What's new

engineering that makes you want to punch babies.

Coil assemblies ...

IMG_20200517_123533880.jpg

starter and knock sensors on a 4.5L infinit v8. Fuck you Nissan.
Front diff bushings on the 5.7L grand cherokars around 04 to 07 give or take.
Accessory drive belts with pulleys so close you can't fish a new belt in without removal of the pulley. Looking at you 6.7L cummins.

Engineers that leave you room to install a space for an expansion, but not enough space to maintain either in a treatment plant.
process engineers that create a problem and then want more money to fix it because the new problem wasn't in their scope of work originally.

starter and knock sensors on a 4.5L infinit v8. Fuck you Nissan.
Front diff bushings on the 5.7L grand cherokars around 04 to 07 give or take.
Accessory drive belts with pulleys so close you can't fish a new belt in without removal of the pulley. Looking at you 6.7L cummins.

Engineers that leave you room to install a space for an expansion, but not enough space to maintain either in a treatment plant.
process engineers that create a problem and then want more money to fix it because the new problem wasn't in their scope of work originally.

I can do those front diff bushings fast with an air chisel.

Honestly, I want to stab the fucker that designed (yes I know who it was) the rear takedown retention spring location on the AR. I mean really 2 extra seconds could have seen a shorter spring and a threaded in cap...but no, lets not make it simple. I bet the same fucker thought it was a great idea to use a roll pin for the bolt release rather than thread that. :mad3:

Honestly, I want to stab the fucker that designed (yes I know who it was) the rear takedown retention spring location on the AR. I mean really 2 extra seconds could have seen a shorter spring and a threaded in cap...but no, lets not make it simple. I bet the same fucker thought it was a great idea to use a roll pin for the bolt release rather than thread that. :mad3:

You can fix both of those with a tap and set screw. I'm to cheap to do it but there are a few billet options offered that way.

Years ago I set the timing on a dodge 318 in a late 70s Ramcharger and getting to that things distributor hold down bolt was ridiculously hard. They outdid themselves on that one. But I have to admit that the other day I was tightening down the nuts holding a tillotson carburetor to an antique 2 stroke motor and 1 of them was barely able to be tightened by an endwrench and I thought to myself, hey this is stupider than some of the stuff I have designed less than perfectly and installed.:homer:

the dip shit designer, that thought it would be good idea to put 3" deep holes that house torx screws on exterior cover for the air intake and exhaust for my furnace.
mud dauber like making homes in them. i cannot access the screws to take the cove off, a fawking wasp nest i killed, is blocking the air intake of the furnace.

Someone I thought was a friend gave me his old 2003 VW Passat. 270hp W8 engine, AWD, tint and rims. Sounds like an easy flip to some :mr-t:, right? Needs a few minor things like a fuel pump...

20200531_190753.jpg

As though it needs to be said, fuck VW.

3 pumps, 4 level sensors, multiple tanks, Fuel Control Unit...

PassatFuel.png

Last edited:
The Caterpillar engineers that decided NOT to put a cab lift on their dozers. The Trimble engineers that decided it was a great idea to mount our automatics ecm under the floor next to the seat in a dozer. Now I get to spend an hour tearing the seat out of a brand new dozer just to spend another hour twisting my body in directions it's not meant to twist just to install a fucking ecm. John Deere has it right. Install a fucking cab lift mechanism, and all those problems are solved.

Top Back Refresh