What's new

Facebook unfriends Australia

I think it is funny and wonderful.

google went ahead and paid out of pocket to get media contracts, but if the aussie government wants to say "you must pay to share news stories" and facebook say's "easy enough, no news stories" then kudos to them.

just another nail to get people away from aggregator sites and back into using the internet where you actually go to a place to see things. full support.

do I want that in the USA? hell no.

I think it is funny and wonderful.

google went ahead and paid out of pocket to get media contracts, but if the aussie government wants to say "you must pay to share news stories" and facebook say's "easy enough, no news stories" then kudos to them.

just another nail to get people away from aggregator sites and back into using the internet where you actually go to a place to see things. full support.

do I want that in the USA? hell no.

Tells you what kind of $$$ is at stake if Google paid to continue providing a "service".

Tells you what kind of $$$ is at stake if Google paid to continue providing a "service".

if google had to rework their system to exclude anything the aussie gov labels "legacy media", it would have been arguably impossible. search engines would have had to abandon Australia.

Top Back Refresh