fucking idiots designed that POS, of course it's gonna fail at the weld". Then someone tried to blame it on aftermarket mods. Then several people dug up pictures and diagrams showing it's an OEM bracket.

What's two pallets of roof shingles weigh?
Little enough that when my neighbors had their roof done the boss just went and picked them up in his 10th gen F150 or F250 while the tear-off was happening. The second pallet was only half full, but still. :laughing:

i had a 20' tandem dual pintal hitch trailer, it was hooked to my 01 crew 2500 short bed duramax. well we needed a cat D6b loaded up and brought to a buddies place. we just finished up a job at another friends place and more than a few beers were drank. well Butterbean and Mel are loading the dozer and Mel keeps trying to tell him to go left and right climbing up on the trailer. well i look back and see the front of my truck 3 to 4' off the ground bouncing up and down with all the backs and forths trying to get it perfect. well it did bend the frame on my truck. but that was probable 10 years ago. its still rolling today, we never bent it back.

Stockpile parts from pre '09?
More like nobody is gonna shit can expensive dies if they don't have to.

See all the late 1990s tires that idiots think are from the 70s or 80s because they say W-Germany on them because that's where the mold was made and molds last decades...

Top Back Refresh