What's new

Enclosed trailer build mods

Well I’ll be dammed… it actually works.

I don’t figure you fuckers will believe me but… it’s 5pm and 85* outside. Trailer is in full sun, and it’s cool to the touch on the inside of the roof!!😳

5C29805B-A977-4E7E-B698-CA4E39004ED8.jpeg

fwiw if you ever need to replace hubs/brakes on your 5200lb axles and want to upgrade to 8 lug wheels the 8 lug 7k hubs will bolt up to the 5200lb axle spindle

It's not super expensive either. We almost did that with the buggy hauler, but it was so new that we figured the 6 lug 16s would be a better route.

The problem with the enclosed is they seem to usually not have a ton of tire clearance. 235/80r16s are a lot taller than the junk they come with.

and a kit like this in the tool box is good peace of mind(obviously you need the kit for whatever hub youre using)

whenever im towing and stop for fuel i put my hand on all the hubs to feel for excessive heat

I thought everyone did that?

I don’t figure you fuckers will believe me but… it’s 5pm and 85* outside. Trailer is in full sun, and it’s cool to the touch on the inside of the roof!!😳

Are you fucking serious? In full sun that skin should be well over 100*. Cool to the touch?

Fuck me running i need to buy some of that shit ASAFP.

That's pretty damn impressive.

How about noise? I just picked up an enclosed and was checking something the other day, 20-30 mph gusts and the aluminum roof was loud as hell with the oil can/drumming.

thanks for sharing. Getting ideas for my 20' to model into a primitive camper buggy hauler. I do want to add some sort of shower stall to rinse off or one of those outhouse sized tents.

Top Back Refresh