What's new

Electronic door locks (home)

A_G

Semi-Controlled rage
Member Number
Loc
Tahlequah, OK
The better half keeps locking herself out of the house has even locked me out when she left while I was in the barn.

What do yall have?

They're all overpriced shit.

Might as well get one of those fake rocks that you can hide a key under.

I put a manual one on my shop door, nice and simple. No electronics to break or reset

like this one

102.jpg

I put an electronic key pad on the back door. It's good for sitters, in laws, or whoever you want to give a code to.

I put a manual one on my shop door, nice and simple. No electronics to break or reset

like this one

102.jpg

Are used to have one of those but it was too hard for me to push the buttons and also if there was any misalignment it would bind.

also the digitals are a pain to change codes quickly.

i have a electric Schlage now for 3 years. Zero complaints.

Last edited:
I have a 5 button one from lowes / amazon works for my needs.

Before we got the e lock we kept the key near the door in the foyer other doors were locked and we come in thru the garage using openers.

Get a copy of the key, hide it. When she locks one of you out, shame her, then tell her where the key is. Afterwards, hide the key in a different location so that when she does it again, the key isn't there for her and she'll have to call you again. Repeat the process until she doesn't do it any more.

How the F is she locking the keys in the house anyway? I cant lock my house without a key after walking outside.

Lock only keeps honest people out in our case all you would have to do is break out the window and reach through

like this one

102.jpg

There's a reason why this style is used in the military and big corps. Still works while the EMP blast is boiling your testes. I mean you have medium-well balls but at least you made it inside.

If she's the better half...what are you doing that's worse than always locking yourself out of the house?

August Smart Lock Pro (WiFi version wasnt announced when I got it) with optional keypad.

Ive had a Schlage electronic lock on my back door for 6 years now. Other than occasionally being iffy when it is really cold (-30°F or lower) it has been a great purchase. If I thought baddies would actually stop and try to unlock the lock before kicking in a window or the other door at the house I might have wanted something with a 6 digit pin but this lock is mostly so I would actually lock the door in the first place.

Top Back Refresh