What's new

End of HF Coupons?

Just bought their vulcan large welding cabinet, looked for days for a coupon and found nothing. Bought it anyways since the price of steel is stupid these days. AT checkout the lady said there is usually a 20% off coupon in the box with no expiration date. Got home put it together and no damm coupon. Sent HF a nice little email, we will see what they have to say.

How'd you miss this one?

20_percent_off_1512911277.6814.jpg

They are getting too big for their britches IMO. I’m not interested in buying a $200 “Voltan” drill that’s a direct copy of a $220 Milwaukee drill. Their market has been for “disposable”, specialty, and large/lighter use industrial tools.

I agree with this, their price points are way too close to legit tool brands to be considered.
I still think their tool boxes are a good deal though

I have pretty much transitioned to more common name brand tools. HF has crept the price up on their stuff to the point that it doesnt make sense to run their stuff anymore. The burgundy CE line is absolute garbage and I wont bother with it at any price. All the "premier HF brands" still seem/feel cheesy but carry a too expensive price. I may change my mind with time if the stuff proves hardy I guess. I shop there for barely passable tools that solve my rare use needs.

I'm giving it 6 months before they start spamming coupons again.

100% this

they are just temporarily getting a bunch of new inside track members and credit card holders, it will eventually be back to normal

probably about the same time they finally bring back jack stands :laughing:

Yeah I saw the credit card with perks and thought that once the new shit wears off it'll be back to normal and when you say you have a 20% off coupon they have one at the register they just scan to make the line faster.

I got a new side drawer cabinet for my HF 44” toolbox floor Christmas.
went to install it to discover they changed from 18” deep to 22” deep 3 years ago (d as ow side cabinet won’t fit),
ive been waiting 2 months for the 56” lower cabinets to go on sale/get a coupon.

I’m hoping they do a 20-25% coupon again at least on a holiday. I want to pick up a Predator genny but not at their current price.

So HF corporate emailed me and forwarded my gripe to the local store manager. Gonna wait to see what they say before I buy another one with coupon and then return it with the higher priced receipt.

I have pretty much transitioned to more common name brand tools. HF has crept the price up on their stuff to the point that it doesnt make sense to run their stuff anymore. The burgundy CE line is absolute garbage and I wont bother with it at any price. All the "premier HF brands" still seem/feel cheesy but carry a too expensive price. I may change my mind with time if the stuff proves hardy I guess. I shop there for barely passable tools that solve my rare use needs.

I agree. I bought a lot of new Tekton tools and have been beating on them. They hold up extremely well and are a lot less than the Icon tools.

So HF corporate emailed me and forwarded my gripe to the local store manager. Gonna wait to see what they say before I buy another one with coupon and then return it with the higher priced receipt.

In the past if you go in with a coupon and receipt within 30 days they will refund the difference.

Anyone have their insiders track membership I can borrow so I can get the 20% off? Or is the membership now worth it to purchase one item at 20% off...:homer::grinpimp:

Anyone have their insiders track membership I can borrow so I can get the 20% off? Or is the membership now worth it to purchase one item at 20% off...:homer::grinpimp:

Is it still tied to a phone number like it used to be? Seems like it'll make sense to have a few friends split it and share the phone number.

I used to use one of my buddy's all the time while he had it. And then I learned that you didn't even need to be a member to use the IT coupons that were posted on hfqpdb.

I just looked into it and it cost $30/year for inside track and when you join/renew you get a $10 gift card. It says you get a "personal " membership card, So I guess you need that instead of a #. Maybe a member can confirm??

Last edited:
I just looked into it and it cost $30/year for inside track and when you join/renew you get a $10 gift card. It says you get a "personal " membership card, So I guess you need that instead of a #. Maybe a member can confirm??

If it's a mag stripe card just copy it and have your buddies tell the cashier "yeah it was getting too beat up to read right so I had the IT guys at work copy it".

So now you're basically paying $20/year to get the 20% coupon only on certain weeks...

Though "no exclusions" does have some value for all the shit they've excluded for years.

082110off_hdr_01.png
082110off_hdr_02.png

082110off_hdr_03.png
082110off_hdr_04.png

Stupidly long link

The cards have your member number and a bar code on it. No mag strip. Mine were delivered in the mail earlier this week, but I haven't had time to go to the store to use them yet. It's one credit card size, and two smaller keychain cards. When I want to see what the ITC specials are online, I have to enter my member number and associated email address even though I'm already signed in to the main account. I'm curious to see if the phone number at the store will automatically bring up the membership number.

Not a bad deal for this weekend.
harbor freight 20.JPG

So now you're basically paying $20/year to get the 20% coupon only on certain weeks...

Though "no exclusions" does have some value for all the shit they've excluded for years.

Yeah that's for sure. Hmm might have to look into an ITC membership if I need to purchase any large/expensive items in the future. I've been staying the hell away from there as much as possible here lately. Like I said earlier in this thread I pretty much have everything I should ever need, but every time I step into the store I still end up shelling out $400-500 on a good day and sometimes worse! :laughing:

They got reamed in a class action suit a few years ago because it was proven that several items were always on sale and had never been sold at "normal" price. I had outfitted a last minute project for work with about $2k worth of shit from HF in the period of the CA claim and ended up getting like $400+ in gift cards from the settlement.

Yep. I didn't buy that much, but had bought a couple toolboxes and other things and got a couple hundred dollars from the settlement too.

I'm giving it 6 months before they start spamming coupons again.

Not even that long... This is from an email I received today.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 01.22.39 PM Feb.27.21.png

Basically, they're having "instant savings" prices - or coupon prices without coupons. Here's a link to the browser version of the email - LINK. I guess that makes it a bit easier for you since you don't need to take the coupon in with you, but you still have to see if something is on sale and how long you have to get to the store before it expires.

The other day I also received this email:
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 01.38.07 PM Feb.27.21.png

Again, LINK to full email.

So I'm guessing you're going to be seeing that once a month or so. You have to get the ITC membership to get the 20% discount and it will be for a few days instead of running continuously, but the "no exclusions" is a nice upgrade like Wheelerfreak said about nearly everything being excepted from the 20% coupons anymore.

I'm wondering how much these changes had to do with the settlement because after the settlement it seemed like everything just continued. Maybe they were threatened again.

I think I'm going to talk to some friends about the ITC. I know I won't buy enough to make the membership worth it, but if a few of us pool our money, it would be worth it split three or four ways. Only problem would be how strict they are about it. Do you just scan a card (that could be copied) or do you show ID or what?

I think I'm going to talk to some friends about the ITC. I know I won't buy enough to make the membership worth it, but if a few of us pool our money, it would be worth it split three or four ways. Only problem would be how strict they are about it. Do you just scan a card (that could be copied) or do you show ID or what?

See a few posts above. Sounds like they send you 3 barcoded cards. I think they always did that, but you could use your phone number too. Even if you have to use the cards, 3 people throw in $10 apiece and it's not too bad.

The 3500 watt generator is now $840. It’s up $100 since Joe Biden was elected and they ended their coupons. Not even surprised. $680 if you’re an inside track club member.

Yep. I didn't buy that much, but had bought a couple toolboxes and other things and got a couple hundred dollars from the settlement too.

Not even that long... This is from an email I received today.

Basically, they're having "instant savings" prices - or coupon prices without coupons. Here's a link to the browser version of the email - LINK. I guess that makes it a bit easier for you since you don't need to take the coupon in with you, but you still have to see if something is on sale and how long you have to get to the store before it expires.

The other day I also received this email:

Again, LINK to full email.

So I'm guessing you're going to be seeing that once a month or so. You have to get the ITC membership to get the 20% discount and it will be for a few days instead of running continuously, but the "no exclusions" is a nice upgrade like Wheelerfreak said about nearly everything being excepted from the 20% coupons anymore.

I'm wondering how much these changes had to do with the settlement because after the settlement it seemed like everything just continued. Maybe they were threatened again.

$45 for two years.
all you need is a phone number IF you don’t have the card.
if you buy something like a generator or welder from there it’s going to pay for itself in one purchase. I’m sure your buddies will use your phone number as soon as you tell them you bought the membership. You’ll get emails of all their receipts. I think they keep track of your purchases better if your an ITC member.

In the past if you go in with a coupon and receipt within 30 days they will refund the difference.

Still waiting on the local store to contact me. I have about two more weeks before my 30 days will run out.

For the weekend they have a 20% / 25% ITC coupon:

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.29.09 PM.png

Of note, ICON isn't excluded (but "storage" is - so no discount on the ICON boxes). I've been pretty pleased with the ICON hand tools I've picked up, so I have to figure out what four items I want this weekend.

For the weekend they have a 20% / 25% ITC coupon:

I just combined that with the ITC price to get the Zxr 12k winch for 239.99+tax. They had to manually apply it via a price change. Your results may vary.

Top Back Refresh