What's new

Extreme fuel consumption question

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
I don't think this is an extreme build question, I see Austin labeled the section extreme builds and such, BUT, and Cuz I do not need the v8 jeep fags telling me shit...
I put this here.

My crew is going to run duesy ershim this sept. And is my first time there.
All my crew runs "other rigs"....
So the ride
83 22re, w56 duals, 31" pizza cutters, 4:10s locked f/r.
I hung a 14 gallon tank in it.
I just got to 200 miles on the fresh eng., and have not gotten a trail mpg average done yet.
How much fuel you guys burn?
Thanx for lookin.
cb:usa:

Last edited:
83 22r duals 5.29s 37s with a 12 gallon tank. A full day of wheeling I can use around half a tank but usually not quite that much.
​​

Mine with A 22r 4:10, 31" duals does con on a tank in and out to tahoe,+- 10 burnt... but A 17 mile ride on the con aint the same as the 30+ miles of dusey
Anyone run dusey last year?

I ran it in an FJ40 with a 5.7L Vortec. I get maybe 12mpg tops and 7-8 mpg in 4x4. I have a 16 gal tank and carried two Jerry Cans. The guys I was with were running full-sized trucks. I don't recall how much fuel I used, but nobody in the group had a fuel issue. Gas up at Shaver Lake before you go in and again when you leave the trail.

Not sure I can convert that into 22re on 31'$ but thanx
I gotta get a shakedown run in this weekend, before I hit con to see how the new eng. Does...

You have to get better mileage with a 22RE than I do with a 350 Chevy.

True, I have +400 hp heeps to feed, that's why I am doing the math on how much spare fuel for them I can carry.
​​​this junk has to be better on fuel with the new eng. Than it was with a hurt cyl. Before...

True, I have +400 hp heeps to feed, that's why I am doing the math on how much spare fuel for them I can carry.
​​​this junk has to be better on fuel with the new eng. Than it was with a hurt cyl. Before...

Why are you hauling fuel for the Jeep fags? Do you fix their broken shit for them too?

Lol
heep
other rigs
buggys
EVERYTHING in my crew is" other "... Even the old fj' chevotas
My junk is the only 4 banger in BOTH my clubs.

baaaack from the dead
Let's stir this pot up?

looking at heading in 2 Aug 2022
anyone got repeater freqs?

I use a solid 12-16 gallons to run the dusy with a 22re. Add in another 5 gallons to drive back to the trailer.

Last time I ran the trail I added 5 gallons at lakecamp lake, and the truck stalled from running out of gas while loading it on the trailer.

Believe it or not, but a multiport sequential fuel injected v8 rig gets about 2x the fuel economy of my batch fire 4cyl on the trail.

Dusy is no joke. Bring an extra 10 gallons.

Reactions: Clb
Top Back Refresh